Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

2009 Sharing Lungs Music Draft (Discussion)

Started by theis, Apr 27, 2009, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

This thread is for the discussion of the first SL Music Draft ever.

Few Pieces of info:

1. I will begin sign-ups right at this moment.
2. Ths is how it works: Everyone chooses ten artists, in an order chosen at random, then once everyone has chosen said artists, voting begins, winner gets to move on to the next round, winner of the draft gets bragging rights.
3. Only musical artists are permitted to be drafted: Composers, solo artists, bands. Fictitious acts should be drafted at your own risk. Diverse lists are recommended, hardly anyone will vote for a list that consists of just one type of music.
4. Please copy and paste the round chart below when you post your picks. I am the only one running this, so let's make it easy on me. Thanks.

1. (member name)
Round 1:
Round 2:
Round 3:
Round 4:
Round 5:
Round 6:
Round 7:
Round 8:
Round 9:
Round 10:

Any other questions, just ask 'em. You can either PM them to me, or post them in this thread.

IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE DRAFT, PLEASE RESPOND TO ME BY PM!
SIGN-UPS WILL CLOSE IN ABOUT 48 HOURS.

Please note: This thread is ONLY for the discussion of the draft and the picks you make. I will make a seperate thread for the main draft when I've gathered a list of people who are interested in being a part of this.

I hope as many as possible are in on this. It could be FUN.

lostpilot

I might sound absurd but I don't get this. Why is this being made? What is this?
My profound skills in english is be not too useful here.

theis

Haha, it's just a game...all in good fun.

if, like, 15 people wants to play, i'll make a random list of people's names going from 1 to 15. the first one on the list picks a band/artist. then it's the next persons turn to pick one. Once an artist/band has been picked you CANNOT pick that one.

When everyone has a list of 10 bands/artists the "battle" will begin. I'll team people up against each other. One list versus another. Then the rest of the board will VOTE for their favorite list. The person who gets the most votes will move on to round 2.

In the end we'll have a winner.

Like I said, just for fun...

Hope that explains it.

lostpilot

whodunit?

lostpilot

theis

defskull

I'm actually not following.  So right now I could pick ten random artists I like, right?  Then I will go up against another member here and everyone else will vote on who has better taste in music?  Is that what it is?  Or battle of the bands?  My number one competes against someone else's number one?

theis

first you take turns in picking artists/bands. when everyone have a list of 10 artists/bands, i will put random lists up against each other. the rest of the board will vote for their favorite list. the list that gets most votes will move on to round 2 and battle against a new list. in the end, two lists, compiled by two members, will be left. people will vote, again, for their favorite... and yay, we have a winner.

i just thought it'd be something new and fun for the board.

theis

example:

if you were the first one to pick:

1. defskull
Round 1: deftones
Round 2:
Round 3:
Round 4:
Round 5:
Round 6:
Round 7:
Round 8:
Round 9:

you only pick 1 at the time. when you've picked your band/artist, the next person on the list will get his/her turn to pick one. and when everyone have filled out the 10 slots, the "battle" begins.

defskull

Ok I'm in.

1. defskull
Round 1: dredg
Round 2:
Round 3:
Round 4:
Round 5:
Round 6:
Round 7:
Round 8:
Round 9:
Round 10:

defskull

Crazylegs

wither-I

it seems cool, just complicated. sign up?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

defskull

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 28, 2009, 01:12 AM
not according to the first post.

Because I didn't sign up via PM?  Well too bad.

lostpilot

theis

haha goddamnit. it's not complex at all. defskull, you can't just start off like that. but yeah, if you are the first one to pick, that's the right way.

when enough people have showed interest in participating (at least 10 people before it's fun), we can begin.

so far we have;

lostpilot
wither-i
defskull
crazylegs (you in, man?)

defskull

So how do we determine who gets to choose first?  By random? Lamesauce

theis

i'll just make a random list using a random thingie on the internetz. it will be fair and square.

Crazylegs