Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Idea for oneloveforchi.com (attn: Gina, all)

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Apr 18, 2009, 04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

Oh, I hear ya... Metal is always a love, but it has been put on the back burner for more creative music.

I can't recall if 'Feliciera' has a cover - that would be fucking dope!!!

If you don't have time to learn Digital Sea, then how about 'Bored'?

Jesus2Chino

Either would be totally fine really...I was trying to look for something I had online, and all I came up with was my old band from highschool's myspace, http://www.myspace.com/pasticheband. The only track with vocals recorded is Life on Mars, a David Bowie cover, lol, the rest is just pure jamming. That was all live anywho, and sounds decent. That's not really my usual singing style, but it works for the song :P

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Jesus2Chino

On a side note, I'm getting all nostalgic now, haha. I want a band so bad.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

13hourstoparadise

I'm using an old pos eMac at the moment, Adobe flash isn't working so I can't hear your tracks as of now...

Also, I think it would help with buzz if people knew their was ideas for covered songs in brew. If that makes any fucking sense.

Xedora

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Apr 23, 2009, 12:33 AM

Much respect,
-Matt

That does it. I'm moving to Cali and You, Patrick(13 hours to paradise) and myself are starting a band.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Xedora on Apr 23, 2009, 12:59 AM
Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Apr 23, 2009, 12:33 AM

Much respect,
-Matt

That does it. I'm moving to Cali and You, Patrick(13 hours to paradise) and myself are starting a band.

YES!!!! Fuck man, make it happen. I sold all my material shit and just bought a one-way ticket. I've been sober, enjoying life... Plus I've already dated two beautiful women - I can't complain.

Jesus2Chino

Lol, funny enough, I'm based out of Mass half of the year while I'm at school, and I'm in Cali during my vacations.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

13hourstoparadise

You come to SoCal during those vacas?

I'm right in Hollywood.

13hourstoparadise

Oh yeah, and the whole sober thing... Scratch that, I'm rolling at this very moment... A friend had some mdma - so I had to test 'em out.

Jesus2Chino

Nah, I'm far away in Central Cali, Monterey County.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Livewire

Does no one on the board use GarageBand?

Xedora

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Apr 23, 2009, 01:04 AM
Lol, funny enough, I'm based out of Mass half of the year while I'm at school, and I'm in Cali during my vacations.

Much respect,
-Matt

Where in Mass? Let's jam.

i'm in weymouth.

Xedora

Also, Patrick, we should put Amanda's Song on itunes for purchase.

All money goes to chi's benefit.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Xedora on Apr 23, 2009, 03:29 AM
Also, Patrick, we should put Amanda's Song on itunes for purchase.

All money goes to chi's benefit.

I'm down... I completed the track 'valium' and have a few more. I lay down some lyrics, so does my roommate, but maybe you can see if you can add something or add harmony under the chours (hook).

Xedora

yea man. send whatever you got

xedora @ gmail

13hourstoparadise

I'm still waiting for some shit to be sent down to LA from Seattle... So it might be a week or so.

oneloveforchi

talked to chi's mom for awhile last night... told her about what you guys were doing with like linus and she is so excited to hear it. she sends thanks and appreciation.

one love for chi,
gina
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

defTHE1s

i'm up for this, i can add also guitar.
i'll rec some covers mentiones here (like linus, feiticeira, bored) and some others maybe, maybe this weekend, to see if they're good and share. Juste let me know what cover or song want to do. also isf it's a new song (i mean, original song), i can help also w/ my guitar.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

13hourstoparadise

I would say record what song you enjoy, then it appears we have enough people to collab with.

defTHE1s

ok, i'll do those and others i feel like. thx.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...