Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

How do you currently feel about the Tones's upcoming album?

Started by Deftones-argentina, Apr 11, 2009, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusinabowlofdirt

and who are these morons voting for more team sleep stuff when they are working on eros  ??? fucking crackheads 

rock_n_frost

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 15, 2009, 03:51 PM
and who are these morons voting for more team sleep stuff when they are working on eros  ??? fucking crackheads 
actually i am one of them
but it wasnt about team sleep...

i just wanted to vote ''fuck deftones''

- also each deftones album is different (not like another artist but different)
- snw has more soundcapes, different styles, echo voices (on the other albums chino's voice effect was like phone sound)
- cherry waves is a kick ass sound, you cant call it childish if pinky-blue dreams and love are in it...
- my guess,  you like only heavy guitar and phone effected voice and you hate echo, all sound effects..
- fuck you too, but i really like you..
- kimdracula is a pop rock song ?!. When did you get out from the cave ?...its one of the songs which has an own style that deftones ever made..
- i agree that chino's voice is completely weak on this album but songs, melodies, guitars, drums and style is good.
- everyone can play any songs of deftones but snw !...even they cant...
- i am not saying snw is the best album but its 2006, everything grown up but you want the music stay the same..
- what i feel about eros is they are gonna be back to old albums...like atf+wp thing..
- fuck you again, but i really think that you are cool nowadays..
- s-t album not a completed album...even i can do/add that songs better parts/ends
- i think snw hasnt pink cellphone people would feel better about it..cuz lucky you is a great song but people like jesus thinks that is childsh...(yeah wtf..you find what am i talkin about)
- i m on the same opinion about riviere, i mean its beautiful..but the end ?...after mein and pin cellshit the album s finished ?...

whatever....read it jesus..i love you
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

jesusinabowlofdirt

- also each deftones album is different (not like another artist but different) i never said anything else
- snw has more soundcapes, different styles, echo voices (on the other albums chino's voice effect was like phone sound) so what? it sucks anyway no matter how much soundscaping
- my guess,  you like only heavy guitar and phone effected voice and you hate echo, all sound effects.. " as long as its good it doesnt matter what effect.
- i agree that chino's voice is completely weak on this album but songs, melodies, guitars, drums and style is good." abes drum is good on snw
- everyone can play any songs of deftones but snw !...even they cant..." still, doesnt matter if its hard to play or not yngwe malmsteen is hard to play, aint good for that sake.
- s-t album not a completed album..." it is.
- i think snw hasnt pink cellphone people would feel better about it..cuz lucky you is a great song but people like jesus thinks that is childsh..
i rather listen to pink cellphone than teenager, i really do. i think lucky u is their best electronic song though.teenager isnt that good song by itself but it makes the white pony record fly when u listen from start to finish

- i m on the same opinion about riviere, i mean its beautiful..but the end ?...after mein and pin cellshit the album s finished ?...
riviere is best as closer if u choose from snw but it isnt good enough as a deftones closer if u know what i mean

Nebontha

You both made some very good points.  Now kiss, make up, and shut the fuck up!  lol just jokin

Anyways I have hope that "Eros" or whatever it ends up being called is going to be better than SNW.  I believe this is more than just an opinion, but a fact.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

There Will Be Blood

Starz

cringe worthy shit in this thread, apart from Bergerac's posts of course  :-*

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Nebontha on Apr 15, 2009, 09:00 PM
You both made some very good points.  Now kiss, make up, and shut the fuck up!  lol just jokin

Anyways I have hope that "Eros" or whatever it ends up being called is going to be better than SNW.  I believe this is more than just an opinion, but a fact.

maybe it ends up beeing called sEro.  as in zero bad songs?

::)

nineteenpeoplesnames

SNW is genius.

