Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Idea for oneloveforchi.com (attn: Gina, all)

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Apr 18, 2009, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

I was thinking of covering a deftones or team sleep song, make a collob with other artists, and try to sell the tracks online with all donations going to oneloveforchi.com...

I was thinking of doingTeam Sleep acutally, acoustic one to be specific.

Slacker

go for it, hopefully youll get some tight ass artist to record with you.

13hourstoparadise

Okay, maybe www.myspace.com/1luv4chimusic ???

I dunno, I need some good name ideas...

When I record the track and get maybe at least two other covers [entries] to attract some buzz, I think I will create the myspace...

Unless other people think differently.

oneloveforchi

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 18, 2009, 01:28 AM
Okay, maybe www.myspace.com/1luv4chimusic ???

I dunno, I need some good name ideas...

When I record the track and get maybe at least two other covers [entries] to attract some buzz, I think I will create the myspace...

Unless other people think differently.

you know i had a crazy idea like that too today.. just don't know how to pull it off... hell_tanner did this bad ass acoustic song for chi and I was thinking how awesome it would be to have other maybe sharing lungs musicians add to it somehow.. i don't want to jack up hell_tanner's song cuz it is beautiful the way it is.. but i thought doing something like that (even with a different track he or someone could write) in a united fashion with people from all over the world would be rad.. something similar to the post i made today: http://oneloveforchi.com/index.php/one-love/

i don't know.. thinking outloud... hell_tanner? ideas? my husband is willing to write lyrics.. sing.. drums... whatever.

next...?

one love for chi,
gina
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

Hell_Tanner

Yes, sure, I would be up for that, writing a song with some other people all adding to it....or some kind of compilation with different songs people here would come up with...I'm all for it, it's a good idea!

oneloveforchi

ok - so what other musicians are up to it?

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

sharinglungs

I could add some guitar tracks..depending on which songs ya wanna cover.. i might have to learn the song first :p

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 18, 2009, 07:38 PM
I could add some guitar tracks..depending on which songs ya wanna cover.. i might have to learn the song first :p

Everyone, please submit whatever you have to my myspace page, or on this thread. I live with a producer and he is more than happy to help out. He is in process of finishing his album but has no deadline...

So for instance you submit a guitar only track, we can master it, try to add all other elements, or we can then repost the track for others to join...

Nick, where you at? Damnit, I forget his username here...

oneloveforchi

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 18, 2009, 08:46 PM

Everyone, please submit whatever you have to my myspace page, or on this thread. I live with a producer and he is more than happy to help out. He is in process of finishing his album but has no deadline...

So for instance you submit a guitar only track, we can master it, try to add all other elements, or we can then repost the track for others to join...

ok - my husband ryan said he will write lyrics/do vocals

sharinglungs

Do you wanna do an original song or a deftones cover or somethin?

oneloveforchi

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 18, 2009, 09:35 PM

i think an original would be awesome...

what does everyone else think?

sharinglungs

Quote from: oneloveforchi on Apr 18, 2009, 09:49 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 18, 2009, 09:35 PM

i think an original would be awesome...

what does everyone else think?

I agree

13hourstoparadise

Yeah, I think Deftones or maybe some Team Sleep would really attract the desired demographic.

However, that DOES NOT exclude covers of which touch the song, re-mix, or alter the song(s). For instance (example), Idiot Pilot's version of ' Teenager'. 

sharinglungs

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 19, 2009, 03:41 AM
Yeah, I think Deftones or maybe some Team Sleep would really attract the desired demographic.

However, that DOES NOT exclude covers of which touch the song, re-mix, or alter the song(s). For instance (example), Idiot Pilot's version of ' Teenager'. 

That works for me too.

Vesanic

Yup, you should cover a Deftones song, I think. Why not to play a cover of a song they never played live ? That would kicks ass even more, I think.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 19, 2009, 11:35 AM
Yup, you should cover a Deftones song, I think. Why not to play a cover of a song they never played live ? That would kicks ass even more, I think.

Interesting... Great idea homles... Jesus shit it is hot out today... I'm going to go get something to drink, smokes, then I will see if I can record a track on this lazy Sunday.

I really want to cover Like Linus (song). I don't know anyone who can hit that vocal range however.

kameron632

kameron632

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 19, 2009, 08:44 PM

Interesting... Great idea homles... Jesus shit it is hot out today... I'm going to go get something to drink, smokes, then I will see if I can record a track on this lazy Sunday.

I really want to cover Like Linus (song). I don't know anyone who can hit that vocal range however.

you this is a strange coincidence, i just covered like linus yesterday, jsut the song though, no vocals

oneloveforchi

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 20, 2009, 04:41 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 19, 2009, 08:44 PM

you this is a strange coincidence, i just covered like linus yesterday, jsut the song though, no vocals

Excellent, Kameron632, can you upload the file to sendfile (of whatever it's called). Send me the link, we will master it, then put it back up for Ryan (Gina's husband) to lay down vocals.

:)

Any of you in the Los Angeles area? We have a full studio here, people are always coming through.