Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Idea for oneloveforchi.com (attn: Gina, all)

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Apr 18, 2009, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xedora

kameron632

kameron632

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 21, 2009, 08:05 PM
and what you linked to was not the Like Linus drum track.

holy shit, wtf is that? i didnt even know i had that on my comp

kameron632

Quote from: Xedora on Apr 22, 2009, 01:18 AM
I would LOVE to do vocals on this. I've got plenty of gear and software to get it done.

I have a couple examples of things I've done here:

http://www.myspace.com/ifxever two of them are just vocals over deftones instrumentals, one i did with 13 hours to paradise.

I've got quite a bit more range then whats on the tracks, and would put more polishing into any sortof track that were to come out of this

-niccolai

aim: xedora
email: Xedora at Gmail

dude i love your stuff, wat are you using for the vocals?

Xedora

Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 22, 2009, 03:42 AM
I would LOVE to do vocals on this. I've got plenty of gear and software to get it done.

http://www.myspace.com/ifxever two of them are just vocals over deftones instrumentals, one i did with 13 hours to paradise.

I've got quite a bit more range then whats on the tracks, and would put more polishing into any sortof track that were to come out of this

-niccolai

Thanks man.

For software i'm running a modified version of H20's SX3 (modified it myself) with a bunch of plug ins, (antares, pluggo, waves, audio damage, voxengo, etc)

My interface is a presonus firestudio with a behringer tube compressor, and presonus preamp. I'm using an MXL4000 mic, Shure SM58, and an AKG d9000

I can get some really nice sounds out of it if I polish everything enough. The vocal tracks on that myspace aren't mastered yet, hardly even mixed.

kameron632

Quote from: Xedora on Apr 22, 2009, 03:54 AM
Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 22, 2009, 03:42 AM

-niccolai

Thanks man.

For software i'm running a modified version of H20's SX3 (modified it myself) with a bunch of plug ins, (antares, pluggo, waves, audio damage, voxengo, etc)

My interface is a presonus firestudio with a behringer tube compressor, and presonus preamp. I'm using an MXL4000 mic, Shure SM58, and an AKG d9000

I can get some really nice sounds out of it if I polish everything enough. The vocal tracks on that myspace aren't mastered yet, hardly even mixed.

I have the same program, just not the plugins. You got a pretty nice set up, im tryin to get my vocals to sound good. I dont know what EQ to use though

frud

ill try vocs on any song anybody needs, im in.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 21, 2009, 05:28 PM
There is a program called guitar pro, it can do alot of stuff. Also go to ultimate-guitar.com and look for the guitar pro version of the song and download it, open it in guitar pro and there you go. Guitar, Bass, and Drums!!! Convert the drums to MIDI and you can open it in cubase n stuff, thats wat i use to record. The unecessary noise would be my guitar when i try to palm mute really fast, it picks up this noise, cant help that but i think it sounds good.

Oh, no worries... I think it's tight, covers should never be the same.

Plus I'm going to use a hiss filter which will elimanate some of the static. Also add chours to the drums so they sound more organic... We don't have a drummer here eh?

Xedora

I play drums, but sadly no kit  :'(

Maybe someone on the espguitars messageboard would be willing to program or record some drums from this. There's alot of Deftones fans there.

13hourstoparadise

Yo Nick!!!

How've been man?

So check this out, I moved to LA. My bestfriend owns a clothing shop. He has the shop, then a workshop next door. Well, I convenieved his business partner to let me manage the shop next door - it is being turned into a music showcase/venue as we speak! I can't wait. If you ever want a vacation you have a place to crash and the showcase is going to be loaded with music equptment... It's really an opportunity you can't miss...

This applies to everyone, however, once my buddy Devin is done with rehab in two months we are going to start touring right away... Our drummer just moved back from Europe, however still hoping between San Fran and San Diego so we don't have much to rehearse with... We have our own shit written, then we pass guitar and bass back between 'one weak' and 'birthmark' as a show opener. I'm so excited and can't hold still. Jai on drums, kick ass rythem - hence he's a black man... Then Devin - blone hair cracker on guitar. Then my stupid italian/english ass on bass. I hope our diverstity really helps.

