Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Prog/Psychedelic rock topic

Started by whodunit?, Jan 24, 2009, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An bád dubh

Ah, I found it. I shall give it a try later.

An bád dubh

Quote from: Nailec on Mar 04, 2009, 04:31 PM
has anyone listened to the new pure reason revolution?

im so disappointed right now.

ive planned to go to their show but im unsecure now.
Hmm, the new album was... well.. you were right son. Good moments here and there but after The Dark Third it was very disappointing.

And as for Motorpsycho, well, they're just fine, nothing special though. I'm gonna have to keep looking for some great new progressive rock albums.

devlin

Nailec

www.myspace.com/ampcorp

new songs of amplifier.

hope u know and like them

An bád dubh

Quote from: Nailec on Mar 11, 2009, 04:09 AM
www.myspace.com/ampcorp

new songs of amplifier.

Thanks for the info man, the new songs sound interesting.

Edit. I really enjoy the new songs.

Nailec

its really the chills. sounds older to me. not as modern as their first album.

i hope they have some unexpected and kick ass songs to headbang on their album

Crazylegs

nah, sorry. that's my cd rip. I don't know how to get better quality. Glad you like it though.

An bád dubh

This album blew my mind. Don't know which bands to compare this one, but it's really great. Man, I wanna say that you could compare it to The Mars Volta or the likes of it but this is actually something really different and a real refreshing listen. At times it reminds me a bit of Murder By Death with the violins and cellos. Okay, enough with the comparisons, give it a try, I hope you enjoy it!

The Stiletto Formal - ¡Fiesta Fiesta Fiesta Fiesta! [2008]

01.we are all muckrakers
02.nightcap at the santa fe
03.6 p.m. your time
04.bearskin rugs of the future
05.¡fiesta, fiesta, fiesta, fiesta!
06.sleeping our way to the top
07.back alley contorionist
08.50 ccs of anything potent
09.desperada
10.naked brunch

http://www.mediafire.com/?zqngzhykkjy

black coffee

Quote from: Nailec on Mar 11, 2009, 04:09 AM
www.myspace.com/ampcorp

new songs of amplifier.

Amplifier releasing an album this year... man that's awesome. I totally forgot. songs sound rly good.

Nailec

Quote from: An bád dubh on Mar 16, 2009, 05:07 PM
This album blew my mind. Don't know which bands to compare this one, but it's really great. Man, I wanna say that you could compare it to The Mars Volta or the likes of it but this is actually something really different and a real refreshing listen. At times it reminds me a bit of Murder By Death with the violins and cellos. Okay, enough with the comparisons, give it a try, I hope you enjoy it!

01.we are all muckrakers
03.6 p.m. your time
09.desperada
10.naked brunch

i remember the awesome song "the mistress and the matador" so ill give that a listzen. many thanks

hopefully they kept the cellos or violoncellos or whatever that was :) u dont hear those very often

lostpilot

hey guys, I need a recommendation.
I need a desert-ish dream-ish prog rock band/album.. something really close to dredg..

something, that would remind me of An bád dubh, lol. no, not the Clan Zuu song, the member of SL ;D

An bád dubh

Quote from: Nailec on Mar 17, 2009, 04:35 PM
i remember the awesome song "the mistress and the matador" so ill give that a listzen. many thanks

hopefully they kept the cellos or violoncellos or whatever that was :) u dont hear those very often
I hope you enjoy the album man! I heard of the band a few years ago when they released a couple of EPs but I'm glad that I stumbled on to them again now ;) And yeah, anything with cellos is cool.

An bád dubh

Quote from: lostpilot on Mar 17, 2009, 05:10 PM
hey guys, I need a recommendation.
I need a desert-ish dream-ish prog rock band/album.. something really close to dredg..

something, that would remind me of An bád dubh, lol. no, not the Clan Zuu song, the member of SL ;D
Haha, you want something that would remind you of me? Or was it just the opposite hehe. Well, I'm sure I have something like that to recommend! I'm gonna grab some dinner and think of something that would sound like that weird definition that you just provided us with =)

raynor

thanks, downloaded Weather Report because I liked the name!

theis

I'll check out whatever An bád dubh uploads. I know I can trust you when it comes to great music!

An bád dubh

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 17, 2009, 06:53 PM
I'll check out whatever An bád dubh uploads. I know I can trust you when it comes to great music!
That's great to hear man! I could say the same thing about you as well. And I can only keep uploading great music because I rarely upload anything heh. Well, that's about to change. I've received a lot of great music from here so I better give out some more as well. Man, I should actually create a new thread where to upload a variety of music. I have some great flamenco and trip hop to upload but I can't really find a suitable topic for them.

devlin

Quote from: An bád dubh on Mar 16, 2009, 05:07 PM

01.we are all muckrakers
03.6 p.m. your time
09.desperada
10.naked brunch

thanks for this one man! i'm loving it. its like somewhere between at the drive-in and the mars volta.

An bád dubh

You're very welcome bro. I'm glad you like it.

whodunit?

two great, magma songs:

de futura
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73XLkf43-s[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8lIsBvsIyM[/youtube]