Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eastwood

Started by bright lights, big city, Mar 24, 2009, 09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

....another director thread...

ok I have to admit I enjoyed Space Cowboys, and seriously the guy is on a roll for this whole decade. I can now say I've seen all his movies at least going back to about the mid-90s, and holy shit every single one has been good.

This is all stemming to today, I just saw Changeling. There was a reason I didn't see it in theaters, because Gran Torino looked sooo badass (it was) so I said "f this changeling probably won't be any good". Then it got some positive reviews and oscar noms, and i decided to rent it. Completely exceeded ALL expectations. Everyone was great in it, from Amy Ryan to Jolie to Jeffery Donovan to John Malkovich. The story was truly got me wrapped up into it, and I didnt realize till the end that the movie was over 2 hours. Spectacular from beginning to end.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

the man is a legend
💩

theis

Clint is amazing. Both as an actor and director.

bright lights, big city

the worst thing Eastwood has done was even made awesome by the Simpsons.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHT4QBwCicw
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

^ HAHA!

Top 5 Clint flicks (acted in/directed):

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Dirty Harry
Unforgiven
Mystic River
For a Few Dollars More

goldpony

gonna paint a wagon, gonna paint it fine. gonna use an oil based paint because the wood is pine....ponderosa pine ooohhooohh
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

DERP

Nailec

ive just seen Gran Torino and would rate it 6/10 or 7/10.

i reall expected more and was dissapointed of how the story developed. this whole gang-thing was not necessary at all. the main character really was an asshole. the move should have pointed that out alot more.
the whole gang-story wasnt really necessary and i dont like that in the end a racist became a hero.

i have to admit that although Walt didnt deserve what he got from his neighbours, i felt lucky for him and it was nice that he was shown other, new aspects of life.

im really torn between disgust and sympathy for Walt.