Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Reading Festival

Started by down_in_a_hole, Mar 30, 2009, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugartolove

I said it in a different thread, but I'm so excited I'll say it again.. I'm going! I bought the most expensive tickets in the history of tickets, but still worth it to see Deftones  :) :)

Just wish Chi could be there now  :(
One love for Chi <3

defTHE1s

mmm also i said it in another thread... i was asking where the heck it was goin' to take place... but now i've realized,... the uk, right? in Reading, in England, in Europe, in ...STOP!!
Now you've got the point... it's miles away from Mexico... that is as bad as shit...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

lithium

the kings of leon headlining over deftones is laughable.

any of those bands over deftones is atrocious
💩

Sugartolove

Quote from: lithium on Apr 01, 2009, 06:29 AM
the kings of leon headlining over deftones is laughable.

any of those bands over deftones is atrocious

Fall out boy  ???
I agree with lithium.

Starz

I agree, WHY are any of those bands above Deftones? I payed 186 British pounds to see Deftones. Deftinitely worrth it!

black coffee

The only festival next to Leeds that has Radiohead and the Deftones and I'm not going. That is pretty rough, but I'll probably make it.

defTHE1s

you should go!
you should take advantage of your location (are you in england by the way?) because there is many people that doesn't have those chances everyday (me!! i wish that kind of festivals would happen here!!)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Starz

black coffee

I am living in Germany, so England is within reach, big problem is this trip would cost me way too much money and I already visit a festival this year, so it's all good.

Where are you located defTHE1s?

Starz

You get to see Dredg and we get to see Deftones haha

defTHE1s

I'm in Mexico... at the other side of the puddle

Quote from: Starz on Apr 02, 2009, 09:20 PM
You get to see Limp Bizkit and we get to see Deftones haha
I mean "They", i'm not going...

Sugartolove

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 02, 2009, 08:45 PM
I am living in Germany, so England is within reach, big problem is this trip would cost me way too much money and I already visit a festival this year, so it's all good.

Where are you located defTHE1s?

Have you seen that Deftones play Germany? No idea if it's close to you obviously but still  :)

http://www.highfield.de/

black coffee

well I've never been a friend of their line-ups. Deftones would be awesome, but there is basically nothing else that I am interested in so far. but I'll probably drive there on the day the Deftones play and get myself a day ticket :)

are you going?

Sugartolove

No, I live in England, so no -  I just thought you might want to see Deftones  :) They posted it in a bulletin on Myspace, so I just mentioned it to you.
Line ups......
The only thing I want to see on the day Deftones play Reading, is Placebo, again. I've only got a day pass. Annoying that Deftones aren't headlining when you see what other bands are playing  >:(

Starz

Strong rumours Faith No More are playing. Sick!

Sugartolove

I'm getting nervous  :( I bought my Reading bday ticket off the soldouttickets website and paid £186 for a day pass (with huge fees) just so I could see Deftones. The Reading website says this:

QuoteALL WEEKEND AND DAY TICKETS SOLD OUT
Melvin Benn, MD of Festival Republic, said of the dual sell out:

"This is the 7th year in succession that both events have sold out within 24 hours of going on sale and I am very very pleased of course. The stature of the events have grown and grown each year and this year's line up only adds to that. However, I must express caution towards all those who will now try to get their hands on tickets in whatever way they can as they do need to be careful of dodgy sites. The only site I can recommend will be viagogo who will at least guarantee anything they sell."

Plus this guy I know keeps saying the soldouttickets website is dodgy and even though everything SEEMED legit when I bought my ticket, I'm probably going to get stiffed and not get my ticket ..
More and more I have this bad feeling and I think I might have been stupid to buy from them....  Anyone got ANY experience with
http://www.soldoutentertainments.com/index.php ?

This is partially why I bought tickets to the headlining show, so I'm guaranteed to see Deftones.