Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Idea for oneloveforchi.com (attn: Gina, all)

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Apr 18, 2009, 04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 23, 2009, 08:42 PM
ok, i'll do those and others i feel like. thx.

Thank you...

Gina, thanks for the update by the way. It was that added positive response that is making this a determined goal.

kameron632

hey i did a song to chi cheng on the main deftones page of this forum. Check it out

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 25, 2009, 03:25 AM
hey i did a song to chi cheng on the main deftones page of this forum. Check it out

Word, I'll check it out tomorrow when I have more time!

defTHE1s

Here is my contribution with the song Feiticeira on guitar.
Hope you like it, and hope this to be good. Is only guitar, so somebody can add the bass, drums and voice.
Feiticeira (Guitar)

I recorded it with my guitar plugged to the amp with overdrive and the amp plugged to the line-in/mic in the PC. Then I recorded it with Cool Edit Pro 2, and got a pretty decent result. As you noticed, no effects are used on this song because I still don't have any pedal/effects, just the overdrive provided by the amp.
If you guys need the wav file, just tell me.

I'm also working on Like Linus, Bored, Change and Digital Bath.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

kameron632

This is a song i wrote for Chi, it has no bass or vocals but if you guys want you can add it in

http://www.2shared.com/file/5480977/cc521bc/Shifter.html

sharinglungs

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 26, 2009, 05:41 AM
Hope you like it, and hope this to be good. Is only guitar, so somebody can add the bass, drums and voice.
Feiticeira (Guitar)

I recorded it with my guitar plugged to the amp with overdrive and the amp plugged to the line-in/mic in the PC. Then I recorded it with Cool Edit Pro 2, and got a pretty decent result. As you noticed, no effects are used on this song because I still don't have any pedal/effects, just the overdrive provided by the amp.

Its not gonna be good recording deftones songs without a distortion pedal

oneloveforchi

any tracks ready for vocals for ryan?

one love for chi,
gina
www.OneLoveForChi.com - Fundraising Site For Chi Cheng, Deftones Bass Player

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

Jesus2Chino

I don't know why, but my ProTools is crapped out. The little folder (icon) that opens with the program doesn't respond and thus the program can't perform any actions, recording, saving, nothing. I don't know what's going on, but I reported it to apple and I'm hoping for a response back. I'm not entirely sure where the installation disk is, but I'll look for it and see if I can't delete and then re-install it. I uploaded a little something I did that I thought would be nice for Chi. It's pretty rough, and I know I'm a little flat on some of the parts, but I love the song, so yeah. The link is here http://www.2shared.com/file/5497544/174ccba8/Starholemix.html. My guitar blows so if anyone has a nicer one that they'd want to lay down I'm all for it. Later.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

kameron632

Feiticeira (Guitar)

Hey I put drums on your feiticeira guitar thing.
I Can put drums on other stuff if you want me to

http://www.2shared.com/file/5497610/6f1045ad/Feiticeira.html

Xedora

I think I'm going to go to guitar center some time this week and buy a drumset just to record some of these tracks and then return it.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 26, 2009, 06:04 AM
Feiticeira (Guitar)

Its not gonna be good recording deftones songs without a distortion pedal

I use Cool Edit Pro too, I can add distortion. But god damnit, my power supply on my good computer crapped out again...

I'm bummed, but then again all the songs people have uploaded are great, so glad you all are around.

defTHE1s

@ sharinglungs:
sorry man, but that's all i can do for now, but imo it sounds good. i know that with cool edit pro i can add some effects, but maybe later. i'm short of time now.

@ kameron632:
wow.. you did a great job, i noticed that you addes some distortion to the guitar.. thanks..
and about the drums.. well, they're quite good.. in some parts the drums seem to be out of synch.. maybe you would like to add them again with more sync or maybe somebody can add organic drums to my track..

@ Xedora:
yeah! do it man!

@ 13hourstoparadise:
no worries man, maybe you can tell me how to add the distorsion myself if you can't do it by now..
but there's no rush at all..

and here's two versions of Digital Bath that i recorded yesterday: choose one of the two, i prefer the one that says "Final".
Digital Bath
Digital Bath (Final)

working on Change, Like Linus and Bored.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

Here is now my version of Change (In The House of Flies)
Change (ITHOF)

Hope you like it...

oneloveforchi

uhh... there is so much going on here with different songs etc.. who is running this show? haha..

ryan would like to take whatever is ready into the studio to record vocals.. but.. uh.. i am kinda lost in this thread...

chi's mom told me last night chi is responding to therapy.. he still isn't out of danger.. but his vitals are good. they are still trying to find the source of the infection.. so please keep the prayers/thoughts etc coming...

one love for chi,
gina

Do you search the web? If so, you could be raising $0.02 for Chi Cheng! Go To: http://isearch.igive.com/?s=28&c=51176

defTHE1s

Here are the other two songs: Bored and Like Linus.
Just choose between the two of the songs.. i think both are ok, but u may find some difference between them..
Like (Linus)
Like (Linus) Version2

Bored
Bored (Version2)

As soon as someone add bass and drums to the songs i've uploaded, or that someone have made and you can choose which one to add the vocals by ryan, Gina.

oneloveforchi

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 29, 2009, 10:19 PM
Just choose between the two of the songs.. i think both are ok, but u may find some difference between them..
Like (Linus)
Like (Linus) Version2

Bored
Bored (Version2)

As soon as someone add bass and drums to the songs i've uploaded, or that someone have made and you can choose which one to add the vocals by ryan, Gina.

cool.. he can add drums too.. he does both...

i will give these all to him..

thanks!

one love for chi,
gina

kameron632

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 29, 2009, 10:19 PM
Like (Linus)
Like (Linus) Version2

Bored
Bored (Version2)

Bored wit Drums

http://www.2shared.com/file/5555486/f0907990/Bored.html

bangbang240

I just wanted to offer my services... I run a recording studio based out of a converted master bedroom in my house and use protools, cubase, live, garageband and logic.. I have tons of mics and insruments. I also play guitar and bass and have drum recording capabilities.

I might mess around with some covers as well and upload what I come up with...

www.myspace.com/bangbang240 has some pics of my studio and the song on my profile is a demo from my band...

13hourstoparadise

kameron632

Quote from: bangbang240 on Apr 30, 2009, 09:47 AM
I just wanted to offer my services... I run a recording studio based out of a converted master bedroom in my house and use protools, cubase, live, garageband and logic.. I have tons of mics and insruments. I also play guitar and bass and have drum recording capabilities.

I might mess around with some covers as well and upload what I come up with...

www.myspace.com/bangbang240 has some pics of my studio and the song on my profile is a demo from my band...

Hey man im using an M-Audio Fast Track piece of crap, and i was wondering if you know any good EQ settings i could use to get good sound out of my guitar. Im using cubase