Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Karnivool

Started by theis, May 11, 2009, 01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cesar421

they played another new song on their past australian tour called "Sky Machine". there isn't a video on youtube because the band ask the user to take them down immediately.

i read some reviews and they said that it's like new day.

hope they release this album next year.

cesar421

These guys are going to begin a new tour this friday in Australia and they are going to play new songs.
Can't wait to hear their new album.

also a DVD is coming out in this year.

I'm anxiously waiting for them to do another U.S tour.

cesar421

New songs sounds good
Can't wait for the new album!
Aeons
Karnivool- Aeons (Live @ the Tivoli)

N0S3BLEED976

Has anyone heard their new song "Refusal" yet?

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/media/s3762814.htm

To my surprise it has harsh, screamed vocals in it, which is pretty unusual for Karnivool and a positive surprise  to me. I felt the song was somewhat bland and raw in terms of songwriting and production, however. Definitely hope for something more refined on their full album.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I had the same opinion on it, it seems a lot less crafted than usual a bit like Dillinger Escape Plan quite erratic especially from Karnivool who usually put a lot of work into making cohesive songs. I have high hopes for the full album still, The refusal is not even on the album anyway, apparently it's a b-side they've have played live for a couple of years now but have only just recorded while they were doing the new stuff. Can't wait to hear the actual first single I'm sick of hearing Ian doing the real soft Birds of Tokyo stuff it's going to be good to get some new Karnivool epicness.

theis

DeftonesNZ

What a coincendence just finished downloading this really looking forward to hearing it,I enjoyed the three songs that were played on Triple J liked Eidolon the best, But im really hoping there are some epic heavy breakdowns in the rest of the songs haven't really heard that in the new stuff yet I want to hear them let loose especially Ian.

theis

DeftonesNZ

Have given it a few listens and it's very good 4/5 but I will say it left me feeling a bit hollow the songs do so much work building up and I kept waiting for a big expansive moment with simple but powerful vocals and instrumentals but it never camem all the songs have very good instumentals but it just seems to go from one complex phase to another without ever opening up like the songs on Sound Awake did so well, On their previous work they would have real complex busy parts aswell but then they would have those real groove based breaksdown they would swoop in and add balance, if this album had those expansive moments it would be 5/5 the songs sound very well developed as expected from Karnivool,  it's clear lots of effort has gone into honing them I just think it they needed to balance the complexity out more.

theis

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jul 19, 2013, 02:56 PM
the songs do so much work building up and I kept waiting for a big expansive moment with simple but powerful vocals and instrumentals but it never camem all the songs have very good instumentals but it just seems to go from one complex phase to another without ever opening up like the songs on Sound Awake did so well

I've only listened to it once, but this is exactly how I felt.

Maybe this requires more listens, but as it stands now Asymmetry has nothing on Sound Awake.

Zantera

The new album is really good. This band has been in that sort of "made great albums, but nothing mindblowing", and I still feel the same way. Both Sound Awake and Asymmetry are really good, but they are not one of my favorite bands or anything. Just a pretty great band, that I really like.