Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I have a date tonight

Started by pissedandpierced, Feb 19, 2009, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pissedandpierced

Ok, some of you may remember me going on about this guy who I kept seeing at gigs and never had the balls to speak to him? well I saw him on Sunday at Cannibal Corpse/Children of Bodom, chatted him up and meeting up with him tonight. I'm quite nervous and I have four hours until we meet. Do guy's get nervous about going on dates?
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Variable

yeah, sometimes even I get nervous.  Although girls do seem to freak out more than guys do about these kinds of things.  Just relax and have fun k.  Just dont try to impress him with some show of you being someone you really aren't.  Just be yourself and have a good time. There is really nothing to be nervous about.  It is either a good match or its not.  Either way it says nothing about you personally.  Good luck.

Fireal1222

if your overly nervous its gonna hurt a flowing conversation. just have fun. and dont look at it like your necessarily going to havea great time. or your only going to let yourself down.

best of luck.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

I don't even go on dates, that's how nervous they make me.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

devilinside

I'm soo glad I don't have to date anymore. The stress was horrible.

lostpilot

I haven't been in a date for a LONG time.

goldpony

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 19, 2009, 03:47 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 19, 2009, 04:15 PM

same here.

the best way to get rid of the nervousness is just to get naked and fuck on the first date :)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

defTHE1s

getting nervous is part of the process... don't worry, i use to get nervous before, but during the date something happens that makes me forget the nerves, just let it flow... (a guy is speaking, so he'll be kind of nervous imo)
good look!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

BloodyKnifePrty

I haven't been on a date in three years.  Never really asked a girl out either.

deftonekid

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 19, 2009, 03:47 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 19, 2009, 04:15 PM
+1

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 19, 2009, 05:03 PM
the best way to get rid of the nervousness is just to get naked and fuck on the first date :)
Amen.

whodunit?

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Feb 19, 2009, 02:31 PM
Ok, some of you may remember me going on about this guy who I kept seeing at gigs and never had the balls to speak to him? well I saw him on Sunday at Cannibal Corpse/Children of Bodom, chatted him up and meeting up with him tonight. I'm quite nervous and I have four hours until we meet. Do guy's get nervous about going on dates?

*keep one's fingers crossed*

bright lights, big city

i'm always nervous, at least at first.
but nudity definitely rulz.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Good luck!  The nervousness will pass, just enjoy it. 

There Will Be Blood

make sure you dont go out there with a loaded gun.... clean the pipes before you go!

deftonekid

we're trying to give advices to a chick not a guy dude...

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 19, 2009, 05:03 PM

same here.

word

I guess I'm too cocky to get nervous.  As far as I'm concerned , she is lucky to be going out with me.  And if for some reason I feel that I have peaked and that I am lucky , and I need to be on my A game.  I just sit around perplexed for a little while about how two awesome people like me and her met up and how weird it is as to how lucky the both of us are.  Either way, I always envision her being lucky to see me.  If a date goes bad for me its always her fault too.  Her loss.  Some may find this kind of thinking unattractive or a bit too elite.  But, it really does make life simpler and more enjoyable for me.  Plus I always treat a lady with tons of respect and class.  So its not like she feels the affects of such an arrogant approach to the date.  So its all good

But yeah, sex is always a great ice breaker.  Some may say that if you have sex too fast, it will ruin things.  But I counter that with, if you wait to long it ruins things.  2nd date is probably best.  With some serious touchy feely on the first.

13hourstoparadise

I eat a lot of valium and up the dose before a date -- then I don't get nervious at all...

I have an Rx, I don't abuse the drug.

Have fun, be yourself, and enjoy the night.

pissedandpierced

Thank you all for your advice. This is what happened:

He turned up, we chatted, he rested his head on my shoulder, he linked arms with me because 'his hands were cold' he walked about two miles out of his way to walk me to the bus station, I said thanks for a nice evening and he replied 'The pleasure really was all mine', he gave me a hug good bye and to let him know when I'm free to meet up again and to text him when I get home so he know's I arrived safely.

Is that a good sign?
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

lostpilot

I think it's a good sign.
He shows affection and submission to you in those little ways, so I think he will come back.. Cause a guy whose primary goal would be to sleep with you would not just hold hands or rest his head on your shoulder. He'd do something more "messagy". Good luck with him :)

whodunit?

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Feb 20, 2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you all for your advice. This is what happened:

He turned up, we chatted, he rested his head on my shoulder, he linked arms with me because 'his hands were cold' he walked about two miles out of his way to walk me to the bus station, I said thanks for a nice evening and he replied 'The pleasure really was all mine', he gave me a hug good bye and to let him know when I'm free to meet up again and to text him when I get home so he know's I arrived safely.

Is that a good sign?

+10 :)