stockpiling in FY2009 and the ongoing recovery
of the prescription rate for seasonal influenza..."

HMMMM.....how did they know this?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Nailec

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 30, 2009, 10:44 PM
Exactly...criticizing him on FALSE facts. Ron Paul stands for LIBERTY and FREEDOM...unlike the presidents we've had for the past 20 years. 

I know this video has nothing to do with "Swine Flu" [US officials have decided to change the name of the flu to 2009 H1N1 flu] but its something we should all see...

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m68lUe40nXI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m68lUe40nXI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And whats with the WHO [World Health Organization] raising the the flu up to level 5? One step below a full blown pandemic...wtf....don't give in, resist flu shots.

@whoudunit: here is your proof of jerry hating the jews. just watch the video he posted. and of course its not an open antisemitism as we know from nazi-germany.

whoever thinks that your own property is something noone has the right to take away should reflect on all the processes involved that gave you this property and tell me if everything with that process is completely fine. or could it be that there were some injustices with capitalistic that accumulate money by exploiting others and perhaps it is a good thing ov the government to take taxes and give them away to those who really need your money (may it be in your own country or another country).

im really wondering that some of you, who i thought would be critics of capitalism, support the idea of liberalism that much.

someone who influenced me is John Rawls. especially his concept of the "original position" and his two principles of justice.

@topic: just dont underestemate the media. try to be attentive of what is just silly panic-news or could be lobbying but i think the who has reasons to do so. they dont know the flu that well so y should they say that everything will be ok.

Jerry_Curls

Actually, I don't hate jews. Sorry...you're mistaken.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Nailec

Jerry_Curls

mmmmm....nope. You're still wrong.

Can you stop with the slandering? The only people I hate are the globalists and black people. Not jews. Get it straight.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Nailec

i still havent understand that antisemitism can work without jews and has many other faces.

why dont u just try to find out in how far your video could be antisemitic...
(i dont really know, why Badnarik brought this example as liberalism could be explained very good without antisemitic examples.)

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 30, 2009, 05:02 AM
Quote from: Variable on Apr 30, 2009, 03:08 AM
Quote from: wither-I on Apr 30, 2009, 12:43 AM
awesome videos. thanks trey! if i may call you trey, noticing the board elite does so ;)
yeah bro.  I prefer it for people to call me by my name, and vice versa.  But no one really does it around here so its hard for me to learn - remember names.
hello, my name is mark. i think swine flu is bogus. i like sports. and i enjoy drinking beer.

*passes mic to next person*
Quote from: wither-I on Apr 30, 2009, 05:31 AM
im a kyle
Mark and Kyle.  Funny how I'm pretty sure we have been talking for a year or more and I never knew that.  Ill try to remember.  I just fucking suck at names.
Quote from: Nailec on Apr 30, 2009, 12:08 PM

no need to insult me that hard. it was just some info i got during the time where the presidental candidates have been introduced. not really sure about this. but in the first video he clearly says that marriage is a religious thing (which just describes the origin of this institution) and we both know how the religous leaders of this discourse think on that issue...

anyways. he seems to be a very strong libertarian and i dont think i could become comfortable with this position. (although you surely have to differ between debates where liberalism is one position)
I really wasn't trying to be insulting.  I just come off like that sometimes.  Guess I kind of have a condescending personality.  Plus I ( and obviously others ) get pretty defensive when it comes to the guy.  I have invested a lot of time trying to get to know the true Ron Paul to see if he really is as great as I think he is.  So far, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

But on the gay marriage thing.  I think what he is trying to say is that the issue is irrelevant to the federal government.  Marriage is a religious practice.  So if a church wants to wed homosexuals, cool.  If not, cool.  That is their freedom to do as they choose.  But the federal government should not be involved in such a thing because it is way overstepping their boundaries.  But he does believe in true freedoms , liberties, and rights for all.  So he believes that homosexuals and heterosexuals alike should share the same rights.  So if heterosexuals get tax breaks and hospital visitation rights ect ect for getting married under their religious institutions, then so should homosexuals. 

He mentioned that marriage is defined in the dictionary, thus we don't need to define it through the government.  I looked up marriage on http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marriage and although it had many definitions that specifically said a man and a woman.  There were plenty that did not.  I thought this was a good one " A union between persons that is recognized by custom or religious tradition as a marriage. "  So by his own words, this among many other definitions defines marriage and we should respect that.  Ron Paul may have lifestyle habits and religious beliefs that do not agree with a lot of people in America.  But the beauty of him is that he does not believe in letting that affect his political decisions.  He will defend your rights even if he doesn't personally agree with them.  I have even seen him refuse to say bad things about homosexuals when people tried using his religious beliefs against him to get him to say bad things about homosexuals like " well doesn't the bible say that homosexuality is a sin?" He gracefully denies to fall into such traps.  Because politics and religious beliefs are two separate things to a true conservative and republican.  The world could learn a lot from him.  Ron Paul always defaults to the constitution.  And I know that if gay marriage went to the supreme court, they would legalize it. 

