Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

new formant on TS myspace

Started by deftoolsys07, Jan 18, 2009, 02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

as far as i know this is a new version of the song. just the ending is different
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

unfamed

nah, I believe its the same as formant m, not 100% sure but I know that its not a new one.
never odd or even

TheWatcher

about time they put it back on

deftoolsys07

Quote from: unfamed on Jan 18, 2009, 03:41 AM
nah, I believe its the same as formant m, not 100% sure but I know that its not a new one.

ah i know they have about a thousand different versions of that song so i wasn't sure...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

unfamed

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 18, 2009, 08:38 AM
Quote from: unfamed on Jan 18, 2009, 03:41 AM

ah i know they have about a thousand different versions of that song so i wasn't sure...

Right, there are only three variations of the song, but they have released it under four or five different names. It gets confusing. I'm not sure but I think a lot of us are waiting for the version with vocals, thats when I'll be excited.
never odd or even

lostpilot

I do not want the version with vocals :)
I'm pretty sure Chino will destroy this beautiful track just as he destroyed Natalie Portman.

dictatesofreason

Penicks

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 18, 2009, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Chino will destroy this beautiful track just as he destroyed Natalie Portman.

what what what

Urantia23

It's a joke, right?

Zevaka

maybe you was talking about rob crow? :D

Penicks

lostpilot

Quote from: JorgeProduce on Jan 19, 2009, 01:12 AM

It's a joke, right?

no it is not. Natalie Portman was an incredible piece of music, until Chino reworked it for ten times and it became as overproduced as everything in self-titled. I just do not like self-titled as much as I would like to. And that is why I hate having a new version of Formant, because this one's already perfect for me.. so mellow, so vintage.. and he'll overproduce it again.

rock_n_frost

:o
Quote from: Zevaka on Jan 19, 2009, 06:01 AM
maybe you was talking about rob crow? :D
yeahhh  ;D

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

jaylawl

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 19, 2009, 03:49 PM

It's a joke, right?

no it is not. Natalie Portman was an incredible piece of music, until Chino reworked it for ten times and it became as overproduced as everything in self-titled. I just do not like self-titled as much as I would like to. And that is why I hate having a new version of Formant, because this one's already perfect for me.. so mellow, so vintage.. and he'll overproduce it again.

How many versions of Natalie Portman do exist? I have the default named one, the "full-mix" one and the s/t album version.

wither-I

It's a joke, right?

wholeheartedly agree.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

Quote from: jaylawl on Jan 19, 2009, 05:14 PM

It's a joke, right?

How many versions of Natalie Portman do exist? I have the default named one, the "full-mix" one and the s/t album version.

the original one,
the full mix with the album version (unofficial),
and Live from the Stage

Urantia23

It's a joke, right?

You're right man, I think the "unmastered 2001" has been the best sound of TS.  (to me.. tracks like: bionicA, acoustic two and death by plane.. are just amazing)
And I agree, the Self-titled is so overproduced. but it does't mean that Chino has destroyed the song. I think he's in an experimentation state  :-\