Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Great Unknown Bands -thread

Started by An bád dubh, Mar 19, 2009, 10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Insomniac Doze. That album is brilliant.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

GRAVEYARD - Hisingen Blues

New album out March 25th.

Also, check out their Selftitled album. It's incredible.

Finally a band that can pull off the 70's Sabbath/Zeppelin sound without sounding like rip-offs.

people_r_fake529

I would have to say my favorite, most unknown band,is "FLAW"

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Starz

Yeah you're seriously stuck in the days of nu-metal

theis

And she's 36 years old. loooooool.

people_r_fake529

Quote from: Starz on Apr 01, 2011, 08:07 PM
yeah, I am so what.  I fucking love "nu-metal" if we all want to start sticking music into stupid fucking genres.   I am proud to say I will always love "Nu-Metal" and I am a huge fan of "Nu Metal."  and what does my age matter? You all are fucking retards. 

E-Money

bright lights, big city

DERP

lostpilot

okay, this lady is becoming quite entertaining

people_r_fake529, a question - you are probably a hardcore Twilight fan?

Corleone

Quote from: people_r_fake529 on Apr 04, 2011, 05:34 AM
Quote from: Starz on Apr 01, 2011, 08:07 PM
yeah, I am so what.  I fucking love "nu-metal" if we all want to start sticking music into stupid fucking genres.   I am proud to say I will always love "Nu-Metal" and I am a huge fan of "Nu Metal."  and what does my age matter? You all are fucking retards. 

thanks god she left or got banned, can't stand seeing that stupid fucking fred durst icon.

Menos el Oso

Starz

Sounds like The Music meets Kasabian. Do not like.

Menos el Oso

These guys are from Austin, TX. Their music is influenced by bands like Muse/Depeche Mode.
Sounds Under Radio - Effigy

Deadradio

On tour with Long Distance Calling and Amplifier.

Particle | Nihiling

lukas989

I have no idea why I havent posted something about Miocene before now, but anyway - one of the most criminally overlooked bands I know.  I still dont understand why they werent bigger.  theyre cds are a fucking nightmare to get hold of for a reasonable price....it doesnt make any sense.  Heres 'The Fall' off of their swansong:

Miocene - The Fall

Starz

I saw Miocene live and was lucky enough to get hold of a copy of "A Perfect Life with a View of the Swamp" when it first came out on CD. i asked the guy in my local record store to reserve me a copy and he was like "shit, that band are still going?!" I agree that they should have been bigger. the drummer is so good

lukas989

I caught on slightly late by accident (randomly gained a copy of Refining the Theory from a buddy, amongst a bunch he gave me in return for a bunch I gave him) just around the time they split.  I then went on a mission to find their other stuff...and came to the conclusion their record company fucked them big time support-wise.  Stupid assholes...didnt realise what they had.

lostpilot