As far as him being a libertarian , no.  He is a republican and has been for many years.  He is a true republican, and a true conservative.  You are just not used to seeing a true republican and conservative anymore because they rarely exist anymore.
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 30, 2009, 10:44 PM
Exactly...criticizing him on FALSE facts. Ron Paul stands for LIBERTY and FREEDOM...unlike the presidents we've had for the past 20 years.

I know this video has nothing to do with "Swine Flu" [US officials have decided to change the name of the flu to 2009 H1N1 flu] but its something we should all see...

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m68lUe40nXI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m68lUe40nXI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And whats with the WHO [World Health Organization] raising the the flu up to level 5? One step below a full blown pandemic...wtf....don't give in, resist flu shots.

Another interesting video...
http://snardfarker.ning.com/video/breaking-news-loss-of-civil

good video.  Very good point.

Variable

Oh and hosh.  I asked a doctor I worked with today more about the virus mutating.  I guess the flu virus actually mutates a lot.  Thats why the flu shot doesnt always work ( obviously thats the simple answer ) But chances are that even if it does mutate, it will be no big deal.  Just yet another flu strand that is susceptible to antivirals and traditional treatments. 

The main thing to remember, is that this flu is no different than the regular seasonal flu that you have been exposed to since you were born. It is no more lethal or infectious.

The reason that people started paying attention to it ( to which the media heard about and blew WAY out of proportion ) Is that swine flu happens every year.  But usually only from pig to pig.  Occasionally is moves from pig to human but stops there.  Very rarely does it move from pip to pip to pig to human to human to human.  So it raised some eyebrows at the WHO and CDC and CNN had a field day with it.  Lame. 

and nailec, the news shouldn't care be cause all the healthcare experts and disease experts are not very concerned about it.  Thats why the news should ignore it.

oh and bud, that video was in no way antisemitic.  He was just using the Jews in Nazi Germany as an example of why it is bad to wait to stand up for your rights.  It was an example of not standing up for yourself earlier, and paying the price.  He was trying to say " lets never let this shit happen again " and somehow all you heard was " fuck jews "  You need to get over your super sensitivity to people talking about Jews.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Careful of the Bacon AIDS, fellas.

Nailec

Quoteoh and bud, that video was in no way antisemitic.  He was just using the Jews in Nazi Germany as an example of why it is bad to wait to stand up for your rights.  It was an example of not standing up for yourself earlier, and paying the price.  He was trying to say " lets never let this shit happen again " and somehow all you heard was " fuck jews "  You need to get over your super sensitivity to people talking about Jews.

hehe i will say it again. modern antisemitism is more subliminal than u think. i believe him that Badnarik doesnt want Auschwitz to happen again (see Adornors new categorial imperative: to arrange our circumstances that auschwitz never happens again). nonetheless he made an antisemitic argument which is the following:

making the jews responsible to a certain extend on their elimination. what he says is histrocial revisionism that would make every survivor of the shoah slap you in the face.

1.)antisemitic ressentiment wasnt something that hitler invented. it has a long tradition with roots in the Judas-story of the bible. by the time Hitler came to the might, it was something very common (not only) amongst germans. this antisemitism was amplified by the world financial crisis and its interpretation by the nazis. (a lot of actual comments on the financial crisis use antisemitic arguments, too. of course the minority of managers arent jews but they are assaulted with identical reproaches as the nazis made to the jews. if you say that all managers are responsible for the crisis because they want to rule the world with all their money there is no difference to the jewish cliché. an adequate analysis would see the managers as a result of the problem that caused the crisis)

2.)there was a jewish resitance in nazi germany. he says they made no attempt to confront hitler. i dont think they would have been able to do so at anytime. what hitler wrote was widely accepted making it impossible for jews to stand up against him.

3.)whats the shit he says about the star of david. i dont know exactly when this was brought up in nazi germany but i am sure the jews didnt feel pride or anything. they had fear and the tried to escape from germany. the david star meant just more trouble to them. it aimed to humiliate them, not to make them walk through the streets of germany with their nose to the air.

4.)how can he dare to say that jews didnt defend theirselves from the events of reichskristallnacht? by claiming this he gives the jews a part of reponsibility of what happened to them and this idea is disturbing. SS, SA and many many more other violent germans arent something, u can stand up against with no weapons at all. its not that there was a jewish army in germany. they tried to assimilate into the society. a necessary condition of freedom is the ability to be autonom. in so far, yeah the jews had a problem with freedom. their problem surely wasnt that they havent made use of their freedom. they had no freedom at all.

