Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

2009 Sharing Lungs Music Draft (Discussion)

Started by theis, Apr 27, 2009, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

Quote from: lithium on May 12, 2009, 09:12 PM
i didnt even think we were going in order anymore, i just saw someone post the 6th round and did mine..

Did anyone else understand the logic behind this?  This seems to be a situation that would just create chaos.

theis

haha yeah, i have no idea what he meant either.

bright lights, big city

damn you guys for taking Minus the Bear and Mogwai! DAMN YOU!

*shakes fist*
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

Quote from: defskull on May 14, 2009, 11:20 PM
Quote from: lithium on May 12, 2009, 09:12 PM
i didnt even think we were going in order anymore, i just saw someone post the 6th round and did mine..

Did anyone else understand the logic behind this?  This seems to be a situation that would just create chaos.
yeah i didnt know we were going 1-12 12-1, my bad.
💩

defskull

Damn Massive Attack took long enough.  I swear this is my thought process for most rounds:  "Hmm no one has picked ____ yet, looks like they're mine on next turn" and then before I can do it, someone else takes them!!!

Massive Attack was the latest casualty of this thought process.  A band that should have been grabbed up rounds ago was just taken.  I figured no one had taken them yet so no worries.  How about a list of bands you were going to use but were taken from earlier that round. 

lithium

tool, radiohead, deftones, apc, and team sleep
💩

Jacob

Starz you asshole! I was saving Faunts, didn't think anyone else would ever pick them!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Starz

Jacob

hehe, no worries. just glad I got someone else to like them to begin with :)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

GY!BE... that was a crucial pick, somehow I'd forgotten all about them
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

theis

yeah especially on this forum. i think most people here know (and appreciate) them.

oldgentlovecraft

Crazylegs

i know them. don't appreciate them much though unfortunately.

An bád dubh

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 16, 2009, 12:46 AM
i know them. don't appreciate them much though unfortunately.
Same here. I've given them chances but just can't get anything out of them.

lostpilot

Quote from: defskull on May 15, 2009, 05:44 PM
How do most people not know GY!BE?

well, what I probably meant is that not many of you actually listen to GY!BE.
at least I thought so until this moment, apparently I am wrong, sorry :)

lostpilot

Starz, you took This Will Destroy You.. eh, such a good pick!

Starz

An bád dubh

You guys have probably noticed how the draft picks in your mind change with the day and the mood you're in. I totally changed my mind now on my 7th and my 8th pick. Especially now that there's such a few picks left it's hard to leave any good band or artist out.

Hey, here's an idea: after we are done with this draft, after picking all these 120 bands/artists and voted whose list is the best, can we make another draft but so that we can not pick any of these 120 bands or artists anymore. It would be very Interesting to see what bands get picked there! It wouldn't have to be all the same 12 people picking but the bands picked in this first draft would be out of bounds. We could just post all the bands in this draft to one list and people could use for example the search function in their Internet browser to see if a band is picked yet or not.

I would love that  :P The problem would be that people wouldn't know half the bands other people post. It would require a lot of effort to check out such many new bands from everyone's lists. On the other hand it would widen everyone's music tastes, which is always a great thing. This first draft is the opposite as most of the bands are know by everyone at least on some level and there are only a few bands which are totally new to everyone. Although the one's that are new in this first draft are all worth checking out as they made it into someone's top 10 of all bands.

So maybe the Underground Draft wouldn't work... Haha, it's always nice to ponder things to see what they'd actually be like in reality  8) But hey, what do you guys think, would it be worth a try some day? And if not, what kind of competitions would be cool after this one? As this competition has proven to be a success on the board, we could continue with something else after it.

theis

I would be up for it if someone else organized it, for sure.

A movie draft could also be very cool.