Bohren & der Dlub of Gore
Laura
Demians
Colour Revolt
Natasha Khan
Minus the Bear
Redjetson
Bluetech

Yeah, so I'm still partly on page 2 of the thread hehe. But I shall catch up probably during the summer. And in that order too this time! But I do still have my new albums to check out from my favorite bands -list which has gone down to 13 bands, although the number pretty much stays the same as new bands come in while some are checked out. So not sure when I'm done with the list above. But it's great to have lots of bands to check out which are at least supposed to be somewhat great.

I shall also present some new bands, of which some come from my 0-vote Draft top 10 -list, so don't expect much of them I guess hehe. Nah, they'll be cool for some I'm sure.

Starz

This is my own upload and is highly recommended. Down-tempo, ambient type music. 'A Mission To Prague' is a great song.

Arms And Sleepers - Black Paris 86

QuoteArms & Sleepers began one night in the back of an ambulance in Cambridge, MA.  In an alleyway a man was bleeding with a cassette player in hand, the play button still on.  What sounded like recordings of a gospel choir blared from the tin speaker, while down the street a jazz band could be heard.  The man was dying.  He dropped the cassette player on the cement and closed his eyes, the sound carrying through the air into his ears for one last time.  Though this moment in time died with him, his cassette lived on — and Arms & Sleepers was born. 

Through Arms & Sleepers, Max Lewis (programming, keyboards) and Mirza Ramic (bass, keyboards) keep spirit and the music of that night alive.  Utilizing electronic sources as the main focus in their compositions, the two create warm tides of sound set atop ambient undercurrents. Varying configurations of rich, brassy textures, choppy beats and ethereal vocals yield an engaging, subterranean pulse driven by amorphous low-end frequencies. Overall the sound matches the intentional tragic tale.  The duo's live performance is combined with visuals by talented Boston artist Dado Ramadani.  The visuals are subjectively selected and synchronized perfectly with the rhythm of each song, providing the audience with a complete audio and visual experience.

Persistent international touring and constant dissemination of their sounds makes Arms & Sleepers a worthy opponent for the typical temporal constraints that can befall a band.  Having issued a series of limited edition releases and the well-received Bliss Was it in That Dawn to be Alive EP (Fake Chapter) in 2007, Black Paris '86 is their debut full-length on Expect Candy Records (DE).  A tight and intense record, listening to it feels like sitting in a cinema, watching landscapes, beauty and tragedy - feeling warm and safe while a hint of mystery seems to whisper that not everything is ok out there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UOPZ06FY

lostpilot

Starz

Hmmm you may like it man, I hope you do.

Starz

Starz

Suffocate for Fuck Sake – Blazing Fires and Helicopters on the Frontpage of the Newspaper. There's a War Going On and I'm Marching in Heavy Boots [2008]

1. Blue Lights and Sunshine       
2. I Got Worried...I Was So Freaking Scared of That Window, You Know       
3. We Are Driving Through Darkness       
4. Twenty-Six and Full of Plans   
5. A Japanese Flag   
6. I Keep My Eyes on the Ground, Afraid of Meeting Someone I Know       
7. Empty       
8. They Try to Cheer Me Up By Saying I Did Once Live a Functioning Life   

QuoteA unique and stunning work that I must liken to the epic scope of Godspeed You! Black Emperor and emotional intensity of Envy, this must be heard by anyone that has an appreciation for either of those bands and/or the genres that they have mastered and sit atop. This is a concept album that follows a Swedish girl reflecting back on her time in a mental institution with help from her mother, a friend, and a doctor. The story is handled by spoken word from all three characters, as well as clean and screamed vocals.

There is nothing pretentious or gimmicky about what this band has done here, though some will (and already have) label it as such. If making an attempt to create something true and original is 'pretentious' to you, I'd suggest giving up on music altogether. Because the band are in fact from Sweden, the aforementioned spoken word parts are in Swedish. If you find yourself enjoying the album but frustrated by the fact that you do not understand the language, you could always order the album; a silly idea, I know! The band put a full English translation in the booklet.

If sixty-seven minutes of crushing, glimmering beauty sounds like something you'd enjoy, go ahead and find this album as soon as possible. If you cannot find it, I would be happy to send it to you via digital format. A band like this deserves some goddamn recognition.

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?xzdzwxwmnlt
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?sjeokyeclwj    

lostpilot

the post above, obviously, interested me.
will download tomorrow

bright lights, big city

hey whoa whoa there, Starz, slow down. haha this is too much music (i really shouldn't complain  :)) i checked out that Arms & Sleepers and really liked it. so much that i found http://www.thesirenssound.com/2009/04/20/arms-and-sleepers-black-paris-86/ wasnt sure if you or lostpilot knew about it. they have a fair amount of material released, I can't wait to DL some more later.

now i gotta check this Suffocate For Fuck Sake out...
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Starz

Yeah I uploaded the Arms And Sleepers myself. It's a much better quality than the one that's floating around the internet. Glad you enjoy it

theis

Codeseven - Dancing Echoes/Dead Sounds

http://www.mediafire.com/?czvzytegz5d

Don't know if any of you are familiar with this band, but if you like Dredg, Kaddisfly, etc, you should definitely dig this. Great album.

theis

wither-I

thatnks ill try out that reverent fear!

also, the band actors ad actresses that zevaka put up in the "it leaked" thread is really awesome i highly recommend checking it out for those into appleseed cast, shoegazey sort of music

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Starz

Yeah if you like Codeseven you will like that Actors & Actresses album.

wither-I

im fucking addicted, its such a rad album

lostpilot

I'm not sure whether or not this band is unknown, but I found it just today and I'm loving the sound of it. For the fans of indie-crafts-arts thing, I mean Do Make Say Think, Broken Social Scene and those kinds

The Most Serene Republic - Population (2007)

ARTiST: The Most Serene Republic
TiTLE: Population
LABEL: Arts & Crafts
GENRE: Indie
TiME: 53:59 min
SiZE: 79,8 MB
BiTRATE: VBRkbps
RELEASE DATE: Oct-02-2007

Track List:

01. Humble Peasants 03:23
02. Compliance 04:14
03. The Men Who Live Upstairs 04:32
04. Present Of Future End 05:25
05. A Mix Of Sun And Cloud 03:50
06. Battle Hymn Of The Republic 03:27
07. Why So Looking Back 04:47
08. Sherry And Her Butterfly Net 05:11
09. Agenbite Of Inwit 02:06
10. Career In Shaping Clay 04:04
11. Solipsism Millionaires 04:47
12. Mulitplication Desks 05:00
13. Neurasthenia 03:13

Links:
http://rapidshare.com/files/53648366/tmsr.zip

wither-I

yeah ive got this album its pretty awesome!!!

Starz

Rapidshare not working for anyone else today as well?

lostpilot

lads, I decided to share some of my discovieries with you I made this half o year

link:

http://www.last.fm/user/boredmx/journal

just basically the music I found this year

enjoy :)

An bád dubh

Quote from: lostpilot on Aug 27, 2009, 10:14 PM
lads, I decided to share some of my discovieries with you I made this half o year

link:

http://www.last.fm/user/boredmx/journal

just basically the music I found this year

enjoy :)
Great, I shall check that out when I get more time to check out new music during winter.