Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Resident Evil 5

Started by shine down unshy, Jan 28, 2009, 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

I downloaded the demo last night and I'm playing it..it's awesomeeeeee to the maxx.  I wanna buy it.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Im guessing X-box right?
I really dont understand why no demos for PS3.
Anyway I will be buying it when it comes out.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

oldgentlovecraft

Yeah, played it this morning.  I need to play RE4 again to get used to the controls.  Seemed a bit sluggish to me, even after turning it to fastest response.  Still gorgeous and cool as hell though.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 28, 2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah, played it this morning.  I need to play RE4 again to get used to the controls.  Seemed a bit sluggish to me, even after turning it to fastest response.  Still gorgeous and cool as hell though.
I agree. i'm REALLY disappointed with the demo. but it is what it is- a demo. And don't get me wrong, I'll definitely buy this since it's Resident Evil and along with GTA and Zelda, it's the best series out there.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Did it seem sluggish to you too?  Looked amazing but was hard to control.

bright lights, big city

yeah that was the worst part about the demo. my accuracy was shit, maybe it is similar to RE4 and i just have to replay that. i hope thats it cuz i've been looking forward to this forever
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Not being able to aim and shoot while moving is so 1999

oldgentlovecraft

I am going to have to play 4 again to see what's missing.  It just didn't feel right.  Once again, awesome graphics and cool enemies but the gameplay was so rough.  I did like the buddy system similar to Zero and that shotgun was badass.  Lol I kept getting smashed by the executioner.  How many times do you have to shoot that fucker?  I jumped to the next stage and played around for a bit.

shine down unshy

I don't know how many shots it took to take him down but I finished him with the shotgun.  I tried to play "Shanty Town" but I keep dying at the end, fucking guy with the chainsaw is hard to kill.  As for the controls, they are a bit hard to get used to..but once you do...the game is so fun.

bright lights, big city

why am i killing white people and asian people in a game set in africa? have you guys seen these infected?
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

I heard that if you use the barrels on the chainsaw guy he'll go down quick.  Also, it was fun when I had room to maneuver but as was mentioned I need to get used to the controls to really enjoy it. 

Corleone

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 29, 2009, 01:58 AM
Did it seem sluggish to you too?  Looked amazing but was hard to control.

yeah, plus i run out ammo easily..

oldgentlovecraft

I used the time after the cutscene in the first level to hunt for ammo. Smash the fruit, boxes, barrels, and open the drawer by the door.  Then, it took a few minutes for the enemies to rush in so I kept picking up ammo from the bodies until it got hectic.

shine down unshy

Yup figured that out after some online co-op play.  You can also push the shelves to block the windows to stall for more time.  I wonder what the gold will be used for.

Penicks

Too bad they favor action instead of horror. RE4 had the same problem.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 01, 2009, 06:56 PM
Too bad they favor action instead of horror. RE4 had the same problem.
that basically sums up my thoughts on this now. it kinda seems like capcom's turned RE is turning into just another Onimusha or Devil May Cry, but with a different setting.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

I I think the series has always been a mix of action and scares.  I've jumped quite a few times throughout the series (fucking lickers).  However, there was and will be an emphasis on weapons and enemies for as long as the series continues.  It has become more intense than frightening but the series was never only about the scares.  I see this as the logical progression of the series.  RE4 was the best entry in the series and there were still dogs, parasite infested humans, enormous monster bosses, booby traps, and enough weapons to annihilate the wicked.  I hope they fix the controls and keep shit crazy.

lostpilot

Corleone

its alright... the controls still suck

defTHE1s

Hey, this is the full game? or is the demo?
http://www.gamestorrents.com/xbox360-game-resident-evil-5-spanish-spanish-descargar-torrent-4851.html
Only is there for xBox, but since i don't have it, i haven't tried..

i'm waiting for a PC version... or maybe PSP?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...