Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

How do you currently feel about the Tones's upcoming album?

Started by Deftones-argentina, Apr 11, 2009, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusinabowlofdirt

s/t was amazing and melanie sounds it will be better than any song on around the fur (in my head anyway ) around the fur song writing was kind of poor, if chino hadent sung on it, it wouldnt be that great.  snw sucked ass, made myself aware that deftones releases from that on isnt that secure

Vesanic

Now i'd like to ask you J...

What stuff by the Deftones do you like ?

Moz

Even though I consider myself a trained listener of music, it took me a few years to really appreciate S/T for what it is. I guess that is also the advantage of having more records being out after that, so you can listen to the album with some context. Right now, I consider S/T a fantastic record, right under my holy duo White Pony and ATF.

SNW, it's not my favourite, but I am sure I'm going to like it more when the new record comes out. I just started listening to Deftones again this week and it got me really pumped for new material.

As for the quality of the new record, I'd be surprised if it would make everyone happy. I think it's fair to say that White Pony was a undisputed classic that's never going to be overcome by the band. There's only a few bands that really make such a good record once, expecting it to happen twice is ridiculous.

lxix

I love Deftones but i've been waiting patiently for Chino to put some good quality time into making a Team Sleep album that would fulfil the potential of the demo leak.

Penicks

el perro

Self titled took several listens. Saturday night wrist was over produced. Both good albums if you listen to them for what they are, not constantly comparing them to previous works. Im looking forward to this new album. Im excited to see them live again. Deftones are paving the way..

Scarf_Bitch

As for me, I've only been into deftones since 2007, ive never seen a album be realsed by them or anything like tht.  And im sorta scared tht we might have to wait longer then october, b,c if you remeber from a thread from a while ago it said new deftones winter 2008. in a abe interview he said january, in anoter interview they said spring 2009, and the most recent said october, so i think its gonna be changed again around july or so
\

wither-I

i think they need to blog more and keep us fully interested

"coming into the nearness of distance"

oneloveforchi

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 12, 2009, 08:55 AM
Quote from: oneloveforchi on Apr 12, 2009, 07:17 AM
i'll be really stoked if they use chi's bass tracks... or at least alot of them... worst case.. some?? (plz)

all in all... happy for the guys... would love for them to put out a great album... i know they will.. i just want chi included.. wanna hear him on there... you know?

biased? i may be..

one love for chi,
gina
www.oneloveforchi.com

after all.. this is a deftones page... not everything is about chi, he is 1/5 of the group. he already have his own site and a thread

i know not everything is about chi jesus... and the question was "How do YOU currently feel about the Tones's upcoming album?" and i voiced my opinion.. which my answer happened to involve chi...

the other thread for chi is prayers and updates and the site is for fundraising.. was the f'ing question about that? no...

gina
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

Bergerac

I'm more like 'Anxiously waiting confirmation that it isn't another SNW'. In that regard, the wait is even worse for me.

Its funny how things have changed, no matter how bad other bands fucked up, dithered, dliuted or sold out, I always felt like I at least had the Deftones to lean on. SNW was like breaking my fucking hymen or something. That last pillar fell.

Its basically 'make or break' time for me.

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Caín on Apr 12, 2009, 09:40 AM
s/t and saturday night wrist have been a let down to me, so i'm not really excited about the new stuff. melanie did it's share to kill off any excitement i had. do not like-y!

s/t was great man

Vesanic

S/t is so underrated...

I know it takes some listenings but once you're really into the songs, you can't do anything else than loving these.

lostpilot

White Wrist

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 12, 2009, 04:57 PM
i think they need to blog more and keep us fully interested

word. they are not...giving a shit about this. they were...and stopped. We really don´t know,m how things are. always the same mistakes.

Penicks

deftonekid

Quote from: Moz on Apr 12, 2009, 11:56 AM
Even though I consider myself a trained listener of music, it took me a few years to really appreciate S/T for what it is. I guess that is also the advantage of having more records being out after that, so you can listen to the album with some context. Right now, I consider S/T a fantastic record, right under my holy duo White Pony and ATF.

SNW, it's not my favourite, but I am sure I'm going to like it more when the new record comes out. I just started listening to Deftones again this week and it got me really pumped for new material.

As for the quality of the new record, I'd be surprised if it would make everyone happy. I think it's fair to say that White Pony was a undisputed classic that's never going to be overcome by the band. There's only a few bands that really make such a good record once, expecting it to happen twice is ridiculous.
I think exactly like you. It took me several months to like S/T and now I love it. And yeah it'd be cool to have another amazing album like WP but yes it's gonna be hard that happens twice, so we'll see, time will tell.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 12, 2009, 08:17 PM
It took me several months to like S/T and now I love it.

i really dont get this "it takes months of listenings" crap,.. when i first heard the entire s/t album my jaw dropped to the floor... and at the same time i got worried... i thought "no, this is so fucking good i cant believe it, now there gonna be BIG for REAL and be all over the place" ....but that didnt happen. it got good reviews but then i saw fan sites dissing it and i was like "huh..? its fucking better than white pony ffs!"

Vesanic

Like a girl said while being interviewed:

" Deftones are not music for radios, because people are not ready to like or even understand their music. "

ChannelZer0

s/t is also my fav Deftones album. I can still jam that album anytime!!!
Sorrow

deftonekid

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 12, 2009, 08:32 PM
i really dont get this "it takes months of listenings" crap,.. when i first heard the entire s/t album my jaw dropped to the floor... and at the same time i got worried... i thought "no, this is so fucking good i cant believe it, now there gonna be BIG for REAL and be all over the place" ....but that didnt happen. it got good reviews but then i saw fan sites dissing it and i was like "huh..? its fucking better than white pony ffs!"
well dude remember they did WP before S/T so after that I expected something similar (I'm not saying I expected a WP 2 or a WP copy) so it was new for some of us to listen a darker side of deftones. So for me it tooks time to get use to that "new" sound, but that's it, we all agree S/T is one of their best made albums.