Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

where the wild things are

Started by goldpony, Mar 25, 2009, 10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

i saw it. it was good. in a strange way i almost enjoyed the preview with that arcade fire song more than the movie itself.

it is good tho. but i was really tired half-falling asleep when i watched it

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Nailec

Quote from: ben on Oct 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
because it is.  Karen O did the soundtrack, it's a supposed "art film", and because you don't live in America.  fuck off.

is it becoming overhyped there?

wither-I

Quote from: Nailec on Oct 17, 2009, 06:35 PM
Quote from: ben on Oct 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
because it is.  Karen O did the soundtrack, it's a supposed "art film", and because you don't live in America.  fuck off.

is it becoming overhyped there?
just like everything in the media, yes  :D

Nailec

ok it is an art film. but just because it lures hipsters into the cinema, it doesnt make it a bad film or something.

as a hipster i understand a person who makes art for the sake of becoming famous, getting recognized etc. it has a very negative connotation for me. the hipster is in the mainstream and does not create anything new. he does art for his own well being, not for the art itself.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: wither-I on Oct 17, 2009, 06:12 PM
i saw it. it was good. in a strange way i almost enjoyed the preview with that arcade fire song more than the movie itself.

it is good tho. but i was really tired half-falling asleep when i watched it
that preview was pretty incredible.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

Quote from: Nailec on Oct 17, 2009, 07:20 PM
ok it is an art film. but just because it lures hipsters into the cinema, it doesnt make it a bad film or something.

as a hipster i understand a person who makes art for the sake of becoming famous, getting recognized etc. it has a very negative connotation for me. the hipster is in the mainstream and does not create anything new. he does art for his own well being, not for the art itself.

i knew you were a hipster! :D

devlin

i just got back from seeing this and i LOVED it. beautiful pretty much sums it up. a couple scenes felt a little long and drawn out but besides that i have no complaints. definitly lived up to the hype in my opinion.