Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Inglourious Basterds Trailer

Started by defskull, Feb 11, 2009, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 20, 2009, 07:56 PM
it's hard to screw up the coupling of Tarantino/Pitt. I'm sure us fans will love it.
Word

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on Apr 04, 2009, 07:43 PM
is Tarantino educated enough to make a movie out of this material?
I'm sure it was never intended to be 100% historically accurate.  Don't go getting all crazy and call tarantino an anti Semitist just because he messes up some facts about killing nazis.

bright lights, big city

yeah it's Tarantino, his job is just to make movies kick ass.

that, and also look at the title. ?how meny historicly akewrate moovees purpusly spell werds rong?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Nailec

Quote from: Variable on Jun 04, 2009, 02:08 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Apr 04, 2009, 07:43 PM
is Tarantino educated enough to make a movie out of this material?
I'm sure it was never intended to be 100% historically accurate.  Don't go getting all crazy and call tarantino an anti Semitist just because he messes up some facts about killing nazis.

o come on. ok yeah the film was never intended to be even 1% accurate, i got that now :D

i somehow felt wrong about such a popular film that draws a complete different picture of the ns-history.

meanwhile i feel comfortable with a bunch of jews killing a lot of nazis :D i guess most people will love that movie because that is how they wanted the history to be. unfortunatly the truth looked different...

wither-I

revenge is far from forgiveness

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

anybody else see this yet? I saw it last night, and I enjoyed it. But I'm really biased, I've loved everything Tarantino's done. It really is the usual QT fare: lots of dialogue, tense conversations, violence, and good acting.

By no means an Oscar-caliber movie, but a fun flick to see with your buds nonetheless.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

I really wan't to.  Just wasn't possible this weekend.  Ill see it either this coming week, or this coming weekend though. 

DefCubus

I liked it, but it definitely left me wanting more. The trailers were fuckin' misleading, there was hardly any action. The dialogue is very self-indulgent, and could have been cut down a bit. I'm a fan of Taratino's work as well, but someone else needs to edit his shit now, he's fallen in love with himself. Great bad guy, what little action there was, was great, and Pitt was hilarious.

]

bright lights, big city

possible spoiler

I thought it was a good mix of action and dialogue. The only time I got a little tired of the dialog was the tavern scene, but the end of that scene was well worth it. I put this above Kill Bill (especially KB Vol 2). THAT was a movie that needed someone to trim down some of the conversations.
DERP

Deft11_17ones

Awesome movie tough I wanted to be longer and have more blood and gore in it

Nailec

going to see it nao. i will applaud for every dead nazi and it will be annoying for everyone :D

wither-I

it was a well done movie with some very intense settings. the fact that it supports and or promotes vengeful violence ruined it for me. so lets leave the "blood atonement" to the mormons as the only true chosen sons of israel

"coming into the nearness of distance"

shine down unshy

saw this movie and Lithium and I both agreed it was a superb film.  I plan on seeing it again in theaters

Nailec

Quote from: wither-I on Sep 04, 2009, 08:20 PM
it was a well done movie with some very intense settings. the fact that it supports and or promotes vengeful violence ruined it for me. so lets leave the "blood atonement" to the mormons as the only true chosen sons of israel

its a movie, not a piece of propaganda. leave it to the psychoanalytics finding out, if tarantino satisfies any deathwishs against germans.
i didnt have the impression that the basterds were drawn as heros. at last they are the "inglorious basterds". they were a special taskforce in a war that they didnt start. they safed others lifes by killing nazis. the way they did it was brutal and barbaric. it became sadistic because they had fun with it.
i could imagine that neonazis would use this movie for their antisemitic propaganda, using the film as an example of how cruel and brutal jews can be if given the chance.

and leave it to me when i had fun seeing nazis die. u would probablly understand if you lived in germany.

revenge was commited only by Shosanna Dreyfuß. but srsly, she had good reason to be revengeful.

Frederick Zoller, the guy from this nazi-movie in the movie, killed some hundreds of allies on his own. he, and all other nazi soldiers in this room would probably kill thousands more. the basterds and shosanna just made sure that this isnt going to happen. you cant say this is vengence only. it is also necessary to prevent a greater evil.

i would rate the movie 7/10 points. i also didnt like the explicit violence and i didnt like that it were two seperate stories that felt like seeing two movies. i wished to see more basterd action and i wished to see more of Shosannas personal drama.

my thoughts so far. i would love to see a bigger discussion here. but probablly i should see it a 2nd time first.

beste scene imho: Hans Landa and Shosanna Dreyfuß eating an Apfelstrudel (dunno the english term)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 08, 2009, 08:21 PM
beste scene imho: Hans Landa and Shosanna Dreyfuß eating an Apfelstrudel (dunno the english term)
gotta agree. such a tense scene (along with the bar in that basement). and it seems that he really does know exactly who she is. what a great performance.
DERP

tarkil

I love that scene in the bar in the basement... So great !!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nailec

another question that i would like to the discuss:

the basterds told that they would mark every nazi with a swastika. as i understand this, they (the basterds) would not differ between those guys that probablly just followed orders in order to survive and those nazis that showed passion and engagement for what they did.

do yu think it is right of the basterds to do so? is there a difference in the guilt of those groups. or should anyone, who cooperated with the nazi regime, be blamed for his entire life?

dictatesofreason

well being i a jew myself i sure enjoyed the movie o course....seeing Hitler get filled with lead unrealisitlcy made me laff but i think tarentino did a good job of makin the spaghettiWWII- and tha scene with the "Bear Jew" and the baseball bat, talk about visuaL!

DEATH TO NAZIS.