Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Moving Mountains

Started by wither-I, Apr 04, 2009, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

I really love this band. great indie, post-rock. :)

http://www.myspace.com/movingmountainsmusic

here's a recent interview with the band including a great live video at the bottom of the page;
http://weworemasks.com/spotlight-moving-mountains-2009/

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

yeah, I like them too.

it's really interesting, how they balance between the almost-mall-emo/indie genre and the generic post-rock. Pneuma is a wonderful album, though sometimes I wish they would be a little more experimental and innovative. And as for the new album/EP, I tried listening to it once, did not really grow on me. Can't even remember why.

They've got this nice summerish vibe.

wither-I

i really like the "forward" EP it came at a perfect time for me. and yes the warm summerish vibe is there! thye make me feel good

An bád dubh

I downloaded their album Pneuma like a year ago and didn't think much of it, but now it's starting to sound pretty good man. Definitely not your regular post rock, or your regular indie rock. It's a cool combination of both like lostpilot said. They have something cool going on that can't be described.

Edit. Oh, and could you guys upload the new EP, I'd love to check it out.

Starz

Here you go man:

http://lix.in/-3c528d

An bád dubh

wither-I

Quote from: An bád dubh on Apr 06, 2009, 03:17 PM
I downloaded their album Pneuma like a year ago and didn't think much of it, but now it's starting to sound pretty good man. Definitely not your regular post rock, or your regular indie rock. It's a cool combination of both like lostpilot said. They have something cool going on that can't be described.

Edit. Oh, and could you guys upload the new EP, I'd love to check it out.
the thing is, they have a very tight sound. you can hear all their loves and frustrations in every note. very sincere sounding and it moves me :)

lostpilot

oh yes, wither-I, 'sincere' is quite a good word to describe Moving Mountains' music.

bright lights, big city

http://www.mediafire.com/?vwyyp5c6fksbek8
new album "Waves" leaked. I actually think I like it better than Pneuma.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

nicccccccccccccce

edit: vocals kill it for me.. so Underoath'y

lostpilot

oh shit, before it sounded Underoath'y.
Now it sounds like Thrice.
wtf. :D

bright lights, big city

yeeeeeah buddy. I like it.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

I don't know, there is something off with the mix and vocals.
They are ruining it for me.
Maybe it's because of the shitty rip? Please be so.. They were always amazing with "all-head" masterings, but the vocals here sound like on the radio.
Songs are okay-ish. Not Pneuma level, but they changed anyway.
I love Tired Tiger.

bright lights, big city

Supposedly it is a webrip, so that could explain what you're talking about. I didn't think the rip was THAT shitty, but we'll see when we get a better rip (should be soon). That opening track is killer, as is Tired Tiger.
DERP

lostpilot

I still haven't listened to all of it.
Waiting for a better rip maybe?
With two albums, thesis, relationship and exams on my nose I don't have much time nowadays..

Starz

Yeah same I have 3 weeks of University left to finish off 3 projects. Gahhhhh

I prefer this new stuff too their E.P. but will wait for a better rip

wither-I

its good. but will never live up to pneuma. that album is too good for its own good.

i also read somewhere a comparison with pianos become the teeth. now thats just silly :)

Slacker

Quote from: wither-I on May 04, 2011, 04:53 PM
its good. but will never live up to pneuma. that album is too good for its own good.

i also read somewhere a comparison with pianos become the teeth. now thats just silly :)

yeah pneuma rocks, is that the 128 rip everybody is talking about? man i feel dirty just typing about it.

wither-I

okay, ive been hooked.

Slacker