Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

for some reason the old incubus thread is gone. ah well, here's a new one.

discuss any incubus stuff in here...news, albums, reviews, concerts, etc.

uhm, yeah, the main reason i was looking for the incubus thread was because i just discovered this video that Brandon posted, shortly before christmas, on their site.
it's pretty hilarious and it gives us some info as to what the dudes are doing atm. (as you know, they're on a hiatus).

just go to http://www.enjoyincubus.com/ and let the page load the video. good stuff.

and here's another new vid from Brandon that he posted on myspace:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=52039057

they have an upcoming greatest hits album which will feature some new tracks.

so yeah, that's it. enjoy incubus  :)

deftonekid

I didn't know about the greatest hits album, I should check their myspace often.

Viva La Incubus.

theis

i didn't know about it either until yesterday, hehe!

mr.sinister

Hehe cool. Great time in their career to release a greatest hits record. Of course I am just saying that so that I can get my hands on some new tracks! ;D

New record should be out by 2010. 8)

theis

EPIC RECORDS PROUDLY ANNOUNCES MONUMENTS AND MELODIES - A TWO DISC GREATEST HITS ALBUM FROM MULTI-PLATINUM ARTIST INCUBUS

NEW SINGLE, “BLACK HEART INERTIA” TO IMPACT RADIO APRIL 16

BAND ANNOUNCE SUMMER TOUR DATES

EXCLUSIVE PRE-SALE OFFER AVAILABLE NOW

New York, NY – Multi-platinum Epic recording artist, Incubus, is gearing up to release MONUMENTS AND MELODIES, a two disc collection of the band’s greatest hits and rarities, on June 16. The collection is a must have for fans of the band whose extraordinary career has spanned over a decade, has spawned twelve Top 10 hits – four of those landing at # 1, and six studio albums, the last being Light Grenades which debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top 200, marking the highest charting album debut of the band’s career.

To celebrate the release of MONUMENTS AND MELODIES, Incubus is offering fans the opportunity to pre-order the album here.  The album pre-order automatically enters fans into an exclusive Internet pre-sale where they will be amongst the first to purchase tickets to an upcoming show on the band’s highly anticipated Monuments and Melodies Summer Tour. The tour will officially kick off July 9th at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre in San Diego, CA and will cover 31 major cities across the U.S. and Canada, including dates at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and two nights at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

The two disc collection will be released in two configurations, a two disc CD, and a four disc LP. The first disc includes the band’s biggest hits including twelve Top 10 singles such as “Drive,” “Wish You Were Here” and “Pardon Me”, as well as two brand new tracks, “Black Heart Inertia” and “Midnight Swim” (both produced by Brendan O’Brien).  The second disc consists of rarities that the band has recorded over the years, including a brand new cover of Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy.” Album artwork for MONUMENTS AND MELODIES was designed by lead singer, Brandon Boyd.

Adding to the rarities on the physical release, Incubus will launch the most comprehensive collection of Incubus audio, video, and photos in a new section of www.enjoyincubus.com called The Vault. Many of these items have never been seen or were released in limited editions. Each individual copy of the physical album will include a unique code that can be used to upgrade the users account at www.enjoyincubus.com and allow them to download all of this incredible Incubus material.

Following in the footsteps of the incredible radio story for the band’s single, “Love Hurts”, which went to # 1 at alternative radio and will impact Adult Top 40 on March 17, Incubus will release “Black Heart Inertia”, the first new single from MONUMENTS AND MELODIES, on April 16. Fans can log onto the band’s website to stream a 45-second sample of the track.

Brandon Boyd, Michael Einziger and Jose Pasillas II formed Incubus in 1991 when they were high school classmates in Calabasas, CA.  Chris Kilmore joined in 1998 and Ben Kenney in 2003. The band’s big break came in 1999 with the release of the double-platinum selling album, Make Yourself, which included the singles: “Pardon Me,” “Stellar,” and “Drive”. The group’s third album, Morning View, released in 2001, debuted at number two on the album chart and included the radio hits “Wish You Were Here,” and “Nice To Know You.”  The most recent release from Incubus, Light Grenades, blazed onto Billboard’s Top 200 in 2006, debuting at #1.

You can catch Incubus playing some of the biggest hits of their career on the MONUMENTS AND MELODIES tour. Album track listing and tour dates are below.

www.enjoyincubus.com

MONUMENTS AND MELODIES TRACKLISTING:
DISC ONE

Black Heart Inertia
Drive
Megalomaniac
Anna-Molly
Love Hurts
Wish You Were Here
Warning
Stellar
Talk Shows On Mute
Pardon Me
Dig
Oil And Water
Are You In?
Nice To Know You
Midnight Swim

DISC TWO

Neither Of Us Can See
Look Alive
While All The Vultures Feed
Pantomime
Anything
Punch Drunk
Admiration
Martini
A Certain Shade Of Green (Acoustic)
Monuments And Melodies
Let’s Go Crazy

MONUMENTS AND MELODIES TOUR
The following dates are confirmed, with more dates to be added:

