Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

anyone one here is from london??

Started by cEvin Key, Feb 26, 2009, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cEvin Key

Hey guys!does anyone of you lives in London???

Starz

cEvin Key

cool.I've been thinking about movin there but I don't have anyone living there that could give me some info. if you could share some information and shit i would be grateful lol.like how is the town and the ambient places to hang out and all that stuff.
thanks

Starz

Town? lol. It's one huge city!  I don't really know what you mean by 'ambient places...' I think London is a great place to live. Yeah it's expensive but so is everywhere else. We're humans so we deal with it. For someone like me who's obsessed with music it is an amazing place to live. There is always something going on and every single genre imaginable is catered for.

Where abouts in London are you thinking of living? Maybe I can give you some more help then...

Law

Stay to the North of London is my advice

Starz

cEvin Key

Quote from: Starz on Feb 28, 2009, 09:50 PM
Town? lol. It's one huge city!  I don't really know what you mean by 'ambient places...' I think London is a great place to live. Yeah it's expensive but so is everywhere else. We're humans so we deal with it. For someone like me who's obsessed with music it is an amazing place to live. There is always something going on and every single genre imaginable is catered for.

Where abouts in London are you thinking of living? Maybe I can give you some more help then...

yes, city! my mistake.yes music is one of the reasons i wanna go there I'm into lots of different styles and have a very open mind.i totally need a change of lifestyle and i don't know  but i think myabe London is the place for me.thou I will only get to know once I'm there.

Quote from: Jambi on Feb 28, 2009, 10:34 PM
Stay to the North of London is my advice

isn't north the most expensive part of London???from what i heard probably south London it's the cheapest part and that's one of the things i need to have in mind at first. thou i dont know how much coast's to get a place and how to find one.

Penicks

London's such a shithole. It's like a Belgian city, only with even more gray and more rain.

Starz

London is just like every city dude, parts of it are shitholes and parts of it are less of a shitholes.

Juicy Fruit

London is very expensive. There are other UK cities you could live in that have good music scenes without so much expense. Depends on how much you can afford and what your priorities are.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

cEvin Key

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Mar 01, 2009, 01:25 AM
London is very expensive. There are other UK cities you could live in that have good music scenes without so much expense. Depends on how much you can afford and what your priorities are.

my first priority is to get out of here XD lol.

well seriously my first priority is to get a job and a place to stay. i don't know much about London but still it's the only city that I at least know something about.

pissedandpierced

I love London, it's a great city where you can do so much. It is expensive but most major cities are. There are good places to live but are very expensive such as west and Docklands and there are places to avoid moving to such as south and some parts of north. Hammersmith, Primrose Hill and Shepherds Bush would be my location of choice but are expensive. Your looking at a minimum of £600 for a 1 bed flat, plus you have council tax to pay on top. As the current economy is slowing, more people are looking to rent instead of buy which is driving rent up but in some parts of the country down.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

cEvin Key

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Mar 01, 2009, 10:05 PM
I love London, it's a great city where you can do so much. It is expensive but most major cities are. There are good places to live but are very expensive such as west and Docklands and there are places to avoid moving to such as south and some parts of north. Hammersmith, Primrose Hill and Shepherds Bush would be my location of choice but are expensive. Your looking at a minimum of £600 for a 1 bed flat, plus you have council tax to pay on top. As the current economy is slowing, more people are looking to rent instead of buy which is driving rent up but in some parts of the country down.

whats wrong with south???is it dangerous?

pissedandpierced

Yeah, there can be a lot of racial tension there, especially if you don't know the place.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

cEvin Key

meh...so when you say racial tension is there people fighting each other and stuff like that?that kinda of sucks...how is it to get jobs there??is it simple complicated??i gotta have all those things planned out before going.

Starz

Racial tension isn't just in the South, it's all over the UK! Well coming to London now might be ok if you're planning to buy a house, but seeing as no one can afford to buy houses right now everyone is renting and this means rent prices have gone up a shit load. And we are currently in a recession so finding a job maybe a tad difficult...

skooks

You'll be shit out of luck if you want to find a job here. Seriously, don't bother coming here until we're out of the recession. Everything is completely fucked here. I can't wait to leave :/
http://www.last.fm/user/skooks
http://skooks.tumblr.com/

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

13hourstoparadise

My pops is from Bedford, England (an hour south of London I believe?)... I have the option for a dual citizenship, two years into the Bush Administration I was thinking about leaving... But now I'm in beautiful weather and couldn't be happier...

cEvin Key

Hey.what's happenin?? Me and a couple of friends are going to London on the 8'th of may to spend there the weekend. do you guys have any suggestions of places we should definitely not miss, and cool places to hang? I know that a week is very limited in terms of time to see things but we wanna enjoy it the most we can!!!so far the only place people told us we should hand it's a Club named Fabric, they told us that's like the biggest club there, but I'm all opened for suggestions! if you guys could trow some that would be cool.

13hourstoparadise

Sorry, no insight here... But have a great time, I doubt you will not.