Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swine flu.

Started by lostpilot, Apr 26, 2009, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jun 13, 2009, 06:07 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Jun 12, 2009, 12:33 AM
well. jerry is calling the move by the WHO stupid.

so what kind of critique is that actually?

im saying they have a definition of what a pandemic is. they decided that swine flu fullfilled this definition.

if you just give the WHO 10 seconds and read their definition you will see that it has absoluteley nothing to do with its ability of being lethal.

the guys at WHO aren`t stupid. they know this virus isn`t as dangerous as some people feared at the beginning.

everyone just calm down and stop the bite reflex when the name WHO is dropped.

jesus

yeah, but people are just going to read the parts about "meaning the global epidemic has begun" or just simply the word "pandemic," not their definition of it.  that's the message that's going to come across, not that it's not really a big deal.  it's still fear mongering simply to sell vaccines.

not a problem and the fault of the who. plz go and blame your media for it.

all articles i read on the issue in german media clearly said that H5N1 almost always takes a harmless process.

i just randomly searched for an example:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/12/world/12who.html?_r=1

3rd break: "But the pandemic is "moderate" in severity, she noted, with the overwhelming majority of patients experiencing only mild symptoms and a full recovery, often in the absence of any medical treatment"

i can only assume two things:
1.)you read the wrong media
2.)the people around you never learned to read properly and make good interpretations.

should the media adopt to the niveau of those retards just because they cant read and understand texts?

oh and i want to remind you who actually foments panic. let me just quote:

"Since when did nature create a flu that is a mix of human, bird, and swine flu...this is all orchestrated."
(by jerry, see page 2) the first assoziation i have with "orchestrated" is of course "orchestra" whats are the attributes of orchestras? they are a perfectly and rationally planed entireness. only humans are capable to make orchestras. so jerry thinks this flu was created by evil humans.
woaaahhh!!! im scared.

btw: this argumentation is just so typical for jerry. it has its roots in the time of the "black death" where jews were burned because people blamed them for being responsible for the plague.
dont understand me wrong. jerry isnt pointing at the jews. the structure of his argument remains the same.

oh and please please quote me. jerry will go nuts when he reads that i, again, accused him for using secondary antisemitism. :D

wither-I

a cousin of mine got the flu and has recovered well and vacationing in bali. he said it was better than a bad cold.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 18, 2009, 12:34 PM

im saying they have a definition of what a pandemic is. they decided that swine flu fullfilled this definition.

if you just give the WHO 10 seconds and read their definition you will see that it has absoluteley nothing to do with its ability of being lethal.

the guys at WHO aren`t stupid. they know this virus isn`t as dangerous as some people feared at the beginning.

jesus

yeah, but people are just going to read the parts about "meaning the global epidemic has begun" or just simply the word "pandemic," not their definition of it.  that's the message that's going to come across, not that it's not really a big deal.  it's still fear mongering simply to sell vaccines.

all articles i read on the issue in german media clearly said that H5N1 almost always takes a harmless process.

3rd break: "But the pandemic is “moderate” in severity, she noted, with the overwhelming majority of patients experiencing only mild symptoms and a full recovery, often in the absence of any medical treatment"

2.)the people around you never learned to read properly and make good interpretations.

should the media adopt to the niveau of those retards just because they cant read and understand texts?

"Since when did nature create a flu that is a mix of human, bird, and swine flu...this is all orchestrated."
(by jerry, see page 2) the first assoziation i have with "orchestrated" is of course "orchestra" whats are the attributes of orchestras? they are a perfectly and rationally planed entireness. only humans are capable to make orchestras. so jerry thinks this flu was created by evil humans.
woaaahhh!!! im scared.

btw: this argumentation is just so typical for jerry. it has its roots in the time of the "black death" where jews were burned because people blamed them for being responsible for the plague.
dont understand me wrong. jerry isnt pointing at the jews. the structure of his argument remains the same.

oh and please please quote me. jerry will go nuts when he reads that i, again, accused him for using secondary antisemitism. :D
dude, its not about reading the right media.  Have you ever experienced the media in the US?  I can't even think of a word strong enough to describe how fucked up it is.  The mass of people in America are too stupid, or too blind to see how fucked up their media is.  And they are also too fucked up to do any independent research away from the major media outlets.  So that is why this is so infuriating. 

