Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebontha

okay okay so maybe nostalgia's good sometimes...good to hold onto old memories and shit, better than forgetting everything and having no memory I guess..poor Chi, I hope he remembers some good things when he wakes up...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

skooks

Quote from: deftonekid on Mar 17, 2009, 08:07 PM
Quote from: skooks on Mar 13, 2009, 11:24 PM
Probably strange and sacrilegious to admit but 'A Crow Left of the Murder' and 'Light Grenades' are the only albums of theirs that I really, really like. The other stuff I'm not fussed on.
n00b

Not quite, but good guess.
http://www.last.fm/user/skooks
http://skooks.tumblr.com/

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

ALightOn

what a (major) disappointment

deftonekid

theis

It's not mindblowing, but a great song nonetheless. What I love about it, is that they still have their own sound. Mike's guitar playing and Brandon's vocals keep getting better.

deftonekid

I wonder if they ever gonna sound again like the SCIENCE or Make Yourself era...

theis

That would be boring. They shouldn't try to achieve an old sound... No bands should do that. At least in my opinion. I'll always think of SCIENCE as their greatest work, but I still respect (and like) the direction they're going in.

deftonekid

I agree with you bro but you have to accept that they've been doing the same stuff since ACLOTM...it's the same sound since then. Still the same formula.

theis

Eh, I think Crow and Grenades sound vastly different. I think Crow is a much stronger album. I'll admit, Light Grenades was a disappointment. Still really looking forward to a new album though. They MUST have something new and exciting up their sleeves.

deftonekid

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 01, 2009, 11:52 PM
Light Grenades was a disappointment. Still really looking forward to a new album though. They MUST have something new and exciting up their sleeves.
Agreed

theis

As long as they dont make songs like Love Hurts and Dig again, I'm happy. :)

theis

deftonekid

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 02, 2009, 09:30 AM
As long as they dont make songs like Love Hurts and Dig again, I'm happy. :)
I know what you mean bro. I like dig a little tho.

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 02, 2009, 10:11 AM
Black Heart Inertia (mp3)
http://www.theaudioperv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/black_heart_inertia.mp3
thx

theis

Black Heart Inertia is really growing on me. I like it quite a lot. It's better than most of the songs on Light Grenades.

Mike's solo is sweeet. Also, most may think they're cheesy, but I really dig the lyrics.

deftonekid

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 02, 2009, 06:11 PM
Black Heart Inertia is really growing on me. I like it quite a lot..
Same here. It has some of the sound of ACLOTM which I love.

defskull

Bleh.  deftoneskid is right.  If you had put this on ACLOM or Light Grenades, I wouldn't be able to tell which cd it came from.  I mean it's still decent, but they need to do something different.

deftonekid

Quote from: defskull on Apr 02, 2009, 06:36 PM
I mean it's still decent, but they need to do something different.
now we're talking.

defskull

Oh yeah are they officially off hiatus?

theis

Quote from: defskull on Apr 02, 2009, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah are they officially off hiatus?

Yup!

They're counting on having a new album out in the beginning of 2010.

mr.sinister

Yea, Black Heart Inertia really disappointed me. I mean it sounds different from LG which is good, but the song just felt empty to me. All the band members are really good on their instruments and Boyd's vox are top notch it just didn't do anything for me. Still stoked that they pre-maturely ended their hiatus and I am curious as hail to hear Midnight Swim.