Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Public Enemies

Started by Deftones-88-05-Deftones, Mar 05, 2009, 04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

surprisingly, this has been getting some mediocre reviews. but the fact that it's still Mann, Depp, Bale, Marion Cotillard(fucking gorgeous), and Billy Crudup as J Edgar Hoover has me craving this. it's GOTTA be at least above average, right?

plus, I was dragged to Transformers 2 last week, so I need something fast to get the shitty aftertaste of that so-called "movie" out of my mouth.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

yeah i wanna see this.. NOW

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lithium

i heard this movie drags, and builds up to nothing.. really dissapointed
💩

wither-I

dude, it does drag. i hate ever doing it, - but i walked out of this movie.. it was fucking laaame

ben

why would you walk out of a movie that you paid for?  That's basically you being owned, not you owning the film.

bright lights, big city

yeah man for real. transformers 1 and 2 both blew ass, but i stuck threw it (somehow).

and i remember wanting to walk out of the Fog remake after 3 minutes because fall out boy started playing after the opening scene. you pay $10, you gotta stay the whole time.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

I went to the movie yesterday...and yea wither you probably should have stayed because the first 30 minutes drags but soon after the narrative comes more into focus and the characters become more developed.

My biggest problem with the film were just all the similarities to Heat.  Besides that, I liked the theme of glorified legends who do terrible things VS. less-heralded and somewhat brutal people trying to do good things.

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Jul 07, 2009, 09:12 PM
why would you walk out of a movie that you paid for?  That's basically you being owned, not you owning the film.

because, it sucked and i actually stayed for just over an hour into the movie, and it still sucked. it was a midnight showing too, so me and my friend rachel decided it was best to leave due to the movie sucking. do i really need to explain myself . im sooo tired of shitty  movies....

and i def felt embarassed for christian bale! wowwwww he sucks. american psycho and the machinist were awesome but he just sucks at his over glorified job... and i felt bad for depp too. this movie looks like it was throw n together in 2 months. sad really

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 08, 2009, 05:21 AM
yeah man for real. transformers 1 and 2 both blew ass, but i stuck threw it (somehow).

and i remember wanting to walk out of the Fog remake after 3 minutes because fall out boy started playing after the opening scene. you pay $10, you gotta stay the whole time.

lol @ Fog remake

I'm so split on seeing this with all of the mixed reviews.  Good actors but poor roles?

ben

While I strongly, abhorrently disagree with your statement about the film looking like it was thrown together...I will respect your opinion and know how someone could detest the film.

lithium

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jul 09, 2009, 05:21 PM

lol @ Fog remake

I'm so split on seeing this with all of the mixed reviews.  Good actors but poor roles?
the movie isn't that good, to say the least. My advice, go watch "Moon", great film.
💩

shine down unshy

I thought this movie was gonna be good..but you guys are saying it sucks.  Still, I'm going to give it a chance.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lithium on Jul 09, 2009, 10:00 PM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jul 09, 2009, 05:21 PM

lol @ Fog remake

the movie isn't that good, to say the least. My advice, go watch "Moon", great film.
seeing that this weekend. reeeaaaally looking forward to it. good to see someone else even knows it exists!
DERP

theis

Can't fucking wait to see Moon!

rock_n_frost

this sunday i m gonna watch,  my friend said dont miss that one
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

lithium

sam rockwell gives a stellar performance.
💩

Mikey

moon is pretty badass. Duncan Jones is going places. i will definitely keep my eye out for him in the future.

oh, yeah, sam rockwell was phenomenal. 

wither-I

Variable

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 09, 2009, 04:33 PM
Quote from: ben on Jul 07, 2009, 09:12 PM

because, it sucked and i actually stayed for just over an hour into the movie, and it still sucked. it was a midnight showing too, so me and my friend rachel decided it was best to leave due to the movie sucking. do i really need to explain myself . im sooo tired of shitty  movies....

and i def felt embarassed for christian bale! wowwwww he sucks. american psycho and the machinist were awesome but he just sucks at his over glorified job... and i felt bad for depp too. this movie looks like it was throw n together in 2 months. sad really
I couldn't agree more that bale is ridiculously over rated.  I have no idea how he got so big in the first place.  Batman I guess.  He does have those couple good movies like you said.  But he just walked into natural roles I guess.  As far as being an actual good actor , fuck no.  Every time I see that he is in a film it makes me not want to see it. 

theis

Not a good actor?

American Psycho, The Machinist, Rescue Dawn.

Watch those movies and tell me he's not a great actor.