Jerry is mad because he knows that when the majority of US citizens see the word Pandemic, they freak the fuck out.  The CDC knows this and the media outlets know this.  That is why we are so pissed off and fed up with the fucking swine flu.  Because every fucking person I know ( remember I work in the medical field ) comes to me freaking out about swine flu and waste my mask that I have to report the exact numbers I had sitting on my shelves to the Navy surgeon general 3 times a day, just because someone coughs or sneezes.  Its fucking fear mongering and you know it. 

And for real, you should quit with the antisemitism bull shit.  Its fucking annoying and you're stretching it far beyond the point of illegitimacy.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

There Will Be Blood

i'm still waiting to get the bird flu

tarkil

You should suck more cocks I guess then....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nailec

Quote from: Variable on Jun 21, 2009, 01:17 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Jun 18, 2009, 12:34 PM

jesus

3rd break: "But the pandemic is “moderate” in severity, she noted, with the overwhelming majority of patients experiencing only mild symptoms and a full recovery, often in the absence of any medical treatment"

woaaahhh!!! im scared.

dude, its not about reading the right media.  Have you ever experienced the media in the US?  I can't even think of a word strong enough to describe how fucked up it is.  The mass of people in America are too stupid, or too blind to see how fucked up their media is.  And they are also too fucked up to do any independent research away from the major media outlets.  So that is why this is so infuriating. 

Jerry is mad because he knows that when the majority of US citizens see the word Pandemic, they freak the fuck out.  The CDC knows this and the media outlets know this.  That is why we are so pissed off and fed up with the fucking swine flu.  Because every fucking person I know ( remember I work in the medical field ) comes to me freaking out about swine flu and waste my mask that I have to report the exact numbers I had sitting on my shelves to the Navy surgeon general 3 times a day, just because someone coughs or sneezes.  Its fucking fear mongering and you know it. 

And for real, you should quit with the antisemitism bull shit.  Its fucking annoying and you're stretching it far beyond the point of illegitimacy.

when i see some bad and dangerous argumentation, i point my finger on it. y shouldn`tIi?

no one of you ever tried to attack my arguments, it was just pure lame rants against me.

if you are naiv enough and only call someone an antisemit, when he or she actually killed jews, that is not my problem. go and read what science says on this topic.

dont you think there is a certain analogy between jerrys explanation of the swine flu and the explanation of the black death some hundred years ago? it is so typical for conspiracy theories that they try to make a small group responsible for the evil in the world.

-CIA/jews did 911
-iraq war was fought for oil
-americans never went to the moon
-etc. pp. you name it

conspiracy theories are an abbreviated way to explain the world and complex structures. thus they often enough make some minorities or individuals responsible for all the shit in the world. and i think that those tendencies that often enough threaten minorities, have to be countered. no tolerance for the intolerant.

dont you think there is a connection between all these statements made by jerry?

-he makes evil people responsible for the flu
-he quoted from american free press, a clearly antisemitic website
-he is a fan of alex jones, someone, who gives people like Cristopher Bollyn or David Icke a forum, who has several links to americanfreepress etc. (if you dont know these names, google them)
-Jerry once even opposed Zionism which is often enough just another way to say "i hate jews" (if not it reveals a lack of historical knowledge and an urgent need to study the jewish history)

i must say i have a pretty good collection of evidence against jerry and you tell me i am stretching all this?

ok this post must be a chaos, but i dont have any more time now. just keep on defending jerry and discuss with him as he if he is a rational subject.