5.)conclusio: Badnarik bases his argumentation on very dangerous ground. why does he choose this example? it was the worst thing to do in order to tell us that freedom is a good thing. he fails to see that they are differences between our situation and the historical situation of the jews in nazi germany. by even comparing those situations he relativizes the holocaust and makes himself an antisemit. the problem of the jews was not that didnt had the balls to stand up against their surpressors.

6.)out of those historical events it is necessary to be super sensitive when people start speaking about jews. espeacially when you live in germany and have that special responsibilty.

7.) badnariks term of liberty is pretty weak. actually the only thing he adresses is the right to posess something and to defend your posessions. at 2:48 he clearly says that we are able to say "no". the speaks way to abstract. he should use examples. there is a difference between cutting your freedom to posess a gun and the freedom of speech. its very important to differ between these things. therefore i think its dangerous to say that liberty/freedom is the absolutely highes value we have. liberty and equality are dichtomous. none of them can be identified with pure justice.

Nailec

oh probablly one of the most important thing, i forgot to mention.

is he adressing the whole american people? how can u think of a scenario like the holocaust to be commited on yourself? i mean it was done by the majority on a minority. i highly doubt, americans would kill themselves at some point. of course you still can cut a lot of freedom without the people to go crazy and this progress has to be critizized. but you cant think of a genocide commited on yourself. in so far his comparision is even worse.

Variable

Ok.  After reading that it is now clear to me that you have absolutely misinterpreted what the guy was trying to say.  I don't know if its because of a language barrier or just because he used Jews as an example and you are like the worlds most sensitive Jew ever.  He could have used the African slave trade as an example and you would probably totally be ok with it.

Long story short.  We have a government to protect us.  Police, Military, and Law.  Our government protects our property, rights, freedoms, liberties, ect ect.  What he is trying to say is " What happens when government stops protecting you, and starts taking advantage of you? "  This is most classically shown in Jews not having a nation of their own pre WW2.  And the result was catastrophic.  So of course he is going to use the Holocaust as an example, it is the most relevant example to what he is trying to communicate.  Regardless of if you and some super paranoid author you read get offended every time someone says the world Jew or not.

Nailec

im not a jew ;)

and i agree. holocaust happened because (this now made sound stupid or flat) everyone became evil, even the law.

and i wouldnt be fine if he used the african slave trade as an example. they also had no chance to escape that because if inferior technology.

this guy is a libertarian and uses this example to justify liberalism.

imperialism and nazism are ideologies that go much farther than being a problem of liberties. of course both ideologies massively violted liberties of people. but again. cutting those liberties is one part of the whole. its not the aim. the aim of imperialists or nazis wasnt to steal everyones liberties. this was just a necessary ingredient.
just as both ideologies didnt give a shit about equality, human dignity etc.

there is nothing wrong with his message to watch your liberties and freedom. the historical situations are just so totally different that it is so damn wrong to compare. there was no such thing as a critical public sphere that could have helped the africans/jews. the difference between the societies is something you have to reflect before comparing them. it is possible that we go back to a society without democracy and its benefits but this is something i dont see at the moment. therefore it is nothing more than a polemic.

the problem i have with the video is not the message. i just doubt that the jews ever had the chance to prevent what was following because they had no supporters. today we are talking about things that seem to be ridiculous compared to that. whether or not we should be allowed to have guns or how much income a top manager could get. those controversies hit the whole society and not just a minority that noone cares about.

to care for others should be a consequence of the holocaust. radical liberlism cant accomplish that. social democracy can for the price of some liberties.

devilinside

My son got a newsletter today from the school board talking about this. But there are no cases in Tn. But they did close down a few schools in Nashville cause people showed "flu like symptoms". Fuck,I should make my kid act sick so school will be closed for a week.

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/

Up to date with state confirmations.

whodunit?

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on May 01, 2009, 12:31 AM

Can you stop with the slandering? The only people I hate are the globalists and black people. Not jews. Get it straight.

fuckin' racist.

defskull

Haha my mom just called to make sure I'm washing my hands more because of swine flu.  When she said this I laughed and she got upset that I wasn't taking it serious.

Crazylegs

Quote from: whodunit? on May 01, 2009, 11:09 PM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on May 01, 2009, 12:31 AM

fuckin' racist.

irony and the internet don't mix.

Crazylegs

I just saw the best headline ever on this norwegian news site:

"Norwegian woman does not have swine-flu"

shit! we better watch out.

defTHE1s

*gets the mic that was lost somewhere*
hi, i'm beto. i live in mexico and i don't (still) have swine flu. peace.

*gives the mic to another person*

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...