Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

anyone one here is from london??

Started by cEvin Key, Feb 26, 2009, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Law

Quote from: cEvin Key on Apr 19, 2009, 12:55 AM
Hey.what's happenin?? Me and a couple of friends are going to London on the 8'th of may to spend there the weekend. do you guys have any suggestions of places we should definitely not miss, and cool places to hang? I know that a week is very limited in terms of time to see things but we wanna enjoy it the most we can!!!so far the only place people told us we should hand it's a Club named Fabric, they told us that's like the biggest club there, but I'm all opened for suggestions! if you guys could trow some that would be cool.

Tonedef is probably your man on this, I live about 300 miles north of London but my brother used to live there. Islington Academy is cool and so is the electric ballroom, I can't remember when the rock nights are. Oh and don't miss Camden, that area of town is wicked.

Starz

Fabric is a cool club but is full of tourists and hella expensive, but then so is most of London. Fridays are usually the best nights to go but can get VERY busy so best to get there early to avoid tears.

This is a pretty good site which will tell you things that are happening in and around the time you visit... http://www.timeout.com/london/

tarkil

I thought Fabric kinda sucked.... Venue is cool, very big, and looking nice, lots of different rooms, etc.
But crowd was meh (hot girls anywhere ?!?!??), and so was the music. But hey, you can still drink yourself retarded, so it's all good...  :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

cEvin Key

It's been a few months since I've started this thread but I'm arriving in London tomorrow.  ;D

Law

Quote from: cEvin Key on Nov 11, 2009, 03:31 AM
It's been a few months since I've started this thread but I'm arriving in London tomorrow.  ;D

good man, which area you moving to?

cEvin Key

Quote from: Jambi on Nov 15, 2009, 02:56 PM

hey only saw your post now.
I'm at new cross.

by the way can you guys suggest nice places to go out at night?
I still haven't experienced the night life here.
I'm into almost any kind of music! from Hip-hop to Indie, From Electro to Metal. I'm not picky as long as it sounds good.
I'm waiting for suggestions! =)

cEvin Key

still waiting for those suggestions cuz last night I've got completely lost...

Mascara Snake

You should go to G.A.Y, I hear the people are friendly enough and they do a rather nice cocktail.

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

cEvin Key

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Nov 22, 2009, 12:07 AM
You should go to G.A.Y, I hear the people are friendly enough and they do a rather nice cocktail.

really?

Mascara Snake

Quote from: cEvin Key on Nov 22, 2009, 01:19 AM

really?

No! I Kid

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

cEvin Key

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Nov 23, 2009, 11:42 PM
Quote from: cEvin Key on Nov 22, 2009, 01:19 AM

really?

No! I Kid

hmm...that's a pity!
guess I'll have to find stuff on my own. my flatmate only told me general places like soho and camdem.
I'll just go with the flow on the descovery

Law

Quote from: cEvin Key on Nov 21, 2009, 12:59 AM
Quote from: Jambi on Nov 15, 2009, 02:56 PM

hey only saw your post now.
I'm at new cross.

by the way can you guys suggest nice places to go out at night?
I still haven't experienced the night life here.
I'm into almost any kind of music! from Hip-hop to Indie, From Electro to Metal. I'm not picky as long as it sounds good.
I'm waiting for suggestions! =)

Not really sure mate I haven't been out in London for a long time, I used to go to Electric Ballroom and Metro.

blixa

hackney is pretty good. you should've moved there.

Starz

Go onto like the whatsonlondon website, it has listings for every club with what's playing at night. it's getting really busy here in London now with people shopping and shit.

cEvin Key