Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swine flu.

Started by lostpilot, Apr 26, 2009, 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

I'm actually the guy that makes this happen.  Remember I do work in Navy medicine.  I'm actually waking up early tomorrow because I'm administering the vaccine to all my marines in the morning.  This is seriously no big deal.  I have been getting mandatory flu shots for years.  Since before I joined the military.  All health care workers, military, and elderly are usually mando for the flu shots.  It has nothing to do with h1n1.  Its the same as the annual flu shots we have all been getting for decades.

Jerry_Curls

Fosho...I just remember you saying you weren't gonna take the hini shot.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

and I wont.  I dont take the mando anthrax shots either.  To be honest, I might not even take this flu shot.  Its the Nasal mist.  I like the shot better.  The Nasal mist is a live virus and can legit get you sick.  The shot is dead and only gets you sick in your head

But thats a power I have because I'm medical and I can just write down whatever I want in my record.  Of course me being me, if any of my marines had any real reasons to not want these shots other than being scarred of needles, I would do the same for them.  I'm telling you guys, not all of us in the military - government are bad

devilinside

flu shots are teh suck! I feel like shit afterwards.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Variable on Oct 01, 2009, 06:03 AM
I'm telling you guys, not all of us in the military - government are bad

And you have proven that fact to me a long time ago. I appreciate your insight and knowledge, it helps me understand some things better. What I want to know is if there are more you in the military.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

You would be surprised actually.  A lot of my friends are like minded.  Also a lot just didnt know any better but after you explain a couple things to them they become much more aware of what is really going on.  Its usually just religion that is the breaking point actually. 

Starz

My girlfriend has been diagnosed with Swine Flu and she is very ill. I see her a lot and I am a diabetic and a little worried about getting Swine Flu because it will cause huge problems for me. I will still refuse to take the Tamiflu though or any other Flu related vaccine

Variable

Well bro tamiflu is not a vaccine its an anti viral.  Just like taking penicillin for strep throat or a z pack for a sinus infection.  So if you did get the flu and someone wanted you to take tamiflu, I would.  There is really no danger to that.  The vaccine would be a shot they gave you to make sure you didn't get it in the first place.  For my own reasons I don't want to take that.I don't really understand how you diabetes would complicate the flu though?  I mean I can see how it wouldn't help.  Maybe if your sugar is really high I can see how some of your immune system wouldn't be working right.  But how bad is your diabetes?  Are you able to keep it under control?

And yeah so I took my flu mist and I feel just fine.  Just as expected.  I havent had any of my marines claim to be sick either. 

Starz

My diabetes has been pretty well controlled lately. I used to get the annual flu shot every year just like the old folks do, but after reading some shit about the flu shot (it contains mercury etc) I decided that I wouldn't take it anymore. I don't think it's healthy putting that shit in my body year after year...

The only danger I guess for a diabetic and the flu is that when you get the flu you lose your appetite and diabetics have to eat all the time to maintain their sugar levels. But I'm a pretty healthy person who looks after himself so If I DO get the flu I don't think it will be that much of a problem for me. Its just taking the vaccine for Swine Flu which I know they will try and make me take because I'm more 'vulnerable' to it.

Variable

that makes perfect sense to me

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Starz on Oct 04, 2009, 04:10 AM*stuff*

That has to be the most badass sig in the history of the internet.

Variable

Im totally confused as to why you quoted that to say that

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

To specify who I was talking to, I think.

Variable

theis

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

devilinside

my daughter was just diagnosed with h1n1,but other than a fever and cough,she's a regular 5 year old girl...happy,playing..etc.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I now know three people that have had it and haven't taken the vaccine. Guess what. They were in bed for a week and DIDN'T DIE! LOLOLOL AMAZING RITE?

bright lights, big city

supposedly now this is more lethal than the regular flu. i still doubt it.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

the regular flu is more lethal.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep