Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Terminator 4 Salvation

Started by Deftones-88-05-Deftones, Mar 03, 2009, 07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

defskull

Not interested.  I haven't been interested.  The teaser trailer had a fun play on the theme song, but without Cameron I'm not interested.  He created the universe and without him directing, writing, and/or producing it, I really don't care about it.  I absolutely love the James Cameron Terminator movies.  It's a very interesting universe and if he were to be a part of it again I'd be there in a heartbeat. 

In a nutshell: I wont be seeing this movie.

Jacob

I don't get it, the first two Terminator movies were nothing more than dumb action movies. they didn't offer much depth or much of an interesting backstory. if anything, the Terminator "universe" has been created after the movies were created with input from other people than Cameron.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

skooks

Well, I'm super excited about it. I fucking love the Terminator franchise, it's immense.
http://www.last.fm/user/skooks
http://skooks.tumblr.com/

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

theis

Holy motherfucking shit.

This looks fucking amazing. I actually got chills from that trailer. Wow, how can you not be excited about this?
The scene where Bale asks Marcus ; " You think you're human" "Yes" Then unties the chains so he can look down and see his cyborg skeleton... damn, awesome.
It looks exactly like it should... I love the first two Terminator movies, didn't really care for the third, except the badass ending.

This is the Terminator movie I've been waiting for.

Now, all it needs is the R rating. For fucks sake, PLEASE make it R.

So stoked about this.

shine down unshy

Yeah that part gave me goose bumps.  I liked this trailer better.

bright lights, big city

yes, suddenly i am excited for this movie.

i just never thought McG could do anything decent. hope i'm wrong now, though.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

looks super cool.

maybe too cool....

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Jacob

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 03, 2009, 11:24 AM
Now, all it needs is the R rating. For fucks sake, PLEASE make it R.

not gonna happen. I'm starting to think the R rating doesn't even exist anymore.

bright lights, big city

movies just make so much more money when they are PG-13. and sadly i think that R rating DOES make a lot of movies that much better.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

this looks great! i love the first two terminator movies. i heard of an arnold cameo. any truth to that?

edit: to answer my own question. i looked it up and there is goning to be a body double and they are going to cgi the face to look like arnold and he is going to do a voice over. that kinda weird but i guess he is to old to be t-800 still. mcg said they are going to make him look lik circa '84 arnold.

alvarezbassist17

i bet McG got the job based on his video for got the life haha

bright lights, big city

rumor has it that this movie's sequel (T5) will have both Arnold and Robert Patrick. THAT would be fuckin amazing.
DERP

whodunit?

trailers always look impressive. we'll wait, we'll see.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 03, 2009, 09:37 AM
I don't get it, the first two Terminator movies were nothing more than dumb action movies. they didn't offer much depth or much of an interesting backstory. if anything, the Terminator "universe" has been created after the movies were created with input from other people than Cameron.

I don't think of the first movie being intended as an action movie. I think it was more intended as like a suspense/horror thing. It's not particularly scary, but if you think about it in a mid-80s point of view it's fucking terrifying.

Jacob

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Mar 16, 2009, 09:23 AM

I don't think of the first movie being intended as an action movie. I think it was more intended as like a suspense/horror thing. It's not particularly scary, but if you think about it in a mid-80s point of view it's fucking terrifying.

true, true.. but my point still stands.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 16, 2009, 10:00 AM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Mar 16, 2009, 09:23 AM

true, true.. but my point still stands.

What WAS your point?

On topic: Saw the trailer yesterday when I saw Watchmen again and Christian Bale would be a kickass John Connor. I am glad that Arnold won't be in it. He's old and saggy. He can't be an action hero anymore. It didn't even work in T3. I wonder if there will be any T-1000s in this movie. Those guys are awesome.

ben

I like how everyone hates on McG but he hasn't even done anything except for a few music videos and a football movie while being the producer of a hit teen show.  The guy knows what people like, and he spoke to Cameron personally.

Who cares if it's R, just as long as the story is good.

Also it will have an opening monologue by Linda Hamilton. 

bright lights, big city

i believe he did the charlie's angels movies. that was how i had heard of him.
DERP

whodunit?

he did early KoRn videos.