Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

incubus

Started by theis, Feb 10, 2009, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

I'd have to say Morning View or S.C.I.E.N.C.E. 

Morning View is one of those cds that surprised me.  Everyone told me how bad it was, but I just had to get all the cds.  I was pleasantly surprised when I got it.  One of my favorite cds overall by them.

nonesuch

fungus amongus, not for the lyrics but for the jams
i drink your milkshake

deftonekid

Quote from: penguin in the desert on May 14, 2009, 06:08 PM
What's everyone's favorite album lyrically?

Mine's definitely Make Yourself.

Songs like Privilege, When It Comes, Make Yourself, Pardon Me and Out From Under have some of my favorite lyrics ever.
same here, Pardon Me is so strong

Quote from: lithium on May 14, 2009, 07:48 PM
Aqueous Transmission is stunning

i just picture him getting really high and writing and coming up with melodies..
yeah you have to be really high to make a tune like that. Everytime I listen to it I picture myself sailing on a little boat.

lithium

💩

theis

new jose pasillas interview
http://jetlabmag.com/

Hidalgo

i havent really cared about anything they've done since morning veiw, a crow left didnt do much for me. it's like they tried too hard to make weird music & force solos. it was too much of that & not enough good songs. but their first 3 albums are good stuff. those albums are the true incubus

make yourself
morning veiw
science

deftonekid

theis

it pays off to buy the greatest hits album. you get a special code for their "Vault" on their website. details:

The Vault:
You've heard us talk about The Vault for almost 2 months now, and we appreciate your patience.  Here are the details of the Greatest Greatest hits package ever:
- The Vault will contain over 100 rare or unreleased MP3's
- The Vault will contain over 100 rare or unreleased Videos
- The Vault will contain over 400 photos, taken by the band members themselves
- The Vault will live at www.enjoyincubus.com starting 6.16.09
- Any visitor signed into enjoyincubus.com will be able to stream or view all of the MP3's, Videos, and Photos
- Any visitor who is signed in and has a code from one of the physical copies of Monuments and Melodies, or a code from the digital version of Monuments and Melodies purchased at Incubus' store, will be able to download over 100 of the items from The Vault
- All downloadable assets in The Vault will only be able to be streamed as clips
- All non-downloadable assets in The Vault can be streamed full length
- The Vault assets will be released in segments on the following dates:

that's pretty fucking cool.

also:

KROQ Live Stream!
This Tuesday, June 16, beginning at 8AM/PST Kevin & Bean from KROQ, the nation’s leading rock station, will host a breakfast with Incubus.  The group will be on to discuss and play songs from their new album, Monuments and Melodies, a two disc collection of the band’s greatest hits and rarities, including the new hit single “Black Heart Inertia”.  The album hits stores the same day.  Fans can listen to the interview on-air, online at www.kroq.com and through a variety of mobile devices such as the iPhone and Blackberry.  In addition, the full experience will be webcast via a live stream on KROQ’s homepage, so fans can also watch the action as it happens.  Furthermore, listeners can submit questions for the band to answer through KROQ’s website.

The Monuments and Melodies Documentary:
Another thing we've been talking about for a while is the Monuments and Melodies Documentary.  Today music.msn.com will premiere the entire 50 minute piece.  Stop by and watch new footage of the band discussing some of their favorite moments in Incubus history and their reasoning behind Monuments and Melodies.

theis

mr.sinister

I got my copy in the mail yesterday. The videos from the Fungus Amongus era are suh-weet.

Fireal1222

as i always say. even though most people dont like. a crow to the left of the murder. its the only incubus album i like.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

bright lights, big city

they're gonna be on Conan tomorrow night
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Penguins, keep us updated on what sort of rare mp3's you'll be getting.  I'm curious as to what's out there.

Livewire

I have owned A Crow Left of the Murder since the day it was released.  Today I realized that it's Talk Shows on Mute, not Talk Show on Mute.

theis

[youtube=425,350]UUSZwBYkJgw[/youtube]

His voice just gets better and better...

Paint Your Lips

Wow, that was quite possibly the most boring song they've ever written. What the hell was that???

theis

I quite like it. It was written for their Greatest Hits album, so yeah...no biggie. They wrote another new song called Midnight Swim. You should check that out. Hard rocking classic Incubus sound...

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 19, 2009, 09:39 AM
I quite like it. It was written for their Greatest Hits album, so yeah...no biggie. They wrote another new song called Midnight Swim. You should check that out. Hard rocking classic Incubus sound...
Well, it's better than BHI, that's for sure. But,it's still a pretty weak track, imho. I hope they get some edge again.

mr.sinister

Yeah I like Midnight Swim a lot. And this alternate version of Pantomime shits on the other version.