Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

DEFTONES To Guest On 'Loveline

Started by beLIEve, Mar 24, 2009, 12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beLIEve

Sacramento's DEFTONES will be the featured guests on this Wednesday's (March 25) edition of the nationally syndicated "Loveline" radio show with hosts Stryker and Dr. Drew Pinsky.

For more information, visit LovelineShow.com.

DEFTONES will be joined by bassist Sergio Vega (ex-QUICKSAND) for the band's April 5 appearance at the Bamboozle Left festival at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, California.

DEFTONES bassist Chi Cheng remains in a coma following a November car accident. He was gravely injured in a November 3 car crash in northern California and has not regained consciousness since.

The band said in an early February 2009 statement: "With the announcement of our appearance on Bamboozle, we felt like its time to address some things. First, Chi. Our fallen comrade has not made significant progress as of late, but continues to fight on from his accident. Doctors are working feverishly to return our brother to us, and we continue to hold out hope and faith that Chi returns to the life he has waiting for him and can join us on stage once again.

"For everyone that knows Chi, knows that he never wanted down time. Chi always wanted to keep working and never slow down, which is why we feel confident in returning to the stage at Bamboozle in April. Chi would want it, and we want to make sure we're keeping his legacy alive.

"Back in 1999, Chi had to leave the band for a brief moment and our close friend Sergio Vega filled in to keep the train moving. 10 years later, Sergio is going to step in once again while Chi is down. Sergio is family to us, and had received Chi's blessing before, so without a doubt we know that if Chi could tell us now, he would give us his blessing again.

"In the meantime, we continue work on our record, and as for Bamboozle, we felt like we needed to poke our heads up for a quick breath before we buckle down and get this record finished... So we'll see you all in Irvine."

Cheng is 38 years old and is a poet as well as a musician. He released a CD of his poetry called "The Bamboo Parachute" in 2000.

Cheng has been a member of DEFTONES since its formation in 1988. The band released its debut disc, "Adrenaline", in 1995 and scored a platinum record with 2000's "White Pony".

TheWatcher

ill be sure to tune in

hope there will news about chi

Hidalgo

we been gettin plenty of news about Chi lately. i'm sure they'll talk about him though

Martin

Hope to hear that somewhere down the line.

Inkblades

Will this be streaming on the net?

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

defTHE1s

Quote from: Timmy666 on Mar 24, 2009, 12:24 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 24, 2009, 08:38 AM
Will this be streaming on the net?
If so.. where?
And if someone can, please get this and share then!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

13hourstoparadise

Yes it will be streamed live, try 1077 the end (seattle) radio station/website for live stream. Loveline takes callers, screeners will ask you questions as to why you need to ask a question, make sure to not use profanity or you will be cut off.

TheWatcher

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Hidalgo

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Mar 24, 2009, 12:33 PM
Do they do phone in's?
they've been known to phone it in from time to time

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

pixElsblUr

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Inkblades

It's gonna be good to hear from them, but Chi is always the best part of the interviews. He's a naturally witty/hilarious person.

wither-I

yeah no doubt, he's very intelligent and convicted.

abe is funny too though i think, everytiime he says something i crack up!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

defTHE1s

yeah... both band members make me laugh a lot in interviews...

i'm afraid that i would'nt be able to hear that interview... anyone is goin' to rip that and share with the rest? please! it would be awesome! thanks!

TheWatcher

i hope someone rip this show 2night