Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Earth Hour 2009 (TONIGHT!)

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Mar 28, 2009, 08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

Tonight (Mar. 28th 2009) is Earth Hour, please read the link below for directions:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/earthhour/2009/

Only an hour, please help out...

13hourstoparadise

For people too lazy to read... It's from 8:30 - 9:30 Your time-zone. Just don't use power...

;)

Let's see if this has an impact.

Nailec

what? i am asleep then anyways.

Jacob

fuck, I was gonna do that.... but forgot. doh!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

shine down unshy

I managed to do this for 30 minutes before I got way too bored.  I probably shouldn't have eaten those 2 bags of skittles beforehand.

13hourstoparadise

I added another 45 minutes... I read by candle light, it was actually pretty relaxing.

Zevaka

impossible missions for pc users with no UPS

wither-I

ive been hearing about this earth hour, and im not sure exactly what it is supposed to do/prove??

"coming into the nearness of distance"

goldpony

Quote from: wither-I on Mar 30, 2009, 02:27 AM

ive been hearing about this earth hour, and im not sure exactly what it is supposed to do/prove??

prove how much energy could be saved by going without power for one hour. another good hippy idea gone wrong. i say this because things like this tend to turn people off, rather than their power. i think too many people cant see past their front lawn
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

I was totally in Vegas sucking the shit out of some power.

defTHE1s

I totally forgot and i had my music playing a lot while i was playing Deftones, Rammstein and System of a Down in my guitar...
sorry mother earth...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Variable

wither-I

yeah you could have made an actual difference. jerk.

defTHE1s

what the hell...
being in vegas isn't goin to hel tho...
i don't want to make difference anyways...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

wither-I

haha just joking man. but really your a pesting disgrace to the planet :D

defTHE1s

yeah, i got the joke,  ;D
but i really forgot that (earth hour), i really was about to unplug all my things, but i totally forgot that  :-\ :-\

Variable

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 03, 2009, 05:24 PM
what the hell...
being in vegas isn't goin to hel tho...
i don't want to make difference anyways...
are you trying to say that I'm going to hell for being in Vegas?  Because I'm going back tonight.  Maybe Lucifer has a special layer for  nefarious souls like mine.

13hourstoparadise

I believe the benifit of earth hour is to give awareness to the homeowner... When they see the spike in energy use with their next bill they consider turning off more shit when not in use...

wither-I

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 07, 2009, 07:57 PM
I believe the benifit of earth hour is to give awareness to the homeowner... When they see the spike in energy use with their next bill they consider turning off more shit when not in use...
good. i like your thinking