Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Christian Bale goes apeshit on the DOP on the set of Terminator 4

Started by theis, Feb 03, 2009, 02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Boo-Fucking-Hoo...he's bein a little bitch. I like him and all,but fuck,no reason to act like that....  ::)

defskull

My opinion of him has not changed because of this.  He is still a badass.  Perhaps more so now.

theis

Quote from: defskull on Feb 05, 2009, 12:03 AM
My opinion of him has not changed because of this.  He is still a badass.  Perhaps more so now.

haha, damn straight.

bIondie

theis

Bale speaks:

"It's been a miserable week for me," says the 35-year-old actor. "I know I have a pottymouth, everybody knows that now. I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief, I was way out of order."

"I acted like a punk, I regret that and there is nobody that has heard that tape that has been hit harder by it [than me]. I make no excuses for it, it is inexcusable and I hope that is absolutely clear."

Bale continues, "One thing that has really disturbed me throughout this is I'm not familiar or comfortable with this notion of being a movie star. I'm an actor and I don't quite know how to handle [the movie star thing]. The thing that disturbs me so much is that I've heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think I'm better than anybody else. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I'm a lucky SOB. I never forget that and that is why I put so much into what I do and I care so much about it . Sometimes that enthusiasm just goes awry."

He concluded the call by saying, "I am embarrassed by it and I regret it. And I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves, 'Have they ever had a bad day and have they ever lost their temper and really regretted it immensely?'"

The last statement says it all. Bale's the man.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

stop being such a bitter little bitch. it doesn't suit you ;)

devilinside

He was totally a turd for the way he acted! You think you could get away with flipping out on someone like that at work? No. Makes me think less of him.  (which sucks cause he's a total cutie)

Jacob

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 09, 2009, 06:26 PM
He was totally a turd for the way he acted! You think you could get away with flipping out on someone like that at work? No. Makes me think less of him.  (which sucks cause he's a total cutie)

who said he got away with it? everyone's heard that sound clip by now and it has no doubt hurt his reputation. but he did the most professional thing he could about it, he apologized publically and gave an explanation. he's still a good actor.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

kelly, did you read his apology? he's clearly embarrassed and wishes it never had happened. he seems like a genuine dude.

devilinside

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Feb 09, 2009, 06:30 PM
kelly, did you read his apology? he's clearly embarrassed and wishes it never had happened. he seems like a genuine dude.

Yeah I read it,and I'm sure it was only said because his publicist made him do so. I doubt it was voluntary. Remember....he IS an actor....

theis

so, because he's actor, we cant assume that he's a decent human being?

devilinside

No,not at all Theis. I'm just saying,he's been told what a turd he's been because of this,so he wants to seem like a "good guy" and apologize,sincere or not,cause he doesn't wanna lose work. And I'm not saying that he's not a good guy either,but I just don't see a decent human being belittling someone like that for several minutes and people thinking he's all BA for doin it. He could have went about it in a more civilized way,rather than acting like some diva actor god. (and again,he's totally cute so that's why I wont HATE him,but I think he's a piece of somethin stinky for his actions)

theis

well, even before he apoligised i thought his fit was fully acceptable. the other was the douche in this case. guess we're not gonna agree on this :)

devilinside

13hourstoparadise

I loose my temper and punch holes in the wall all the time... I don't look at Bale any different, he seems like a rad person, great fucking actor - if not the best in our lifetime. Who cares, we are all imperfect.

Jacob

they used this in the latest episode of Family Guy. you gotta see it, frickin hilarious.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

whodunit?