Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Lollapalooza 2009

Started by Gherde, Mar 24, 2009, 03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gherde

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/chi-tc-enter-factime-lolla-0323mar23,0,6438758.story

QuoteThe Killers, Tool: Lollapalooza headliners

—Greg Kot
    March 23, 2009

The Killers and Tool[/b ]are expected to fill out the headlining slots for the fifth annual Lollapalooza festival Aug. 7-9 in Grant Park.

Multiple industry sources confirmed over the weekend at the South by Southwest Music Conference in Austin, Texas, that the two bands will join headliners the Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode and Jane's Addiction, plus Kings of Leon.

The Decemberists are also expected to play Lollapalooza, though it's unclear if they will be able to perform their new concept album, "The Hazards of Love," in its entirety with additional singers as they did at South by Southwest.

Also confirmed for the festival is Lou Reed, who has been asked to play a late afternoon/early evening showcase slot that will likely be a greatest-hits set with a core band built around longtime bassist Fernando Saunders. Reed was reportedly impressed by the reception accorded a similarly revered veteran act, the Stooges, when they played a comparable slot at the festival two years ago.

Is it possible? Think it's too soon for Tool

bright lights, big city

TOOL would be nice. But my dad and I have realized over the last 10-15 years that anything Greg Kot reviews or reports is usually either utterly false or completely insane (in a bad way).
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Quote from: Gherde on Mar 24, 2009, 03:50 PM

Is it possible? Think it's too soon for Tool

Whys that? They did Coachella the year before last wasn't it?

Gherde

Sure, but Maynard said he was going to work on APC this year, all this sounds strange to me. Anyway my only wish is to change the old set-list, on 2007 i saw them 3 times and it was almost the same  ???

lithium

tool is touring this summer!!
💩

devilinside

TheWatcher

lithium

💩

TheWatcher

where does this take place?

lithium

💩

TheWatcher

lithium

well i'd hope you didnt walk there
💩

TheWatcher

lithium

but don't worry, we wont be going to voodoo either..
💩

TheWatcher

Quote from: lithium on Mar 26, 2009, 02:02 AM
but don't worry, we wont be going to voodoo either..
dang.

devilinside

What's with all this WE shit??

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?