Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I'm moving to LA...

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Feb 06, 2009, 08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

I'm going to live with a friend who owns an art/music studio in W. Hollywood, or somewhere near Kat Von D's place (High Voltage).

Who here is from LA?

Where do you recommend I move? We are thinking Echo Park, or Silverlake. My friend already lives their so he knows his way around.

Where are the good surf spots near LA.

I hope to meet some of you once I'm there. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Deftones @ Bamboolze with or w/o Chi.

Jerry_Curls

Do you mind seeing trannies everywhere? What about cleanliness? Is that a big issue with you? That part of west hollywood is good bcause its close to the main part of hollywood just to the north. Good clubs and lounges in Hollywood. Always something to do every day of the week. The Fairfax district isnt far from there so you can do some shopping, go to Canters, or go to a comedy club. And if you dont mind public transportation, the subway is like a fifteen min walk to the north(hollywood and highland) and you can take it to downtown for a different environment.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

Ok so now if youwant a more eclectic place to live in I would definately recommend moving to Echo Park. The arts scene is thriving and the music scene is awesome. Lots of cool cafes and restauants in the silverlake/sunset junction area ( echopark/silverlake/sunset junction are all bordering each other so I consider it the same hood) Underground music venues are the shit there. The Echo/echoplex,pehrspace, l'keg gallery all have awesome bands playing. If you like drinking the bars there rock...very divey, different from hwood. Shortstop, LittleJoy, Barragins, Gold Room, The Echo, etc. I love this neighborhood because its old Los Angeles architecture andd the mix of oldschool local white people and mexicans. Like a ten minute , maybe less, bus ride to downtown if you want to bar  hop the bus runs 24hours through this part of town. If you needto do some shopping Los Feliz is not far at all. Its like the neighboring hood that is quirky and nice to walk around.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jacob

I'm gonna move to LA too. sometime.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

13hourstoparadise

Echo Park sounds like the digs. Thanks.

I just sold my M3 today, so the money is staying in a saving account in Seattle, I hope I just forget about it and make a lot of interest.

Is the subway like the BART? Bay Area Rapid Transit... Not sure if you've been to the bay area...

Variable

I'm about 3 hours from L.A. but I have never made my way over there

13hourstoparadise

Well shit, now you have an excuse. Comte to Bomboozle in April -- which is in Irvine, CA. We will see Deftones and he make out... Ugh. I mean make out a plan to take over world.

pissedandpierced

Can I move to LA with you? I'm a domestic goddess if that helps.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Variable

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 07, 2009, 06:44 PM
Well shit, now you have an excuse. Comte to Bomboozle in April -- which is in Irvine, CA. We will see Deftones and he make out... Ugh. I mean make out a plan to take over world.
Deftones will be there?  I might have to do this

White Pwny

Quote from: Variable on Feb 07, 2009, 08:30 PM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 07, 2009, 06:44 PM
Deftones will be there?  I might have to do this

Lucky ass.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

goldpony

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Feb 07, 2009, 08:08 PM

13, i wouldnt pass this one up :)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

I added you to myspace, we can chat...

pissedandpierced

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 08, 2009, 03:46 AM

I added you to myspace, we can chat...

Haha so it's you. I was gonna deny it.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

13hourstoparadise

If you really are moving to LA and need a place to crash a friend might be able to hook you up for a while. But I'm living in an actual art/music studio until I find a place. I'm not bringing my bed, so I need to figure it out.

Variable

I have an extra air mattress.  You me and pierced can have wild orgies in the desert.

13hourstoparadise

Haha, gross...

I got the address like a week ago, but I've never really looked it up. It's Larchmont AVE which is like three blocks from Santa Monica Blvd. I can't wait to get out of the cold, and Seattle isn't that cold, I feel bad for people way up north.

13hourstoparadise

This whole time I thought I was moving to LA... Mexico here i come.

Variable

thats about the truth actually

13hourstoparadise

There are a lot of mexicans in Seattle. I used to live in a all hispanic area of San Jose... I was the only cracker.

So I'm used to it and love diversity.