Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New article that talks to Abe (mostly about Chi, Sergio Vega, Eros, etc.)

Started by Inkblades, Apr 04, 2009, 01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

well, Oct 09 in deftones time means it'll be out march 2010 if we're lucky(& we're usually not)

ronnie dobbs

Bunch of emotional girls here, if and when Chi can return he will. Until then who are you to question the rest of  the band and the decisions they make. "It doesn't feel right w/o Chi" grow up.

Hidalgo

to be honest i'm really glad they're keeping the band going. i thought what happened to Chi would be the end of deftones

defmark87

Quote from: Hell_Tanner on Apr 05, 2009, 03:23 AM
Right, Vega should be there just to fill in. I think, in a way, maybe it's ridiculous but he hasn't "earned" the right to become a real member or go as far as recording (an album with both bass player would be SO wrong), he hasn't paid his dues, Chi did, he's been there since the beginning. Of course, he would be cool with it, the guy is so good hearted but for the band, as an entity, after so many years, Chi's replacement as a recording member TOO is simply wrong just because one of the members is unable to play his part for the moment.
In my opinion, they should just go on the road with Vega, THAT is ok, play their ass off, raise some funds for their brother (they haven't done much so far, do something for God's sake!). Frankly, as much as I want to hear the new stuff, I don't think it's the right time for Eros, wether they release what they'd come up with Chi or the the additional stuff with Vega, the timing and situation is just not right. Time will be right for Eros when Chi will be at least able to walk and speak.

I think a lot of you guys need to dust yourselves off and move on.  Its what your favorite band is doing after all.  I think Sergio will do a kick ass job. I'd like to hear new shit with and without Chi to see Deftones with a different element.  Its a really shitty situation, yes.  I'm really pulling for Chi too, but realistically if he were to rejoin the band its far into the future.  It could be YEARS. That's if he makes significant progress, and is mentally rehabilitated from the whole ordeal. Not to mention if he still wants to do it and not retire after all the bullshit he's been through.  Gotta focus on the present, and still give best wishes and prayers to Chi and family.  Just be happy that they are carrying on which is something I wasn't sure would happen.

Scarf_Bitch

Quote from: Hell_Tanner on Apr 05, 2009, 12:57 AM
I wouldn't give Vega that much space, he should be there to fill in live, no more. This is unsettling.

+1
\

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 07, 2009, 11:09 PM
well, Oct 09 in deftones time means it'll be out march 2010 if we're lucky(& we're usually not)

i hate deftones  >:(
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

oneloveforchi

Quote from: ronnie dobbs on Apr 08, 2009, 01:36 AM
Bunch of emotional girls here, if and when Chi can return he will. Until then who are you to question the rest of  the band and the decisions they make. "It doesn't feel right w/o Chi" grow up.

there is nothing 'immature' about someone feeling like something is missing, different etc.. shit - even chino felt that way.. should he 'grow up' too? i never expected the guys to quit and chi wouldn't want them to do that. i am happy for the guys.. they gotta keep going and support their brother chi however they can thru his healing process..

i can see you asking everyone to please 'be realistic' - but 'grow up'?? - seriously... i don't find that anyone who has said it feels different has come across as someone that needs to grow up...

but - that's just me.. who knows.

www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

godin

hope chi gets better.  I also hope the album gets released within the next year or so. maybe all of you who are so chapped about how long the album is gonna take should just get into some other bands in the meantime. broaden your horizons a bit.
Dingus.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 07, 2009, 11:09 PM
That made me laugh... but I know that there's a bit of reality on it...
God help us! We want Deftones in 2009! I can wait 'till October, but no more!!

All this reading made my mind go crazy..
I really want to hear Chi's material on the new album, but sure it'll be good to hear Deftones with the new style that would bring Sergio... if they record some songs with him (I haven't read anything saying that he's recording with them, but he probably will do it)
And for sure, if Chi isn't able to play on the next shows, Sergio will be doing pretty good job as a filling bass player, although I'm not sure if Chi will want to continue playing with them (but I think he will!)
as you can see, i have now a mess in my mind....  :D :D :D
so i'll shut up now... and sing ("SHOVE IT! SHOVE IT! SHOVE IT ASIDE!!!)
and pray for Chi.  :)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...