Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Blood Brothers appreciation thread

Started by whodunit?, Feb 08, 2009, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

theis

absolutely hate them. mainly because of the vocals. oh dear...

devlin

i love these guys. i totally understand why alot of people hate the vocals though. "trash flavored trash" is my favorite song by them.

these guys have a whole lot of other bands but none are as good. jaguar love is best/closest to BB.

whodunit?

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Feb 08, 2009, 10:39 AM
absolutely hate them. mainly because of the vocals. oh dear...

fall out boy

theis

haha are you serious with that comment? get your head out of your ass, man.

bright lights, big city

I guess it's hit or miss with the vocals, but that's one of reasons I love them. The entire "Crimes" and "Young Machetes" are phenominal.
Huge Gold AK-47, Life the Veil Kiss the Tank, Peacock Skeleton are some of my favorites.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

raynor

Best topic ever.

They were the best. I bet they'll reunite one day, once Jordan and Johnny get on friendly terms again.

defskull

I highly recommend Jaguar Love to those still wanting some Blood Brothers-esque music. It's very good.  But yeah, Blood Brothers pwn.

black coffee

October 20, 2009 – Los Angeles, CA. – Epitaph Records announces plans to re-issue The Blood Brothers’ classic albums “Burn, Piano Island, Burn,” “Crimes,” “Young Machetes” and “March On Electric Children” on November 17. The CD and digital re-issues will include rare previously unavailable live tracks and videos, music videos and B-sides for the ultimate collectors’ edition.

I really miss them.

ben

I used to loveeee this band if anyone can remember.  Now, their vocals really do grate on me.  I don't know if I could listen to an album in its entirety again.  pretty cool re-issues though.

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Oct 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
Now, their vocals really do grate on me.  I don't know if I could listen to an album in its entirety again. 

i feel the same way. the screaming just hurts my ears. no pleasure in that :(

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Jacob

the little Blood Brothers I've heard just annoyed the hell out of me so I've tried to avoid them. several of my friends are fans though.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

black coffee

haha I remember when I've been to one of their last shows. They played this festival, and most people around me didn't really know what to do. Headbanging? Moshing? Standing still? Nothing works to this band, and that is one of the things that make them great.
The intro was Jordan and Johnny screaming alternately, then music was added to this total weirdness. Not only a few people were leaving the audience, it was awesome.

oldgentlovecraft

Crimes is a badass album, and yeah the vocals took some getting used to, but now I enjoy all of their albums.

ben

I like Jordan's vocals a lot more than Johnny.  Not to mention Johnny is the biggest fucktard I have ever seen.  What a dbag.

No More Sugar

I have much appreciation for this band.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

theis

I wanna rip out Johnny's vocal chords. Looks like a douche, sounds like a douche.

It baffles how anyone can stand listening to those vocals.

bright lights, big city

I can't wait to hear some unreleased shit.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

I'm disappointed with the amount of hate here.  I still enjoy both vocalists.  The energy that they had when they fed off each other was amazing.  I wish I could have seen them live.

TheScumfiend

I loved them, I almost went to see them just before they split up.  Didn't realise it was their last tour until too late.

Anyone listened to Headwound City?  They've got 2 members of The Locust including Justin Pearson, 2 members of Blood Brothers including one of the singers, and the drummer from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Its pretty hectic and well worth a spin.  It even sounds a bit like a mash of the sounds of there respective bands.
My weekly Chart: