Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

How do you currently feel about the Tones's upcoming album?

Started by Deftones-argentina, Apr 11, 2009, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

The first deftones album wait for me was the S/t, I was an uninformed kid at that time, I'd check deftones world once in a month or two, but that's it. Then suddenly I went to a record store and saw that the record was actually there since a week oir two. I inmediately bought and went running to my house in order to hear it as quick as I could.
    Then, saturday night wrist. Man, that wait was really intense. I think my heart pumped the second I downloaded beware, I was even having some crazy dreams about the new deftones album. Originally I intended to wait until the record release, but I just coulnd't help it and had to download the leak and hear it in its entirety.
    Now, for this album, I really think that I won't be all that anxious, at all. I heard the snippets we all heard and some of them are amazing, some not so (Melanie). But I didn't get that feeling, you know? I don't blame the deftones at all, because they have been putting amazing music and they WILL be uptting amazing music, but nonetheless the hurry isn't there anymore. Option 2 for me

Your thoughts?

deftonekid

I'll be excited when we can hear a studio version of a new song, not before.

jesusinabowlofdirt

i dont trust deftones "fans" that wasnt aware of deftones existence til white pony came out... and they got into them through radio friendly songs like change ,digital bath and all that mainstream side of deftones. im really anxious about eros,just as always when it time for a new def disc

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 11, 2009, 11:16 PM
i dont trust deftones "fans" that wasnt aware of deftones existence til white pony came out... and they got into them through radio friendly songs like change ,digital bath and all that mainstream side of deftones. im really anxious about eros,just as always when it time for a new def disc

Actually I got into them through street carp and knife prty, but the "radio friendly" songs you mentioned are great tracks anyway. I don't see how i'd care about who you trust and why, I just asked about how everybody felt about the upcoming tones album, thank you anyway.

There Will Be Blood

Inkblades

I'll always be excited for new Deftones material. There is nothing quite like hearing one of their songs for the first time.

lithium

💩

Nebontha

QuoteI'll always be excited for new Deftones material. There is nothing quite like hearing one of their songs for the first time.
Hell yeah. :D
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Timmy666

Hidalgo

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 12, 2009, 02:46 AM
I'll always be excited for new Deftones material. There is nothing quite like hearing one of their songs for the first time.

pixElsblUr

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 12, 2009, 02:46 AM

There Will Be Blood

i hope the album art is good. Self titled had amazing art.

mandalay

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Apr 12, 2009, 06:23 AM
i hope the album art is good. Self titled had amazing art.

I agree. I thought the SNW artwork was good too.  The publicity photos sucked though.  Lifeless.  I think the new artwork is gonna be like nothing we expect.

oneloveforchi

i'll be really stoked if they use chi's bass tracks... or at least alot of them... worst case.. some?? (plz)

all in all... happy for the guys... would love for them to put out a great album... i know they will.. i just want chi included.. wanna hear him on there... you know?

biased? i may be..

one love for chi,
gina
www.oneloveforchi.com
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: oneloveforchi on Apr 12, 2009, 07:17 AM
i'll be really stoked if they use chi's bass tracks... or at least alot of them... worst case.. some?? (plz)

all in all... happy for the guys... would love for them to put out a great album... i know they will.. i just want chi included.. wanna hear him on there... you know?

biased? i may be..

one love for chi,
gina
www.oneloveforchi.com

after all.. this is a deftones page... not everything is about chi, he is 1/5 of the group. he already have his own site and a thread

lostpilot

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 12, 2009, 09:01 AM
actually I pretty much don't care.

u dont care about the new album? what are u doing here then

lostpilot

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 12, 2009, 09:17 AM
Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 12, 2009, 09:01 AM
actually I pretty much don't care.

u dont care about the new album? what are u doing here then

I mean, it's not like - 'fuck it I don't care', it's more like 'I know it's gonna be good, so I'm not gonna be a drama queen an squeel for six months in a row how much do I want it'.

Yes, I like the Deftones, they're a living classic, but nowadays I have other bands to listen and overhype to.

jesusinabowlofdirt

ok, fine with me  :)

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 12, 2009, 09:22 AM
I'm not gonna be a drama queen an squeel for six months in a row how much do I want it'.
;D

Caín

s/t and saturday night wrist have been a let down to me, so i'm not really excited about the new stuff. melanie did it's share to kill off any excitement i had. do not like-y!