Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Brüno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Male

Started by theis, Apr 04, 2009, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

haha!  ron paul's in it!!  this movie's gonna be the shit, i loved borat, and i just recently saw da ali g movie, which i also thought was fuckin hilarious.  sacha baron cohen is so goddamn funny

Variable

devlin

this looks so fucking funny. but with borat being so big i'm surprised he can still get away with this stuff.

bright lights, big city

supposedly he attempts to seduce Ron Paul. gonna be pure comedic genius.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

emotivelotion

devlin

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 05, 2009, 03:42 PM

taken from wiki:

The production team deceived former presidential candidate Ron Paul into being interviewed by Bruno by posing as an Austrian TV show looking to question the congressman about economic issues. According to sources at Slate magazine, the interview starts out normally, but after a staged technical error, Bruno suggests he and Dr. Paul wait in the other room while the crew fixes a light. It is there that Bruno turns on music and begin dancing, which Ron Paul ignores at first. However, as soon as Bruno drops his pants, the congressman storms out of the room. A spokeswoman for Paul commented on the incident. She said Cohen's people were very deceptive in their tactics. At the time, she thought they were "legitimate," but now confesses to some concern. "I'm familiar with his work, so you can imagine how I feel about it," she said. Jesse Benton, senior vice president of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty organization and former campaign spokesman for Paul, said Paul was not familiar with Cohen's HBO program, Da Ali G Show. "If it's not on hard-core financial news, he doesn't follow it," Benton said. But, he added, "It sounds like it's going to be pretty funny."

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

Quote from: devlin on Apr 06, 2009, 04:55 AM

taken from wiki:

The production team deceived former presidential candidate Ron Paul into being interviewed by Bruno by posing as an Austrian TV show looking to question the congressman about economic issues. According to sources at Slate magazine, the interview starts out normally, but after a staged technical error, Bruno suggests he and Dr. Paul wait in the other room while the crew fixes a light. It is there that Bruno turns on music and begin dancing, which Ron Paul ignores at first. However, as soon as Bruno drops his pants, the congressman storms out of the room. A spokeswoman for Paul commented on the incident. She said Cohen's people were very deceptive in their tactics. At the time, she thought they were "legitimate," but now confesses to some concern. "I'm familiar with his work, so you can imagine how I feel about it," she said. Jesse Benton, senior vice president of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty organization and former campaign spokesman for Paul, said Paul was not familiar with Cohen's HBO program, Da Ali G Show. "If it's not on hard-core financial news, he doesn't follow it," Benton said. But, he added, "It sounds like it's going to be pretty funny."
Oh my lord.  thanks for that.  I just hope they don't make my hero look like a douche.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Variable on Apr 08, 2009, 04:19 AM
Quote from: devlin on Apr 06, 2009, 04:55 AM

taken from wiki:

Oh my lord.  thanks for that.  I just hope they don't make my hero look like a douche.

agreed.  it doesn't seem like it was too bad from the sound of the statement.

Variable

one weak

Don't get me wrong, I think Sascha Baron Coen is a really funny dude with tons of talent and great ideas, but for me, it's best suited in a half hour or hour long spat. While i though Borat was pretty comical, i found myself pretty bored towards the end. I doubt i'll pay $10+ to see this in theatres and wait for netlfix.

alvarezbassist17

hahahaha meinspace

edit:  that page is the funniest thing i have ever read.  if you get a chance, go see it.

"firstly, ich should tell you zat i'm in a serious relationship at ze moment und i'm completely faithful - apart, of course, from blaujoben.  ich am looking to have one guyfriend of ever single skin tone"