Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

DEFTONES To Guest On 'Loveline

Started by beLIEve, Mar 24, 2009, 12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixElsblUr

I ripped it, here you go, havent hear the entire interview yet but I do know that the deftones didn't walk into the studio till 30-35 minutes into this recording, it totally sucked when chino got cut off in mid-sentence talking bout chi, but ohh well...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0csjtp

There Will Be Blood

damn it thanks anyway...... I'm cut off by the krock ads so I cant hear myself

defTHE1s

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Mar 26, 2009, 12:54 PM
I ripped it, here you go, havent hear the entire interview yet but I do know that the deftones didn't walk into the studio till 30-35 minutes into this recording, it totally sucked when chino got cut off in mid-sentence talking bout chi, but ohh well...

thanks man for sharing it,... hope it' not crap!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

mr.sinister

Me and my wife were listening to the program off our radio and we only got about 3 commercial breaks even though they lasted about 5 minutes each. I loled when Abe said "do Asian girls have diagonal vaginas?"  it's cool they also played bqad on the radio.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: wither-I on Mar 26, 2009, 07:04 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 26, 2009, 06:38 AM
They left already, what a fucking gay show... I waited all fucking day for this shit!!!
i know im actually pretty pissed.
ive been stalled on any other creative ambition for the whole day, clouded up, just wondering what will be said and heard, and revealed to me...
i expected so much more. more album description and talk. talking about the sound of the songs. they lacked any true emotional effort to explaining themselves and their current situation with life and the band.

but nothing really, just some thin responses to transparent questions.
fuck, striker is a dumbass i never want to hear his voice again. what a waste... :(

they need to get off their asses and BLOG! and keep us interested in them ... cause im sure slipping more than ever, i barely even listen to their songs...

I agree 100%...

Little things like the B-sides CD where only Chi gives thanks to the fans... They have such a huge following of die hard deftones fans I feel they should embrace that a little more... I guess that's just the rock star attitude... I enjoy Chino's company only when he is with Team Sleep, Frank and Abe have been chill -- I've never met Chi unfortunatly... Stef is kind of a prick IMHO.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 26, 2009, 07:40 PM
Stef is kind of a prick IMHO.

do you know him or have you just met him? everyone can have a bad day. i dont think u are glad friendly and cheerful everyday in school job or whatever. i dont think u like to be judged by one hour or so

defTHE1s

yeah, you're right... everyone can be a prick or worse for an hour or more in his life..
i don't think Stef is a prick, he is a cool guy, though i've never met anyone of the band personally, but compared to other rockstars or musicians, he's definitely not a prick.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Nebontha

Quoteripped it, here you go, havent hear the entire interview yet but I do know that the deftones didn't walk into the studio till 30-35 minutes into this recording, it totally sucked when chino got cut off in mid-sentence talking bout chi, but ohh well...

I downloaded it, but I think I might delete it without listening to it, considering what I've read about it in this thread. Fuck sakes this file is over 80 megabytes? Shit's not even worth it, bitches
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

jesusinabowlofdirt

yeah and 70 megabytes are commercials

Nebontha

that's fucking ridiculous dude! I now hate KROQ, well, not that I really "liked" it in the first place, but still...
I feel ripped off, even tho I didn't pay anything  ??? :-\ lol
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

lostpilot

Quote from: wither-I on Mar 26, 2009, 07:04 AM
they need to get off their asses and BLOG! and keep us interested in them ... cause im sure slipping more than ever, i barely even listen to their songs...

same thought here.

buddyboy101

Bro, you're the only person I've heard say that.  Stef's got a heart of gold.  You must have caught him in a rare moment...

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 26, 2009, 08:03 PM

do you know him or have you just met him? everyone can have a bad day. i dont think u are glad friendly and cheerful everyday in school job or whatever. i dont think u like to be judged by one hour or so

That's why I said in my opinion... The few times I met him he was just kind of rude to everyone around... Granted I'm sure he wanted to relax, but it was each time... However a friend in San Jose served him and Chino, Chino called me from her phone and we spoke for a minute about the Taste of Choas show that night, Stef and Chino signed the receipt, Stef added his signature stoner smilely face with a joint in his mouth and Chino added his star... That was cool of my friend...

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Mar 26, 2009, 10:17 PM

Bro, you're the only person I've heard say that.  Stef's got a heart of gold.  You must have caught him in a rare moment...

I guess I need to expand, the second time we met was in Seattle, I was giving out stickers n' crap for street wise so I was having drinks backstage with Abe and Juan. Chino and Stef were coming back and fourth. Next thing I know that fat bald deftones fucking asshole bouncer grabbed me and kicked me out. I got into a fight with him, Juan came running down the stairs to break it up and all Stef saw was me inraged with that dumb fuck bouncer because he thought I snuck backstage... So in Stef's perspective I assume he got the wrong idea of me...

Sam Cassel

When we haven't heard from the Deftones in a while, I wish they would've done something other than Loveline. It isn't exactly the best place to discuss music or whatever. I've been waiting for this sucker for years, and they're on this show talking about prostates. They're buddies with the hosts, so they just showed up and hung out, but I'd like to hear them have a serious music interview.

I do think its encouraging that they're still putting songs together after they felt like they finished it last year. To me that means its gonna be a much more complete record. It would've been out sooner, but if they're writing more then the delays have more of a purpose.

Hidalgo

he was cool as hell to me & my friends. he talked/hung out with with us for hours

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 26, 2009, 11:16 PM

I guess I need to expand, the second time we met was in Seattle, I was giving out stickers n' crap for street wise so I was having drinks backstage with Abe and Juan. Chino and Stef were coming back and fourth. Next thing I know that fat bald deftones fucking asshole bouncer grabbed me and kicked me out. I got into a fight with him, Juan came running down the stairs to break it up and all Stef saw was me inraged with that dumb fuck bouncer because he thought I snuck backstage... So in Stef's perspective I assume he got the wrong idea of me...

it seems to me that you dont know him, only met the him or been around him couple of times. maybe the people around him deserved to be treated that way

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Sam Cassel on Mar 27, 2009, 04:38 AM
I do think its encouraging that they're still putting songs together after they felt like they finished it last year. To me that means its gonna be a much more complete record.

or a double record  :D

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 27, 2009, 07:28 PM
I do think its encouraging that they're still putting songs together after they felt like they finished it last year. To me that means its gonna be a much more complete record.

That would be the shit!!!

Sam Cassel

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 27, 2009, 09:18 PM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 27, 2009, 07:28 PM

That would be the shit!!!

TRIPLE RECORD, packaged with a coupon for a gourmet steak dinner!