Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Blood Brothers appreciation thread

Started by whodunit?, Feb 08, 2009, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: ben on Feb 24, 2010, 08:10 PM
All the critics are giving this album handjobs. 
as am i. im stroking it long and hard, dude. mmmm....my wrist getting tired. feel that burn!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

so i'm still listening to the new Jaguar Love on a pretty consistent basis. obviously, i wish they would all re-unite, but this along with Tapestry of Webs is managing to tide me over.

screw you, you haters
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

raynor

New jag is totally whack. I mean, I can't even finish a single song without cringing. Listened to Young Machetes today, great and I guess a somewhat underrated album!

raynor

New band with Cody and Mark from the Blood Brothers, Paul from At The Drive-In and some guy from Idiot Pilot. Ross Robinson is producing.

I'm psyched already.

http://twitter.com/ross_robinson

defskull

I've been listening to a lot of Blood Brothers lately and Young Machetes never got the love it truly deserved.  Everyone seems to love Burn Piano Island, Burn's dick but Young Machetes might be my favorite Blood Brothers album.

bright lights, big city

Love that album. Actually 2 of my top 5 Blood Brothers songs are off YM. "Lift the Veil, Kiss the Tank" is a contender for #1, and their swan song "The Giant Swan" is great.
DERP

Jerry_Curls

Hahah I think all of us, Blood Brothers fans, are rediscovering Young Machetes! Just this past month I decided to give it a spin since say...2006...boy did I miss out. I actually like the sound/production of this album way more compared to BPIP's polished (albeit still amazing and way ahead of it's time) musicianship. It's raw and gritty without being lo-fi. I think it has their most intense/punk song that I wish I could have circlepitted to..."You're the Dream Unicorn!" Johnny's scream tears my face off during the 2nd chorus. Love it! I feel as if this album should have happened after This Adultery is Ripe.

Although, thats what I love about being able to listen to Blood Brothers' albums. Every one of their albums brings something new to the plate while still maintaining that hardcore/punk sound that not a lot of bands can achieve.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

black coffee

Thanks for the bump, I just copied a few albums by TBB onto my mp3 player.