Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

WGTB Cover [Read First]

Started by kameron632, Apr 18, 2009, 03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kameron632

READ FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So i made a WGTB cover, took a while too, i dont have a 7 string so i had to tune down to Drop A#. Anyway I did the drums, guitar, and vocals. There is no bass becuz.....i have no bass, but soon there will be bass, my friend just has to come over and lay it down ya know. Well its on my bands myspace now. BEFORE YOU GO AND LISTEN: you must know that the songs on that page are old and dont very sound good, but if you wanna listen to it its cool. Oh and the only songs i contributed to are Break Through, Coke Machine, and WGTB (Cover). Idk why i wanted to say that.

http://www.myspace.com/vericoda

Leave some feedback, good or bad dont care, not the best singer i know  :D

sharinglungs

dont drown the vocals out with that weird effect.. make the vocals more listenable.

kameron632

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 18, 2009, 03:26 AM
dont drown the vocals out with that weird effect.. make the vocals more listenable.

thats actually the best i could get it to sound :/

Inkblades

pixElsblUr

the thing is, you know how to play the instruments.  there is a lot of effects on your voice, almost sounds like marillin manson but it needs work imo.

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Apr 18, 2009, 04:47 AM
the thing is, you know how to play the instruments.  there is a lot of effects on your voice, almost sounds like marillin manson but it needs work imo.

to much filter on your vocals.... its not bad though. what are you using for effects?

buddyboy101

kameron632

Vesanic

The music is pretty cool, you added something more to it, a good transition.

As for the vocals, this weird effect makes the song too creepy and you should just stick to the bunch of mad screamings Chino pulled off on the original.

Starz

You should have had that panning effect just before the bridge continue on throughout it. And like others have said, too much of a reverby effect on the vocals but I like it, drums sound tight.

kameron632

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Apr 18, 2009, 05:00 AM
Quote from: pixElsblUr on Apr 18, 2009, 04:47 AM

to much filter on your vocals.... its not bad though. what are you using for effects?

i had the EQ set on a phoneline effect (Telephone boys lol) and i had just a lil distortion on it.

Vesanic

Hey Kameron, the show you asked for is in the Download thread, just to let you know. ;)

kameron632

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hey Kameron, the show you asked for is in the Download thread, just to let you know. ;)

thanks man, been lookin for it for a while

Bergerac

I think Coke Machine and Break Through are way better than your other stuff, and I think you should focus on what made those two better. The WGTB cover would be pretty good if the guitars were playing the actual notes. LOL You're playing wrong notes during the verse, chorus and bridge. I think the vox and effectes are fine. Just play the right notes next time you record it.

Starz

I think someone like ToneDef did a cover of WGTB a few years ago and posted it on here? Is this true? I remember it being really good and I have lost the MP3 but would love to hear it again...

kameron632

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 19, 2009, 07:24 PM
I think Coke Machine and Break Through are way better than your other stuff, and I think you should focus on what made those two better. The WGTB cover would be pretty good if the guitars were playing the actual notes. LOL You're playing wrong notes during the verse, chorus and bridge. I think the vox and effectes are fine. Just play the right notes next time you record it.

Glad you like my other stuff. Coke Machine was kinda inspired by deftones. I'm not even really sure if i was playing WGTB right, becuz i just played by ear and wat i saw in a 
video. Thanks for your comment

tarkil

Quote from: Starz on Apr 19, 2009, 08:13 PM
I think someone like ToneDef did a cover of WGTB a few years ago and posted it on here? Is this true? I remember it being really good and I have lost the MP3 but would love to hear it again...

I think it was Subliminal (Liam), and it was awesome yes...
But I don't have it. You might be able to find it on Liam's youtube channel maybe (user name = subliminall I think).

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Starz

pixElsblUr

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 20, 2009, 06:39 AM
Quote from: Starz on Apr 19, 2009, 08:13 PM

I think it was Subliminal (Liam), and it was awesome yes...
But I don't have it. You might be able to find it on Liam's youtube channel maybe (user name = subliminall I think).

yea, i remember him, I saw his rats! cover, it was pretty sweet

13hourstoparadise

Yeah, I dig it. Nice work...