Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Terminator 4 Salvation

Started by Deftones-88-05-Deftones, Mar 03, 2009, 07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

bright lights, big city

haha yikes, 36%! But just like I mentioned in the Inglourious Basterds thread, I'm seeing this thing ASAP. It's not like a Tarantino/Pitt killer combo, it's McG/Bale. But when Christian Bale is the star he has never made a bad movie in my opinion (Reign of Fire is the only thing coming to mind that sucked, but he wasn't the star of that).

And wasn't T3 getting panned by critics too? I know it was nowhere near T2, but I still thought T3 was a real pleasant surprise that summer.

EDIT: turns out T3 is at 70% on rottentomatoes. that ain't too bad actually.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on May 20, 2009, 08:03 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_3_rise_of_the_machines/

For perspective's sake....yikes. 

hahaha I JUST edited my post, I looked it up too.

70% is pretty good I think for an action movie on RT
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

The only thing that was good about the previews when I saw them at the movies a while back was that they played The Day the World Went Away. haha

theis

Fuck the critics. I'm still looking forward to this.

Anyone seen it yet?

wither-I

im going to see it in a few hours, ill def give a review

"coming into the nearness of distance"

defskull

My friend really wants me to go but I really don't want to.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: wither-I on May 21, 2009, 12:05 AM
im going to see it in a few hours, ill def give a review
good dude. i'll probably go friday.
DERP

wither-I

im sorry to bring the bad news. but this movie was really really bad. i could sit here and dog on it in a rant about the many atrocities, but i will spare you the words. do anything BUT see this movie. though i do understand it is a "must" for many fans, just as it was for myself. to be honest i felt like leaving an hour into it but i had to wait through... it's terminator man... but this is a shame to the name

theis

that's hardly a review.

why is it bad?

wither-I

acting; horrible. Bale realllllyyyy sucked. "arrrgggh look at me and how manly i am! arrrggghhhh!"
script; horrible. i LOL'D the ENTIRE movie
cinematography; just ok. nothiing worth talking about.
action; too much and COMPLETELY unrealistic in any fashion of the word.
plot; nonsensical there was actually NOTHING TO IT. not even much rehashing of the old. just tidbits, like they "had" to or something..

overall ill give this a 2/10 for sheer effort in making some pretty decent action scenes. barely though, -most of them were just dumb -founded on shitastic acting, and impossible predicaments. just poorly executed

defskull

Quote from: wither-I on May 21, 2009, 07:30 AM
im sorry to bring the bad news. but this movie was really really bad. i could sit here and dog on it in a rant about the many atrocities, but i will spare you the words. do anything BUT see this movie. though i do understand it is a "must" for many fans, just as it was for myself. to be honest i felt like leaving an hour into it but i had to wait through... it's terminator man... but this is a shame to the name

Did you not see this based on the previews?

shine down unshy

Reviews = opinions.  i say see it for yourself. 

theis

defskull

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 21, 2009, 10:16 PM

Assuming you wanted to see it in the first place.  I absolutely love James Cameron's Terminator movies.  And the ending of the third one was pretty good too.  But I'm tired of everyone treating the Terminator name as a whore to sell tickets.  I'd be more interested in this movie if it wasn't a Terminator movie.  And a better director.  And better story line.  Hmmm...

Whatever.  Drag Me To Hell and Up come out next weekend.  Cannot wait for those.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on May 22, 2009, 01:53 AM
Whatever.  Drag Me To Hell and Up come out next weekend.  Cannot wait for those.
haha yup. definitely looking forward to those too.
DERP

wither-I

completely agree. thats why i went and saw it. its terminator, -there's no way i would just say fuck it and not watch it just based on reviews... even if they were all bad.

thats why i didnt wanna rant. you gotta figure it for yourself.

devlin

Quote from: defskull on May 22, 2009, 01:53 AM

Assuming you wanted to see it in the first place.  I absolutely love James Cameron's Terminator movies.  And the ending of the third one was pretty good too.  But I'm tired of everyone treating the Terminator name as a whore to sell tickets.  I'd be more interested in this movie if it wasn't a Terminator movie.  And a better director.  And better story line.  Hmmm...

drag me to hell looked good until i saw it was pg-13 i'm tired of movies being dumbed down and softened to reach a bigger market and sell more tickets. horror movies should be rated r damn it!

bright lights, big city

ok i saw it. and the reviews are pretty spot on. it is a very good action movie, and in that sense i enjoyed it. cinematography was even good. but yes, definitely not one of Bale's better roles, and McG's plot and script were basically garbage.

better than Angels/Demons. way worse than Star Trek.
DERP