Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Anyone here excited for the Informers?

Started by mss009, Apr 22, 2009, 06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mss009

It comes out on Friday the 24th.

Huge fan of Ellis, so I'll be there opening night.

-Mike

theis

Big fan of Ellis' work and I've loved his movie adaptions so far. this looks great too.

mss009

Man, I was really stoked. But, I came across this:

According to Fox News, Ellis and Jarecki had spent three years working on a script and prepping the film for release, and Jarecki was set to direct. The film was supposed to be "an absurdist, lighthearted, and expansive satire." When producers replaced Jarecki with Australian director Gregor Jordan, the tone of the film strayed away from Ellis and Jarecki's original premise to become something that the cast and writers were embarrassed of. Amid concerns about the budget and about sex and violence (much like that of Ellis' earlier adaptation, American Psycho), the vampire subplot was excised from the movie entirely along with actor Brandon Routh, who played a vampire. Jordan's final movie, which has been critically reviled, became "some terrible, dark meditation" under his interpretation of the script. Jordan also reportedly cut the script down from Ellis' original 150 pages to only 94.[1]

"It's hard to tell now, but it was supposed to be like criminals and vampires and girls and young people. There were things I recognized, and a lot that I missed. But it's the director's version of the script, and that's just how it is."
    —Bret Easton Ellis on The Informers.

Kinda cut the excitement for me. It's shameful things like this happen in Hollywood. He's such a genius.

bright lights, big city

well since I loved American Psycho, I'll check this out.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

mss009

I'm watching it tonight. Pretty stoked. I just wish they kept Jamie the Vampire in the movie.

-Mike