Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Food that you absolutely will not eat

Started by Sugartolove, Apr 16, 2009, 06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Quote from: one weak on Apr 17, 2009, 02:40 AM
Quote from: Variable on Apr 17, 2009, 01:50 AM
There was a point where I wouldn't eat fast food no matter what.  I'm trying to get back to that

i haven't eaten fast food in a few years either. shit'll kill you.
Yeah it really will.  It's disgusting to the taste once you get off it and start eating healthy.  But unfortunately since I have come back to America, I have found myself in a couple situations where I pretty much had to eat it or just fast under less than idea fasting circumstances.  So I gave in.  It really is fucking pathetic how hard it is to eat healthy is America unless you're at your own home with groceries you bought.
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 18, 2009, 07:28 AM
Cheesecake, I can't stand the taste or smell... Everyone in the world loves it, but I hate it.
and seriously man?  Cheesecake is amazing.  You had to have had some kind of traumatic American Pie moment with cheesecake or something?

Penicks

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 17, 2009, 08:18 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Apr 17, 2009, 07:35 PM
Any species living under water. Shrimp, salmon, tuna, lobster, whatever. It all makes me hurl like an anorexic patient.

See: Bulimia.

anorexic patients vomit too

Variable

Indeed, both purge.  But they are both self induced.  So if just eating this food makes you involuntarily vomit, then you're both wrong.  You could have said "it makes me hurl like someone who just ingested diphenylchlorarsine" and been more accurate.

I was just looking to make an even more lame argument than the "driving while talking on cell phone" argument.  Did it work?

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 18, 2009, 07:35 AM
Wow.  Cheesecake is the shit, man.  The fuck is wrong with you?

Yup, that is basically the response I always get... Have you ever ate something while sick, then thrown up? After that the taste just seems to be unmanageable for sometime... I don't know if I ever got sick on it, but if I even smell it I get that gross feeling in my stomach.

Variable

Yeah I know what you mean.  I was like that with vodka for a while.  Thank god I got over that

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Apr 18, 2009, 04:22 PM
There was a point where I wouldn't eat fast food no matter what.  I'm trying to get back to that

Yeah it really will.  It's disgusting to the taste once you get off it and start eating healthy.  But unfortunately since I have come back to America, I have found myself in a couple situations where I pretty much had to eat it or just fast under less than idea fasting circumstances.  So I gave in.  It really is fucking pathetic how hard it is to eat healthy is America unless you're at your own home with groceries you bought.

its actually not that difficult, it just depends on how demanding you are. for instance, go into a mcdonalds and just order a chicken breast (from a grilled chicken sandwich) with apple fries and make a salad with the letuce and tomato they put on the sandwich. not hard. most of the time the workers wont even give you a dirty look, just think youre kinda weird for forgoing all the extra food you dont get but still have to pay for (for instance a whole chicken sandwich for just the chicken). i found that you can modify most things on a menu to make it a (relatively) healthy meal. oh, and forego the mayo at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i recently found out that most restaurants use what is called heavy mayonaisse which has about triple the fat and calories of regular mayo. got a whopper without it and it was the most delicious whopper i ever had.

as for my food thing: mushrooms and tomatoes

just like hosh, i dont mind either one in things, but raw and/or on their own no way. its not so much the taste as the texture, all soft and sqiushy
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Starz

Try something continuously you don't like for 10 times and I reckon you'll like it. anchovies I don't like and sushi is fucking horrible, and avacado I can eat but it is EXTREMELY over rated.

one weak

Quote from: goldpony on Apr 20, 2009, 08:48 PM
Quote from: Variable on Apr 18, 2009, 04:22 PM

its actually not that difficult, it just depends on how demanding you are. for instance, go into a mcdonalds and just order a chicken breast (from a grilled chicken sandwich) with apple fries and make a salad with the letuce and tomato they put on the sandwich. not hard. most of the time the workers wont even give you a dirty look, just think youre kinda weird for forgoing all the extra food you dont get but still have to pay for (for instance a whole chicken sandwich for just the chicken). i found that you can modify most things on a menu to make it a (relatively) healthy meal. oh, and forego the mayo at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i recently found out that most restaurants use what is called heavy mayonaisse which has about triple the fat and calories of regular mayo. got a whopper without it and it was the most delicious whopper i ever had.

as for my food thing: mushrooms and tomatoes

just like hosh, i dont mind either one in things, but raw and/or on their own no way. its not so much the taste as the texture, all soft and sqiushy
yeah you could do that, but it's still not healthy. if it's a eat or starve situation like variable was saying, then yeah you can order something off a fast food menu that is "better" for you, but by no means good for you. i mean the chicken breasts mcdonalds serves are filled with preservatives and the rest of everything on the menu is just transfat, sugar and salt.

to each his/her own i guess, but you won't find me eating a "healthy" meal from a fast food joint. i'll spend the extra $5 and eat at a restaurant that serves fresh food, or go buy my own. not to mention the fact that, for me, not eating at corporate-driven-money-makin'  fast food is more of a pledge for healthy lifestyle. that's a whole argument in itself i suppose.

13hourstoparadise

Now that I live in California again and I found my lost love with great avacados...

Is dick a food, i'd never eat it.

mr.sinister

Seafood, except lobster as that shit is the best. Also I would never eat deep fried raccoon's anus. As they actually do have them at some restaurants as an appetizer. :o
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 18, 2009, 07:28 AM
Cheesecake, I can't stand the taste or smell... Everyone in the world loves it, but I hate it.
Yum, yum gimme sum. I love me some cheesecake.

pissedandpierced

Celery - It tastes like the smell of toilet cleaner.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Apr 21, 2009, 11:46 AM

Really, hmmm, sounds nice... Wait, used or new TP?

You know it takes more calories to burn celery than it is to eat...

ToneDef

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Apr 21, 2009, 11:46 AM

Lay off the crack.. Celery filled with dairylea.... Mmmmmmm!

I hate liver, peas, brussel sprouts and muh-fuckin' blue stilton.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 22, 2009, 10:03 PM
I hate liver, peas, brussel sprouts and muh-fuckin' blue stilton.

Amen... That and veggiemite - that shit is fucking gross.

defTHE1s

I hate "Rábano" (in spanish)
I don't like the tunas (those what lithium said, not the fish) and i like the nopalitos.  ;D
and i don't like at all the onion, but in some cases it gives to the food a really delicious spicy flavor.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

lithium

Quote from: defTHE1s on May 02, 2009, 03:22 AM
I hate "Rábano" (in spanish)
I don't like the tunas (those what lithium said, not the fish) and i like the nopalitos.  ;D
and i don't like at all the onion, but in some cases it gives to the food a really delicious spicy flavor.
rabano = raddish

which i find delicious
💩

deftonekid

yeah it's delicious with some lemon and salt but it makes me fart like these crazy and stinky gases that make my eyes cry.

defTHE1s

oh no... i can't stand the raddish...
and it smells like sewers!!
yech!!!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

tarkil

Hmmmm, I love them... With butter and bread !!!!   ^5

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

whodunit?