Date                City                             Venue
July 9               San Diego, CA            Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre
July 10             Santa Barbara, CA     Santa Barbara Bowl
July 11             Las Vegas, NV            The Joint
July 13             Hollywood, CA            Hollywood Bowl
July 16             Salt Lake City, UT       Usana Amphitheatre
July 19             Kansas City, MO        City Market
July 21             Chicago, IL                 Charter One Pavilion
July 22             Indianapolis, IN            The Lawn at White River State Park
July 23             St. Louis, MO              Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
July 25             Cincinnati, OH            Riverbend Music Center
July 26             Detroit, MI                    DTE Energy Music Theatre
July 29             Celeveland, OH          Time Warner Amphitheatre
July 30             Toronto, ONT              Molson Amphitheatre
August 1          Boston, MA                 Comcast Center
August 2          Uncasville, CT            The Mohegan Sun Arena
August 4          New York, NY              Radio City Music Hall
August 5          New York, NY              Radio City Music Hall
August 7          Holmdel, NJ                P.N.C Banks Arts Center
August 8          Philadelphia, PA          Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing
August 9          Washington, DC         Merriweather Post Pavilion
August 11        Virginia Beach, VA      Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
August 12        Charlotte, NC             Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
August 14        Atlanta, GA                 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
August 15        Tampa, FL                  Ford Amphitheatre
August 16        Miami, FL                   Bayfront Park Amphitheatre
August 19        Austin, TX                  Austin Music Hall
August 21        Houston, TX               Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
August 22        Dallas, TX                  Superpages.com Center
August 25        Phoenix, AZ               Jobbing.com Arena

Greatest Hits Cover Art:

Woot woot!

bright lights, big city

at least S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is somewhat represented.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 11, 2009, 04:34 PM

haha yeah, that bummed me out too. not one single song? fucking weird. i'm sure the band itself has nothing to do with the selected songs... I blame Epic.

mr.sinister

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 11, 2009, 04:37 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 11, 2009, 04:34 PM

haha yeah, that bummed me out too. not one single song? fucking weird. i'm sure the band itself has nothing to do with the selected songs... I blame Epic.

Man at least Idiot Box or Favorite things can be put on here. And where the hell is Azwethinkweiz? Im still buying this shit because I want the new song. Sooo fucking Stoked!  It says A Certain Shade Of Green (acoustic). Is this a studio (or 'lounge' version as Boyd calls it) that they recorded in a studio or a  live song, or the T-LC song they did in 2004? ???

The album art is crazy stoked that Boyd designed the artwork for this.

deftonekid

IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY...

No songs from S.C.I.E.N.C.E? fuck that, they just put their mellow singles for the new generations of radio hits...I think the only "heavy" song there is Pardon Me. Fail.

theis

Meh, most Greatest Hits albums suck anyways. I'm just stoked about the two new songs and some of the rare stuff.

And a possible european tour.

In all, just fucking exciting that the band is back together.

lithium

i'd much rather see them in a smaller venue. it sucks they're playing an amphitheater
💩

defskull

Yeah I don't know if I'll see them this time around.  Last time I saw them was in a very small venue.  I was spoiled.  Anyway, it's not like SCIENCE is represented much in concert, so why have it represented on the cd?   I probably wont buy this.  Sorry Incubus, I already bought all of your cds.  No need to buy another one that has the same songs on it.

deftonekid

Quote from: defskull on Mar 13, 2009, 06:51 AM
I probably wont buy this.  Sorry Incubus, I already bought all of your cds.  No need to buy another one that has the same songs on it.
same here

mr.sinister

I already pre-ordered. The second disc sounds good and I want that code to access unreleased material as well as the pre-sale tickets. The 1st disc is nothing special I'll agree.

skooks

Probably strange and sacrilegious to admit but 'A Crow Left of the Murder' and 'Light Grenades' are the only albums of theirs that I really, really like. The other stuff I'm not fussed on.
http://www.last.fm/user/skooks
http://skooks.tumblr.com/

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

deftonekid

Quote from: skooks on Mar 13, 2009, 11:24 PM
Probably strange and sacrilegious to admit but 'A Crow Left of the Murder' and 'Light Grenades' are the only albums of theirs that I really, really like. The other stuff I'm not fussed on.
n00b

Nebontha

QuoteProbably strange and sacrilegious to admit but 'A Crow Left of the Murder' and 'Light Grenades' are the only albums of theirs that I really, really like. The other stuff I'm not fussed on.
Wow, it's like the opposite for me...but yeah, some of their earlier stuff might be too cheesy for some, sometimes, but it's all in good fun I guess...
At least you enjoy the present, and you ain't some disgruntled nostalgic f00l.
Blessings.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Nebontha on Mar 17, 2009, 08:46 PM
QuoteProbably strange and sacrilegious to admit but 'A Crow Left of the Murder' and 'Light Grenades' are the only albums of theirs that I really, really like. The other stuff I'm not fussed on.
Wow, it's like the opposite for me...but yeah, some of their earlier stuff might be too cheesy for some, sometimes, but it's all in good fun I guess...
Blessings.

its funny this thread popped up out of nowhere. because earlier today before a bike ride, i decided to listen to "a crow to the left of the murder"

i havent listened to the album in years. mainly because everytime i hear the album it takes me back to a certain place in time. which makes me feel a way i cant describe.

anyway. everyone who likes incubus says they dont like a crow to the left of the murder

but for me. i absolutely love it. and yet i dont like incubus.

i really love that album though. like i said. all my favorite music and albums take me back in time. and that album does it possibly more intensely than any other

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

mr.sinister

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 17, 2009, 09:26 PM
Quote from: Nebontha on Mar 17, 2009, 08:46 PM
Blessings.

its funny this thread popped up out of nowhere. because earlier today before a bike ride, i decided to listen to "a crow to the left of the murder"

i havent listened to the album in years. mainly because everytime i hear the album it takes me back to a certain place in time. which makes me feel a way i cant describe.

anyway. everyone who likes incubus says they dont like a crow to the left of the murder

but for me. i absolutely love it. and yet i dont like incubus.

i really love that album though. like i said. all my favorite music and albums take me back in time. and that album does it possibly more intensely than any other
Thats cool dude. The crow album is good, all in all. Especially, Here In My Room, Zee Deevel and Pistola. That album takes me back in time too, so I can relate with you as well, but for me it kinda brings melancholic vibes so I don't know if its the opposite or the same for you.

ben

A Crow Left of the Murder reminds me of learning to drive, haha.