Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Blood Brothers appreciation thread

Started by whodunit?, Feb 08, 2009, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Past Lives is just right because it's Blood Brothers without Johnny.

http://www.myspace.com/pastlivesmusic

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

raynor

haha whut? Johnny seems like a super nice guy to me. I've talked to him at shows and he seemed alright to me, the all do.

Neither Jaguar Love nor Past Lives is as good as TBB though. They're both releasing albums now, and I fear that Past Lives will shred all over Jaguar Love, since Jaguar Love is only Johnny + Cody + Drummachine. Maybe a bit too much.

ben

If Jaguar Love needs to do anything, it's change their shit up.  That first album was nonsense. 

bright lights, big city

has Past Lives even released anything yet?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

jaguar love is alot better than past lives imo. i don't know of a release just the songs on their myspace.

ben

bright lights, big city

thanks, Ben! I've only heard the stuff they've thrown on myspace and I enjoyed those tracks, so I'm looking forward to this.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

My name is Denver Max, I eat heart attacks...

raynor

another new song on their myspace. pretty cool I think.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

bright lights, big city

Jaguar Love's new one is absolutely phenominal. I Started A Fire is totally a 'sequel' of sorts to Set Fire To The Faces On Fire.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 20, 2010, 12:31 AM
Jaguar Love's new one is absolutely phenominal. I Started A Fire is totally a 'sequel' of sorts to Set Fire To The Faces On Fire.

Joke? If they lost the gay as hell chiming synth tones and had some REAL FUCKING DRUMS this album would have hope. Not sure why they thought this whole two guys and a drum machine thing was going to work but if fucking doesn't which is a shame because I think these songs could have really been a great follow up to Take Me To The Sea.

bright lights, big city

on Polaroids and Red Wine the drum machine can get to you, but most of the other tracks are fucking catchy as hell. Sad Parade and Cherry Soda are stuck in my mind right now.
DERP

raynor

hahaha this is album is so horrible. Freak out is kinda catchy, that's about it. seriously, get the blood brothers back together.

ben

All the critics are giving this album handjobs.