Variable

Ok.  I don't know how to break the bad news to you.  But not every form of antigovernment or antisocial view points are anti Semitic.  Just the same how you think its ridiculous that every piece of news some people come across, they make into a conspiracy theory.  I thinks its completely ridiculous that you somehow make almost any statement that anyone makes into " ahhhh I hate jews ahhhh! "  even when it clearly has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Hes talking about swine flu man, not black death.  Hes bringing up questions about how a nearly harmless disease got so much world wide attention.  How overnight this shit was knows world wide even though it had only been fatal to 3 Mexican citizens at the time. How the white house, CDC, FEMA and anyone else that knew ( or are supposed to know ) what they are talking about said that it wasn't a big deal and they weren't worried about it.  But it still got non stop coverage in the news.  How regular flu killed around 36,000 people this past flu season alone, but no isolation or quarantine or anything like that at all.  How in a time of economic peril and losing quarters for everyone, tamiflu sales skyrocketed due to fear.  YOU brought up the jews and this and that.  Not Jerry.

To me, it is about 1000x more crazy to NOT ask questions and bring up the possibility of foul play with all the things that don't add up about H1N1.  Oh yeah, they even changed the name of the disease when it was hurting pork sales.  Can't fuck with the money.

And also to me, it seems that someone has brainwashed you.  Its kind of sad actually, that you seem to be incapable of looking at the world in any other way than "OMG you guys!!!!! everyone is out to get Jews!!!!!!"  Its just not true man.  You need to get over it and get past it. 

-Oh, and the war in Iraq was about oil.  Among other things like defense contracts for private defense companies like the one our former vice president owned.  ( how can anyone still deny this? )
-Prove to me that you know who actually did 911
-Prove to me that Americans DID go to the moon.  You might also be interested to know that official governments of the UN ( like Japan for example. ) Dont believe America went to the moon either and are trying to disprove it by sending probes to look for the rovers.  But the Japanese are probably all just Jew haters too and are somehow sticking it to the jews by trying to get the historical record correct.  Ass holes. 

Jerry_Curls

^ Round of applause. You have a way with words..I bet that tongue does wonders!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

lol, oh it does.  I eat vagina like a champ.

Jerry_Curls

So 600 million swine flu vaccinations will be ready at the beginning of fall....I will not be taking this.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

downtownpony

what are you gonna do??

Variable

not take the vaccine.............thats what I will do.  Thank god I work in medical and the Navy can't make me take it.  I mean they can say I have to, but I can just document that I did even though I really didn't.  And ill bet you anything that I don't die from swine flu.

I swear this is a fact ( I just don't have time to look it up now ) but the last time the government made a vaccine for swine flue ( in the 70s ) the vaccine killed more people than the disease did......

Jacob

so appearantly there's a big scare that the flu will hit Sweden soon and lots of people will get sick. there's one guy in critical condition right now, I haven't heard what's happened over the last two days but I don't think he'll survive. still, that's only one guy. most likely it won't be a big outbreak like media makes it sound like.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

Do you know how old he is?

Nailec

so i am working for a newspaper at the moment and our editorial office got a mail that there is a new case of swine flu in our area.
we got a total of 4 now, whole germany counts 1818.

no one felt it was worth an article :D

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on Jul 22, 2009, 09:43 PM
good

on another note.  Have you looked up the statistics to see if h1n1 is infecting jews more than any other race?  You know, so that you can call it an anti semite disease.   

Jerry_Curls

I haven't heard/read of swine flu cases in Israel...they must have created it!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Subliminal

No one seems to notice that Australia never seems to have any of these kind of problems *raises eyebrow*

I think the mass hysteria going on in the UK right now is a joke, they're diagnosing anyone with Flu symptons as having Swine Flu, it's stupid, so people are getting a fever, sore throat etc. and being told they have Swine Flu.

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 12:41 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Jul 22, 2009, 09:43 PM
good

on another note.  Have you looked up the statistics to see if h1n1 is infecting jews more than any other race?  You know, so that you can call it an anti semite disease.  

hahahahahahahaha

"coming into the nearness of distance"