Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deerhunter/Atlas Sound/Lotus Plaza

Started by ben, Apr 29, 2009, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

go ahead and sit on your high horse, and continue to label stuff. I'll just continue to listen to music without restricting myself to some code of thought that lets people know "I KNOW HOW TO CLASSIFY MUSIC I MUST KNOW HOW IT ALL WORKS ITS A SCIENCE POST-DRONE PRE-Postrock BLA BLA BLA"

theis

Quote from: ben on May 03, 2009, 07:29 PM
go ahead and sit on your high horse, and continue to label stuff. I'll just continue to listen to music without restricting myself to some code of thought that lets people know "I KNOW HOW TO CLASSIFY MUSIC I MUST KNOW HOW IT ALL WORKS ITS A SCIENCE POST-DRONE PRE-Postrock BLA BLA BLA"

hahaha, exactly!

whodunit?

hahaha, fuck me.

I made a mistake. It was a band DEARhunter not DEERhunter that I checked. LOL

I'll give this band a try, then.

Zevaka

You might be surprised, but thinking my way doesn't exclude enjoying itself. I'd say, it improves enjoying. But hell. It's my high horse. Pony is enough for some people.

ben

Damn I forgot about how this thread was ruined by garbage.

Either way, you guys NEED to check out Microcastle/Weird Era Cont. OR Cryptograms if you haven't yet.

Zevaka

Lotus Plaza, side-project of one of Deerhunter members, is so sweet.

ben

Quote from: Zevaka on Jul 10, 2009, 05:20 AM
Lotus Plaza, side-project of one of Deerhunter members, is so sweet.

good call man.  Lockett Pundt is the overshadowed member, but I think his stuff is exceptional. 

wither-I

never knew of this... where can i find it?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

ben

Deerhunter is going on a hiatus supposedly.  Thankfully, we still have this amazing shit going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12AWB-kDT0

and once again...check out Cryptogram and Microcastle.  AMAZING ALBUMS.  Theis...check it out.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: ben on Oct 09, 2009, 04:59 PM
Deerhunter is going on a hiatus supposedly.  Thankfully, we still have this amazing shit going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12AWB-kDT0

and once again...check out Cryptogram and Microcastle.  AMAZING ALBUMS.  Theis...check it out.

Is that you in the backround?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

ben

Crazylegs

The new album has gone from allright, to fucking awesome for me in a few spins. Helicopter is so good.

Paint Your Lips

It's been a long time since a band has hit me this hard. In two months i haven't really listened to anything else.

Their live performance on Spinner is a must see.

ben

Their live shows are the most insane things I've ever seen.  I went to one show right after Cryptograms came out, and they were certainly at their most hard-hitting at that point.  But they're still good-- I saw them a few months ago and they just love their music so much and as an audience you get really good vibes.