Anyway, why analyse things to death? Listen to music without directly listening to it.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 15, 2009, 10:48 PM
Quote from: nineteenpeoplesnames on Apr 15, 2009, 10:42 PM
SNW is genius.

in what way?

youuu-wuuuuu

Listen to music without directly listening to it.
i think he says there s not just drum guitar bass and voice on the album....there are so much elements in it..

can i ask you guys something....
where is variable and white pwny ,devlin, miss.. and the others ?!..

Hidalgo

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 15, 2009, 03:49 PM
and as for riviere as last track.. i demand more from a closer on a def album. when the final chord is struck on moana,u feel kind of exhausted and sweaty... it grabs u and shake u around.. like flying on a dragon through hell. i love that tune.riviere is more of a nice tune to have in the background
i think maybe you just had the best year of your life in 2003 or something & s/t takes you back, so it feels better than it really is to you. i dunno. there's no way snw is so horrible & s/t is so great, it's the same band, & the stuff isnt that different (& riviere > moana, by miles)

Inkblades

I'd say that if White Pony is the peak of a high at it's most euphoric, then S/T is the comedown from that high the next day. It's the after-effect. And I mean that as a compliment to S/T.

nineteenpeoplesnames

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 15, 2009, 10:48 PM
SNW is genius.

in what way?

It's just so difficult to get into and sounds like no other band out there. Usually comparisons immediately appear but with that album I don't get any.

The new album should be progressively amazing as always.

nicklav

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 16, 2009, 12:03 AM
and as for riviere as last track.. i demand more from a closer on a def album. when the final chord is struck on moana,u feel kind of exhausted and sweaty... it grabs u and shake u around.. like flying on a dragon through hell. i love that tune.riviere is more of a nice tune to have in the background
i think maybe you just had the best year of your life in 2003 or something & s/t takes you back, so it feels better than it really is to you. i dunno. there's no way snw is so horrible & s/t is so great, it's the same band, & the stuff isnt that different (& riviere > moana, by miles)

Absolutely not. The final chord on Moana leaves you with a sense of completion after a song that kept you on edge for 5 minutes. Riviere is very good, mind you, but it is too under-developed to have the same kind of effect as Moana.

wither-I

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 16, 2009, 01:24 AM
I'd say that if White Pony is the peak of a high at it's most euphoric, then S/T is the comedown from that high the next day. It's the after-effect. And I mean that as a compliment to S/T.

wow. thats the best explanation i've heard concerning that era and those two albums in relation to one another

"coming into the nearness of distance"

defTHE1s

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 14, 2009, 09:55 AM
Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 14, 2009, 12:17 AM
Deftones is their most painful, most heartfelt record. Its the one that the people who really fucking LOVE what this band have done, appreciate the most, because its the one time they really wore their hearts on their  sleeves for the sake of the music. Its fucking wonderful that a band could go from the crazy experimental fronts of WP to such a stripped down approach of Deftones, and write better shit.
word.
WORD

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

when the final chord is struck on moana,u feel kind of exhausted and sweaty... it grabs u and shake u around.. like flying on a dragon through hell. i love that tune.riviere is more of a nice tune to have in the background
yes, the final chord makes you press play again to hear the ENTIRE album again, and once agin, end with AMAZING Moana.
In th meanwhile, with Riviere, you only say.. well, good song, let's hear now the songs that i like the most of this album... not the entire album...
but you know, each to his own opinion ;)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

dictatesofreason

yeah but Riviere a good ending song to the album i cudnt bear listening to it at the beggining or in the middle somewhere...and since we are all venting Mein shud be deleted from existance..i mean man, Beware ties in awesomely with CW but mein kinda justs kuts your cartoid...even on WP Pink maggit was i faine ending as well the whole beating heart thing...fist hell yeah even Damone the greatest endtrack on the album about loves, lust and pain sorta sums up the previous 10 songs ya know

No More Sugar

honestly the only deftones song i could say i really don't like is back to school.

there's no point in getting excited about eros, wait till it comes out, fanboys.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

rock_n_frost