Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Release Deftones Documentary for Chi

Started by bloody_liver, Apr 25, 2009, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody_liver

They should really push to have the unreleased film Entertain Me: A Film About Deftones

Use funds raised for Chi.

I know a lotta people always wanted to see this movie get released on DVD and I think that now's probably the best time.

deftonekid

I think that's a great idea. I'd definitely buy it.

ApiX

13hourstoparadise

downtownpony

Sounds awesome, I'll see what I can do.

Timmy666

Jesus2Chino

Haha, I remember at the Self-Titled release show and party in Sacto like years ago, some of the Deftones roadies told me that they were working on the DVD and that they were talking about releasing it a few months after the show. Any official Deftones DVD is long passed overdue, I would it in an instant, hell, I'd buy two of them for Chi. They must have years and years of awesome footage now, it would be an incredible DVD--even beter, a set.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

M1GHTY M4VS

Starz

I hope we're not using Chi's current situation as an exscuse for the Deftones to release a documentary fans have been waiting years to see...

Nebontha

QuoteThey should really push to have the unreleased film Entertain Me: A Film About Deftones

Use funds raised for Chi.

I know a lotta people always wanted to see this movie get released on DVD and I think that now's probably the best time.
I myself was thinking about this about a week ago.  It definitely sounds like a good idea!  The most realistic one so far, as well...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Vesanic

Quote from: downtownpony on Apr 25, 2009, 07:14 AM
Sounds awesome, I'll see what I can do.

What d'you mean ?

Yeah, this documentary... I've always wondered how great it is. The trailer really gets the mind on, looks like Andrew Bennett has understood everything about Deftones spirit.

Hidalgo

Slacker

i know it would help, but i remember deftones saying that the movie didnt had a solid storyline, and it only seemed like ramdom footage of touring life...

it  would be good for money raise, but a faliure in artistic terms and ethic.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Starz on Apr 25, 2009, 03:15 PM
I hope we're not using Chi's current situation as an exscuse for the Deftones to release a documentary fans have been waiting years to see...

the man's got a point

Jesus2Chino

I don't think his intention is to leverage anything out of the band based on Chi's situation, but simply pointing out that it would be an easy way (it should be easy enough to throw together considering we've heard of it being worked on for some time now) for the band and label to raise money for Chi.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

jesusinabowlofdirt

im sure they have some money to donate without releasing a film

bloody_liver

Quote from: Starz on Apr 25, 2009, 03:15 PM

not necessarily. my intentions are pretty sincere to be honest.

skinnypuppy

Warner doesn't want to release it, and neither do Deftones. It's an amazing film that doesn't paint a band image on the band at all; I don't know why they refuse to let it go.

bloody_liver

Andrew Bennett directed it.
He also worked with the band previously on Digital Bath and Hexagram.
So maybe he could produce a live DVD of the band or something.

Timmy666

This is a wonderful idea. This would raise lots of dough for the Cheng family. Aint nothing wrong with that.