Also, everyone, please remember this is for Chi - the songs will be sold on iTunes or where ever else... Our pitch is even if you don't dig the cover, then at least your donate helps a good cause...

Anyone come up with a name yet?

How about ChiBenifit? Fuck I don't know...

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Xedora on Apr 22, 2009, 07:05 PM
I play drums, but sadly no kit  :'(

Maybe someone on the espguitars messageboard would be willing to program or record some drums from this. There's alot of Deftones fans there.

Can you please ask around homles? As much as a like the metronome timing effect of digital drums, I think organic would be so much better,,,

Xedora

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Apr 22, 2009, 07:11 PM
Yo Nick!!!

How've been man?

So check this out, I moved to LA. My bestfriend owns a clothing shop. He has the shop, then a workshop next door. Well, I convenieved his business partner to let me manage the shop next door - it is being turned into a music showcase/venue as we speak! I can't wait. If you ever want a vacation you have a place to crash and the showcase is going to be loaded with music equptment... It's really an opportunity you can't miss...

This applies to everyone, however, once my buddy Devin is done with rehab in two months we are going to start touring right away... Our drummer just moved back from Europe, however still hoping between San Fran and San Diego so we don't have much to rehearse with... We have our own shit written, then we pass guitar and bass back between 'one weak' and 'birthmark' as a show opener. I'm so excited and can't hold still. Jai on drums, kick ass rythem - hence he's a black man... Then Devin - blone hair cracker on guitar. Then my stupid italian/english ass on bass. I hope our diverstity really helps.

Also, everyone, please remember this is for Chi - the songs will be sold on iTunes or where ever else... Our pitch is even if you don't dig the cover, then at least your donate helps a good cause...

Anyone come up with a name yet?

How about ChiBenifit? Fuck I don't know...

You know what, I should just move out there and find a place. I'm tired of MA. haha hows the job scene down there?

You guys got anything recorded?

I think the best way for us to do this will be to have Gina's hubby lay down the drum tracks to like linus, then pile on the guitar and bass tracks, and then me and some more people can do various vocals.

Also, we need to be careful about copyrights. If a label owns the rights to like linus, they aren't going to like it reguardless of wether or not it's for chi's benefit.

at least one original song would be mint. I've got about a zillion riffs stored in my head and words I would love to get out for chi.

13hourstoparadise

Honestly, LA is the shit! I fucking love it here. We've recorded a lot of music, some really good shit. We've also played open mics and a few local live shows.

They are saved in a Ableton file formate, not mp3 so I don't have the option to share it with you guys yet.

The job sence isn't too good, I have another 6 months of unemployment @ $550 /week.... I can't complain.

Gina,

Can you speak with someone regarding copyrights? Or can you have someone contact me?

TIA,

Patrick

13hourstoparadise

Mods:

Can this thread become a sticky? Or at least when a few songs are created and available for demo play?

Jesus2Chino

Don't know if this is a one track deal, but I'd love to do vocals on something. It seems dibs have been claimed on Like Linus, but if anything falls through I could definitely do that. You won't be disappointed, so let me know if I can do anything please! Cheers!

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

13hourstoparadise

Oh man, pick a song! We will gather what we can if you can lay down some vocals.

I think Deathblow would be a cool fucking track to cover...

Jesus2Chino

Yeah I have a little ProTools Mbox Pro set up at the apartment, nothing fancy but it gets the job done. When I get home after my exam tonight  I'll record a little clip of something just as like a sample. Whoot whoot!

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

13hourstoparadise

Hey, just sing/record the first verse and chours to Digital Sea by Thrice... I can then properly place your vocal range with an ideal song :)

Jesus2Chino

Alright, will do--just have to learn the song :P Just for reference (given I haven't sung in a band for some time now) I should be able to hit all the vocal highs in like Feiticiera, Digital Bath, Birthmark, etc. Though I don't want to say that as a matter of fact as it has been a while, I've just been playing mild folky acoustic stuff as of late.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt