Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

DEFTONES @ LONDON FORUM Thu 27 Aug 2009

Started by rufas, May 01, 2009, 12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Actually my mate couldn't get the time off work. Gay.

Oblong

I HAVE A SPARE TICKET FOR THIS GIG!

One of my mates dropped out of coming yesterday, so i've got a ticket i need to flog now. Ideally i'd like to get rid of it for more than face value (since i wana cover as much of the cost as possible of him dropping out of paying his cut of our hotel room), but if i only get the 1 offer then i'll get rid of it at face value.

Could meet somewhere before the gig to swap ticket for money. Please let me know if you're interested!

Really excited for this show. Rival Schools are supporting now which is gonna be freakin AWESOME. Two of my favourite bands on the same show, sweeet.

vadimo

just got back from the gig and i really enjoyed it. Chino was evry energetic his voice was also very good, about 1h30m long show, i also liked that no one in the band tried to attempt to replace Chi's backing vocals it was left up to the fans.

songs they plaid (not in correct order):

Feiticeira
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Lotion
Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)
Headup
Needles And Pins
When Girls Telephone Boys
Hexagram
Hole In The Earth
Beware
Digital Bath
Elite
Korea
RX Queen
Change (In The House Of Flies)
Minus Blindfold?
Nosebleed
Root
Birthmark
Engine No. 9
Back To School (Mini Maggit)

Encore:
Passenger
Minerva
7 Words

Vesanic

Vadimo have you recorded something ?

Longstem

Quote from: vadimo on Aug 28, 2009, 02:30 AM
just got back from the gig and i really enjoyed it. Chino was evry energetic his voice was also very good, about 1h30m long show, i also liked that no one in the band tried to attempt to replace Chi's backing vocals it was left up to the fans.

songs they plaid (not in correct order):

Feiticeira
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Lotion
Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)
Headup
Needles And Pins
When Girls Telephone Boys
Hexagram
Hole In The Earth
Beware
Digital Bath
Elite
Korea
RX Queen
Change (In The House Of Flies)
Minus Blindfold?
Nosebleed
Root
Birthmark
Engine No. 9
Back To School (Mini Maggit)

Encore:
Passenger
Minerva
7 Words

The thing you tell about Chi... great man how you descripe that.

Nice to see little difference in the setlist compared to Amsterdam. I see some more Adrenaline songs.. always a good thing ;)

I followed some people on twitter during the show and they were telling only but good stuff!

rock_n_frost

are you kidding ?

there is 25 songs !!
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

wheresmysnare

I was on the upper standing bit, got my tickets a bit late, i thought the set was awesome, i was leaning over railings in an area with tables and chairs, which i guess was a VIP area, anyway Zane Lowe was infront of me which was pretty random. I thought they were going to play a new song when Chino was bigging up their new stuff, but engine no.9 was just fine. Awesome gig much better than Portsmouth Guildhall where i saw them last, Chino is back.

aj

they didnt play minus blindfold or birthmark, only 23 songs last night

Vesanic

Passenger as the encore... I wanna hear/see this.  :(

vadimo

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Aug 28, 2009, 01:44 PM
I was on the upper standing bit, got my tickets a bit late, i thought the set was awesome, i was leaning over railings in an area with tables and chairs, which i guess was a VIP area, anyway Zane Lowe was infront of me which was pretty random. I thought they were going to play a new song when Chino was bigging up their new stuff, but engine no.9 was just fine. Awesome gig much better than Portsmouth Guildhall where i saw them last, Chino is back.

i know what you mean about new song/s live- i thought they would play some since Chino mentioned it.

by the way Vesanic, i didnt record nor take pictures -just cant be bothered anymore, its even a challenge for me to get myself to go to almost any gig thesedays.

aj

vadimo was that you with the sign asking for a spare ticket?

if so, you've grown about 4 foot since i last seen you

Vesanic

Damn... don't tell me that nobody recorded that shit...

ToneDef

Quote from: aj on Aug 29, 2009, 01:25 AM

I vaguely remember that guy.. But I don't remember seeing Vadimo at all.

defsteve

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Aug 28, 2009, 01:44 PM

Zane Lowe was standing behind me  ;)
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

defsteve

Some foreign guy (non-UK anyway) asked us outside the venue at the back what his VIP pass got him (ie after party, etc). Told him to go through the backstage door and go straight to the dressing room.

Then had a little chat with him later in the dressing room.

Was that anyone on here ? Was a friendly dude.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

vadimo

Quote from: ToneDef on Aug 29, 2009, 06:14 PM
Quote from: aj on Aug 29, 2009, 01:25 AM

I vaguely remember that guy.. But I don't remember seeing Vadimo at all.

i have purchased my ticket when they got on sale! so no it wasnt me!
ToneDef we met at the London Electric Ballrom show, im also featured on http://www.deftonesworld.com/meetings.htm

but yes its been a long time

ToneDef

Haha, yeah I know who you are man. You saved my life with the camera that time. Just didn't see you about man.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Subliminal

Guys, we gotta be setting up a meeting for the next London gig, no doubt there will be one before are after Download. So I'll be organising that shit!! :)

Quote from: ToneDef on Aug 24, 2009, 05:08 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Jun 08, 2009, 07:02 PM
How the fuck did i not know this!?

Thanks for the heads up Trav  ???

Haha, shit man. Did you get tickets? Sorry, I just assume the hardcore bunch always know what's going on when they boys are over. I don't post on here much anymore but I always keep checking in the buildup to a European tour.

It's cool brother! I missed this gig, bet it was flawless as always.

ToneDef

Yeah man, it'll be cool to all meet up again.