Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Boulevard Nights

Started by Mimos, Feb 27, 2009, 05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mimos

Hey guys, I've been trying to find the version of Blvd Nghts with lyrics in it and can't anywhere. Could one of you kind folks point me in the right direction.

shine down unshy

It's on the self-titled Team Sleep album.

Mimos

Really? Damn. Every version I've dl'ed is the demo.

I'll try again.

DakkoN

Buy the CD.  Guaranteed to be on there.

Mimos

Hah, I did. I hopped on Amazon after Shine posted.

VictorPL

its funny youre a team sleep fan and dont even have their only official album

deepest_ocean

well i don't have it either.. you just can't own everything :P

Penicks

Thanks to the internet, you really can.

Mimos

Do you mean to tell me that you physically own at least one album from every band you're a fan of, Victor?  ;)

Livewire

but who's coming to a message board about a band if they don't have their albums?

Mimos

I do, but I've dl'ed them.

So when someone replaces a song in an album group with a demo, and on YouTube, the majority are of the demo, it can easily lead you to believe that the demo you have is actually the finished product.

goldpony

Quote from: Mimos on Feb 27, 2009, 07:27 PM
Do you mean to tell me that you physically own at least one album from every band you're a fan of, Victor?  ;)

I dont know about Victor, but thats true for me and a lot of other users on the site. we're old school like that. plus, we like to actually SUPPORT the bands we like, what a crazy concept :)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Mimos

Buying merchandise isn't the only form of support that you can show for a band. Times have changed now and, in a sense, are much more old school than you realize. No longer are retail outlets the only means of obtaining music and record sales have slumped accordingly. Bands now have to make a lot of their money the old fashioned way, by touring. I show support by seeing them when they come to town.

Livewire

Quote from: Mimos on Feb 27, 2009, 09:48 PM
I do, but I've dl'ed them.

So when someone replaces a song in an album group with a demo, and on YouTube, the majority are of the demo, it can easily lead you to believe that the demo you have is actually the finished product.

What I meant was actually purchasing the album (physical cd or digital download).  Yeah I've downloaded a couple of albums, but if I'm not gonna spend the money for the actual album then I'm probably not going to waste time talking about the artist on a message board.

Mimos

Well that's where we disagree; I don't think it's necessary to make a purchase as a qualification, or to lend enough validation to my assumed title of "fan", in order for me to feel I'm not wasting my time asking a question on a message board.

VictorPL

i didnt mean owning the actual album but this guy obviously didnt even download it since he never heard the official version of Boulevard Nights.  its just weird that being a fan of team sleep, he didnt even hear their only real album.

Mimos

It's just weird how your reading comprehension skills are painfully sub-par.

Ahem,

Quote from: Mimos on Feb 27, 2009, 09:48 PM

I can't be held liable for people swapping-out tracks in their music collection.

unfamed

You can be held liable for not purchasing the album. This is a place where fans of Team Sleep talk about their thoughts on the band and the music. I'm not saying that you have to had purchased the album to come here, I just think, and I'm sure it was unintentional, that it was a bit insulting to some of the members who have been into the band for the last almost ten years.

As for those of you saying that buying the record doesn't support the band by saying that they don't make money off it are missing the point, if a band sells records, the label is more likely to spend money of another record, promotions, dvds, and other things that we would all like to see more of.
never odd or even

Mimos

That sir, is the first reasonably stated position I've read, yet. Point taken, well said.

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt